Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We want to hear from you: technical concerns, glitches, or bugs

A_CX_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: Thread Closed

We appreciate all your valuable feedback, in helping us identify crucial updates for our portals. The team is committed to addressing remaining issues. We ask you to contribute future feedback under our Get Support board to ensure posts are seen and responded to by our support members. Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Community Members, 

As you embrace the new way to experience mobility with Public Mobile, we want to know how your experience is, and if there are any issues you’ve encountered along the way. While we aim high, we know there’s room to grow. With your valuable feedback, we’ll keep innovating to deliver an even better experience. 

Use this thread to share any technical concerns, glitches, or bugs you've come across. Your valuable feedback will help our team identify and resolve issues effectively. 

Note: We will do our best to provide answers and updates to your questions. The team is working hard to share your feedback with our product teams to help resolve on-going issues. For support-related inquiries, please connect with our Oracles and Community experts for assistance. 

We'll be posting workarounds, updates and troubleshooting tips along the way.

Thank you,
Public Mobile Team

Please note: I am not a CS Agent and can't provide 1:1 support.
I do not monitor my direct messages.
398 REPLIES 398

selmak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

why the new system doesn't have email option for 2fa?

@LitlLdy wrote:

Personally, I’d like the option of using an authenticator app if I have to use anything but maybe that is not secure enough? I hate not being able to disable it anymore!

I also hate that I can not add funds to my account without adding the payment card to the account as well as not being allowed to remove it myself! After all it is my payment card, & my money on it! So, I am stuck purchasing vouchers instead!

I am very disappointed in Public Mobile for no longer having roll over data when we purchase data add-ons which now expires 30 days after purchasing!

Every time I select toggle "Trust this device" for future logins“ it never saves it! It makes me enter a 2FA code at every login!

I’m hating this place more & more!

I agree if have the option of using an authenticator app to login that will be great, especially when are out of country can't get text or email because PM doesn't off any add on except US. 

carsonb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Your ever safe login thing rejects valid emails. “.email” is a valid TLD, for example, but ever safe won’t allow it to be used. 
That’s a bit of a pickle if that was the email you already use for Public Mobile. 

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@A_CX_PM 

Edited!!

1. To view usage, you can only filter for how many days. No more Data, Calls only. 

2. Double Spacing in the community posts.

3. All 3 accounts are screwed up. All my accounts have the correct matched emails. The eversafe sign up forces you to enter a nick name and creates a NEW Community ID. The only reason why this one works is....I did a typo and perhaps PM should have a double entry to verify if that is the nick name you want? So when it asks for a nick name and you type in the one that belongs to you....it says it is already in use!!

4. My ZTE723 is using data...how's that possible?

5. I do like the second factor as it offers Text, Phone call, or Email for the verification code. The phone call message speaks toooooo fast. 

6. With one login....how do you get back to My Account or My Rewards from the Community account?

7. Cant find chat bot...404....just found it..but you have to logon to find it.....not a good idea!

8. Pasting verification code does not work....each of the 6 numbers must be entered individually.

It's a very disappointing and  messy roll out. So many of us depend on our phones and we need a fix.

gooru

Yes this is what I had to do as well. Super frustrating when you need this access for assistance and support. 

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Too many account logins into PM: Community login, Self-serve account login, Rewards login: and as if that weren’t enough, there is yet another authentication required for creating a support ticket. 😊

Now, to the other extreme of the pendulum. In my Royal Bank account, with a single login, I can manage my CAD checking, CAD saving, USD checking, TFSA, Credit cards, Credit line, and better still, Direct Investing (stock market).

Am I comparing apples & oranges here? Perhaps, yes, or perhaps not. Please consider converging the logins at PM to one, or at the most two.

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good morning, please add that my data appears as NAN as well.  I'm sure this appears as a glitch for a lot of us, but just wanted to list it as an issue.

Not sure if this is how it is supposed to be, but even though I was signed into my account in order to type this in the Community I had to sign in again under the Ever Safe....I thought it was a one time sign in?

arm62

NaN = "Not a Number". Software speak for what is likely a coding error.

I have had this issue too since I last logged in a couple days ago.

@wetcoaster wrote:

@umnikke8 wrote:

@hycm53 you can get email and voice code options if you click on resend

only SMS and voice call here.

I help manage a couple accounts where I don't have access to the phone (and definitely not in that 2 minute timeframe, but I can log into the according e-mail account... There is no way for me to help these people anymore. Frustrating!

More work for you but you still can manage multiple accounts but each with their own community account.  For those online accounts without a community account, you can create one starting from the online account.  Just click on the community link and follow the prompts.  A major revamp to the back end might have been needed but this rollout was in sore need of a single login for multiple lines.  

@Anonymous wrote:

@A_CX_PM    Some of us have not been able to access our community account today.  I've been told the issue has been escalated higher up the chain. 

Here's my thread and responses from other customers with the same issue:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Community-sign-in/td-p/984393

I second and third the need to fix this problem.  I have spent the better part of the evening with the CSAs trying different things that so far have resulted in my online account being linked to a brand new community account with new user ID and nickname.  The system would not recognize the fact that there is already a community account linked to my email and forced me to create a new nickname.  I ended up complying with the system requirements and now I have two community accounts that point to the same email address.  The CSA has confirmed my email is still linked to my old community account.  I can no longer access the old account except via this cached access.  

@hycm53 wrote:

There used be 2 options (email or text) for send 2FA code when login, but now only one option to choose is text. It's OK when I am in Canada, but if I were in Europe for instance, I couldn't get text for 2FA code until PM has Europe add on .

