Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Community Account Created After EverSafe ID

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We know that some of you have experienced an issue resulting in a new Community account generated after you completed your EverSafe ID registration. The team has captured and is investigating the issue further.  

Thank you,

The Public Mobile Team 

141 REPLIES 141

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,  It also forced me to create a new nickname.  My original one was  KEEPASA

Thank you for your help and time.

Dianabeee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

More than 2 weeks and I cannot get into my account, the verification code is being sent to a phone number that is not mine and that I have no access to as its old and cancelled. My friend cancelled her account and regretfully forget to remove the auto pay, now PM is taking from her credit card each month, and she does not have service. Sorry guys, but WTF?

dlednak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thanks. I have also faced this issue.

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@Mude Have you not received a private message back from our CSA's? Please make sure your email notifications are turned on >> My Settings 

Mude

@J_PM I need help. I couldn't actiavte my eSIM, as a new subscriber even after several attempts using the barcode sent on email. The message I keep getting is 'contact carrier for support'. I have not received any support from you since Sunday, NEITHER have I had service since then. Can I can get real help about this issue?

Bruce12

Thank you

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It took two days to get it all sorted out and I’m back to my usual account. Contacting the cs agent was quick, they asked to identify yourself with basic info and they rolled me back to my original account while using my dummy account 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is still problematic, I guess it doesn’t really matter if they are linked to your actual PM account 

John-Q-Public
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Cookies could be one cause of one problem, but not to the Big One... 

Proof: Open a browser in "Guest" mode, where none of your 'personal' cookies would reply. If you still have the problem, it's not the cookies.

Anonymous
Not applicable

They asked me to delete my cookies....bahahaha like thats the problem, and I would not have thought of that. Sheesh. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I responded to this quite some time ago and still no help with it.... here is a link to a response from my old account: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/SPAM-Stop-it/m-p/655466#M436179

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks softech.  They did kindly offer to give me my original user name. And I would have followed up, but I had read that your old and new posts aren’t amalgamated, so you lose all your current activity.  I figured it easiest to just keep my new name and move on.

Anonymous
Not applicable
  • Yup…movin’ on! 😉

G_Pomzz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yup, easiest thing to do is make a new username. That's what I ended up doing. 

oldandgrumpy2

Obviously. I set up the dummy account to contact CS to fix my actual account.  I didn't do it to post here.

oldandgrumpy2

Eister3, I'm with you.  What a waste of time trying to get back my old username.   All I care about now is getting a username on my account.  Having to set up a dummy account with a valid independent phone number to contact support is ridiculous.

@oldandgrumpy2 reply support. If you cannot reply , message them again here and provide them the background info again

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@Anonymous honest the old name might not matter, but it you like old one, give it a chance.  Many able to get back old profile without issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh boy…..sorry, but thanks for this!  I’m now convinced it’s better to forgo attempting to recover my old Eister and just stay with my new, and maybe not so improved,  Eister3. 😆 

oldandgrumpy2

Latest update: CS responded after two days.  Two days later they let me know that my old username "oldandgrumpy" was in place again, and the temp username "oldandgrumpy1" was now disabled.  

Tried logging into my community account.  Not so fast kids!  Asks me to register a new username.  Deleted cookies, cache, and stored data for publicmobile*.*, telus*.*, and eversafe*.*.  Loaded Incognito mode in Chrome.  Tried again.  No go.  Can't log in, can't even register a new username.  

The big kick in the nuts is: can't submit a trouble ticket because I'm unable to set up any username!!!

This post is using a secondary email address and secondary phone number to register with Eversafe.  What a PITA.

PXL_20230702_165051365.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

@Anonymous you can go back Eister if you open ticket with support.  It is an easy fix for them now.  Message supoort here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too….for 4 years I was Eister, now I’m brand new Eister3.  Guess it’s close enough! 😂 

HI @Anonymous 

did you check your Community inbox? Envelope icon on top right

and if no one reply, message them again.  We have many members got their id back shortly after they submit the ticket

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did two days ago.  No reply.

HI @Anonymous   you just need to submit a ticket with PM and ask them to change back to your old name:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the issue.  Original username is "oldandgrumpy".

Thanks

John-Q-Public
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Correction:

I said that I was not contacted to state that the ticket had been resolved. In fact, they had sent a Text (SMS) message to my phone (which was on the charger, so I didn't see it), asking me to check if I was able to log into my original ID, and I could.

Seems to me sending a Private Message to this ID would have alerted me in the usual way (by email), confirming its restoration, but Public Mobile, like The Lord, works in weird and mysterious ways! 🙂

@dust2dust    Yes, that has been the normal process that the new profile gets anonymized but it was just curious that posts by John_Q who, quite rightly, vented some mild frustration about not having access to previous username and responses by esjliv and myself telling him to contact support (I'll admit to expressing disappointment that this thread had not been updated with additional information to contact support) were all mysteriously removed. 

Yep, the only thing consistent around here is the inconsistency..

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@John-Q-Public, @dabr - It is an odd outcome. We've previously seen that posts made by the temporary account got anonymized. The consistency around here ....

@John-Q-Public   Thanks for the update and good to hear you've had your previous profile restored. 

I also noticed that for whatever reason your posts along with responses from myself and esjliv were all deleted and I can't fathom the reason for such action as there was nothing offensive written in any of those posts and I'm quite baffled by it all TBH.

Need Help? Let's chat.