@hycm53 , there still the option of using email 2FA.  A third voice option has been added.  However, the first sign on using the new system must be done with SMS and thereafter, you have access to the email option.  That said, the 2FA implementation is a bit clunky in that the system defaults to SMS and you must use the resend button to bring up the other options.  Perhaps @A_CX_PM , should investigate having all options available for selection before the 2FA code is sent.  That is how my bank does 2FA, I have to select the phone number of which I have 3 on file and then select SMS or voice call followed by initiating the request for 2FA code.  

aj21

I can't login to my 2nd account because it sends a text to that phone, and I can't access that phone (it's suspended). So what do I do? How can I unsuspend that phone if I can't login to the account?

Also, my old username "AJ" is inaccessible. So I had to make this new name. How can I access my old community username?

Fz3

Why would I want to use Public Mobile again when their service and website sucks so much? 

PBForMe1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@jamiepm1 wrote:

@A_CX_PM 
I just thought of another bug: Even when signed in the navigation at the top of the community says "Sign in". It's a bit confusing as to where you're signing in to and if you're signed in or not.

Yeah the header is actually tied into the account page not the forum, so if you sign out of the account page and browse the forum you'll see 'sign in' at the top which I agree is confusing. 

If you sign out on the account page you still remain signed in on the forum.

jamiepm1

@A_CX_PM 
I just thought of another bug: Even when signed in the navigation at the top of the community says "Sign in". It's a bit confusing as to where you're signing in to and if you're signed in or not.

jamiepm1

@softech now you've tagged me instead of @jordany 

@softech wrote:

@A_CX_PM please message support if you cannot submit using Chatbot

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@softech , did you mean to tag @jordany instead?

It’s been a very very long day! 😏 

jamiepm1

@A_CX_PM wrote:

Use this thread to share any technical concerns, glitches, or bugs you've come across. Your valuable feedback will help our team identify and resolve issues effectively. 

One thing I haven't seen in any other threads is that my plan seems to have changed. My plan is $135 every 90 days before discounts. Usually I pay around $105 after discounts.

Today my plan says $195 per 90 days...

I've raised it with support but that's a fairly worrying bug.

**Edit: just checked and this seems to now be fixed. Not heard from support 

@jordany @please message support if you cannot submit using Chatbot

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

thanks @LitlLdy 

jordany

It is so slow in response so that I can't even create a support ticket to address my community profile issue.

Pretty frustrating. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

Personally, I’d like the option of using an authenticator app if I have to use anything but maybe that is not secure enough? I hate not being able to disable it anymore!

I also hate that I can not add funds to my account without adding the payment card to the account as well as not being allowed to remove it myself! After all it is my payment card, & my money on it! So, I am stuck purchasing vouchers instead!

I am very disappointed in Public Mobile for no longer having roll over data when we purchase data add-ons which now expires 30 days after purchasing!

Every time I select toggle "Trust this device" for future logins“ it never saves it! It makes me enter a 2FA code at every login!

I’m hating this place more & more!

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just know when you do that, if you ever want to use a credit card here again you won't be able to, the system will black list you for charge backs until your in good standing with them again, best to resolve your issue through proper channels first before resorting to that.

Fz3

Unable to log into my account. After sign in, it just goes back to the PM homepage and I'm still not logged in. I've tried on multiple browsers and cleared cookies and all that. I'm trying to cancel my subscription that was supposed to renew today. I was unable to cancel it in time, so now I'm going to have to dispute the charge with my credit card company. 

PBForMe1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@A_CX_PM wrote:

We’re working on a fix. Once you access the accounts, you can update the OTP options including adding alternate # for SMS. 

Can you say for certain this will be fixed because I've just spent the last hour going back and forth with support if this will be fixed then I won't bother them anymore. 

It's frustrating that now we're being locked out of the accounts and you're not letting us use the alternate verification options we already confirmed!

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Some issues I've noticed after briefly checking things out, some have been pointed out by other posters already:

1. First log-in using EverSafe does not have the option to send code to email. Please fix this. I do see text/email/voice options on second login attempt though.

2. Currently, an SMS code is auto sent-out immediately after logging in. Please give us the option to control this. When managing family accounts, I prefer the old system where we first select the method (text/email/voice), before actually getting a code. No surprise SMS to confuse the paranoid or less techy family members actually using the accounts.

3. Once logged in, changing your name within “Manage EverSafe ID” does not work. New name does not get saved.

4. Also after logging in, going to the Community  page asks me to create a new nickname... I just closed the page. Luckily I'm still logged in with this account (fujiyama) on the phone I'm posting this from, but how do I get back in if I get kicked out?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

That was a terrible experience.

I'm out of country. I will not be able to set up 2 accounts. A third account is still in country and they sent me the verification codes.

The trusted device doesn't seem to stick but at least it gives me the option after resend. But it should give the options up front rather than texting anyway. I seem to recall that the email option isn't there until after setting up.

The trusted device doesn't work for the account but does seem to for the community.

I'd like to see the envelope back on a mobile browser along with the notification. I'm not sure I'm getting private message email notifications either.

Very disappointed in 30 day data add-ons.

That's what I've come across so far.

We’re working on a fix. Once you access the accounts, you can update the OTP options including adding alternate # for SMS. 

Please note: I am not a CS Agent and can't provide 1:1 support.
I do not monitor my direct messages.

jordany

Screenshot_20230524_143637_Public Mobile.jpg

I was successful logging in to the app once, but every time I attempt to access my profile and rewards, this error message appears. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@A_CX_PM   

On MY Account, the data usage is not showing.  Just saying NaN 

@umnikke8 wrote:

@hycm53 you can get email and voice code options if you click on resend

only SMS and voice call here.

I help manage a couple accounts where I don't have access to the phone (and definitely not in that 2 minute timeframe, but I can log into the according e-mail account... There is no way for me to help these people anymore. Frustrating!

Need Help? Let's chat.