Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAQ & Troubleshooting

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community

We know that navigating through numerous threads can be overwhelming. So, we’ve brought all your questions in one place to provide clear answers to support your experience. Note: we'll highlight the latest added FAQs below.  

Keep reading to check out the top questions folks are asking in the Community. And remember, if you have a question that’s not on the list, feel free to leave a reply on this post:

F.A.Q 

How do I get help with logging into my account, creating an Eversafe ID, OPT/2FA?
Please visit the dedicated thread for real-time updates and troubleshooting.

Why do I keep experiencing errors in the App: lag, frequent login sessions?
Our latest update brings a host of improvements to your Public Mobile app experience, including optimized login sessions and stability fixes to reduce errors. To benefit from these enhancements, make sure you're using the latest version of our app. You can download the update from your device's app store.

Why are messages missing in my Private Message inbox?
Please be aware that if you can’t find certain messages in your Private Message inbox, it might be due to tickets submitted prior to your EverSafe registration. If this is the case, simply resubmit the ticket and include the previous ticket ID, if possible.

Why is 5G Not Working, I’m not getting full 5G speed?
To access 5G network speeds, ensure you have a compatible phone, your phone’s software is up-to-date and you are connected to the Public Mobile 5G network where available.

• On iOS at least 16.4
  • On Android at least 11

Why can I see the 5G symbol when I’m not on a 5G plan?
You’re seeing the 5G symbol because your phone is connected to our 5G network. However, please remember, your data speed is determined by your plan, not by the network symbol displayed on your phone.    

Will I be moved to the new rewards program if I change my plan?
Changing your plan won’t automatically transfer you to our new Public Points rewards program. If you’re currently on our legacy rewards program, you will continue to stay on it. However, we encourage you to explore Public Points, as it opens up even more opportunities for savings.

Click here to learn more about legacy rewards.

Will my 3G subscription plan be grandfathered?
Yes, customers will continue to enjoy their current 3G subscription plans unless they decide to switch to a new plan. 

Why is My Account showing that my 90 day plan has doubled in cost?
This glitch in My Account has been resolved.  

How do I access the $15 and $25 plans?
You can find our $15 and $15 plans when you select subscriptions plans inside App. 

Is there a way to save my password for App? Why do I have to keep logging back into App?
We know there's is an issue causing customers to re-login a lot, we are working on it, but in the mean time we recommend using a service like this to make logging in easier.

41 REPLIES 41

@DanMessier2- Yes that's a Telus family number. And what happened when you tried to call it?

You would need a new sim. Not sure if you can re-use the old eversafe id like what you're using here or whether you need to create a new one. You need to activate that sim and then ask support to see if they can get that number back. It's possible that a no-answer could be a suspended account though. So see what support can do for you.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

DanMessier2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

And I did pick a new number from here

DanMessier2

250961 are the first 6 digits. And I started with this number from Telus years ago. How do I go about trying to get it back? 

@DanMessier2- What are the first 6 digits of the number (not last 4)? If you picked a new number from here then maybe. If you picked it new from Telus or Koodo then maybe maybe. If you picked it from a different provider and brought it over to here when you signed up then you would have to go back to that provider.
Have you tried calling the number to see if someone has taken it yet? If so then that's that. It's gone.

DanMessier2

It’s bin about 5 months since I lost my phone and the pm plan has not bin payed. Can I get my old number?

John_G1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

maybe.  Three weeks ago when I was lost in the PM swamp (I'm still not out, butI took a break for a couple of weeks out of frustration) I used Chrome, Firefex and  Edge, in public and incognito modes, and had the same problems in all of them - complete endless loop of changing passwords, confirming with SMS, being taken to Resume Activation, then log-in screen, then 'email and password do not match'... every single time.

So you'll need outside help, almost certainly. Good luck. It is not immediate but is occasionally helpful.

Being able to pick up the phone and talk to somebody would be much better, but would add to the costs of the system So: better to have an economical service that works well for 90+% of the members, at the cost of deep frustration for others, or a less economical service that actually helps some of the frustrated?

Orangerocks
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Try using a different browser.  I couldn't log in on the Brave browser but Google Chrome works.

John_G1

that often does not work, espeically on days when the system has decided to play nasty. I spent three full days a couple of weeks ago trying to figure out why I could not log in, and after three days I sort of figured it out and I thought had persuaded a Customer Service Agent that he should address it - but then I never heard anything back, and the account still does not work properly.

My experience with clearing browser history is that it wipes out account numbers that one then has to go look up - it will keep passwords, but not the access codes you need to get to the password cue. I think the answer to this is to use an incognito or private browser-  a customer service agent recommended it, and some folks in the community have recommended it.  Nice idea, but it did not solve my problems.

vlpf1new

There should be connection error will the main server, try to clear the browsing history/cookies. Try login again, it will work.

John_G1

The system today (Aug 21) is setting whole new Internet records for user hostility. Much of the time the Sign-in button does not work at all. Most of the time I can't log in, and sometimes it tells me that my email and phone do not exist, though I have not changed either in six years (email in 23 years) and sometimes they do work, as now. At some point access to an actual human being who knows the system is really the only way out of the hole.

James1617

I need help my account isn't active as I tried to poet my number but doesn't work 

Nazy

Try going with an incognito web page or a totally different device. You may have blocked the website IP address by accident.

andrew123456

Having same issue. Same error page. It’s been 2 weeks I cannot get into my account. 

@DanMessier2 

sorry , you know the phone number do you?

you know the email address you registered with , do you?

DanMessier2

It’s been about four months since I’ve paid for that number on the account that it’s attached to with Public Mobile. Can I retrieve this account with the number attached? I don’t have the SIM card and phone that the number was with. I’d like to keep the phone number 

@DanMessier2 

you can do so if the the old number is active and with another provider

but if the number is already with PM, you can not transfer

and if you number was with PM before and no longer active or tie with a PM account, then it might or might not be doable. Tell us more details like how 'old' was it

DanMessier2

Hi there,

How do I transfer my old number to current account?

Thank you

@Kess

did you try using different device or Incognito mode?

if that does not work, this is something you need to work with PM support and have them to troubleshoot on the backend

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Kess

Did you ever fix your issue? I'm having the same problem and still cannot login.

gg5

My sms uage is being used up evening though I  havnt texted is weeks!

olaoluwadeb1

@J_PM it seems to me that I'm the only one or one of the few encountering this issue with PM.

After logging in and 2FA, I am unable to get into My Account landing page. The same issue occurs when I select a subscription. It re-routes into a different page, giving me an error code (XXX), prompting me to "Try Again".

olaoluwadeb1_0-1686611674084.png 

olaoluwadeb1_1-1686611723357.png

When will this be fixed? I've been at it for over a week now...

@J_PM   PLEASE add access back to the $15 plan and the CAN 500 LD mins to the website. I manage MULTIPLE accounts and doing it via the APP is NOT practical.

NOTE: I also need to save a PDF invoice. That is also IMPRACTICAL on the APP as I need to save this to my computer... UGH!

DOES ANYONE at PM consider the different ways that people manage their accounts?

Metaiya

Public mobile keeps telling me that I have no access to my account because the webpage is down but I’m now out of data and have no way to get around because I can’t buy myself more Internet. It also makes no sense that I’ve already used up all of my data because it says I’ve only used five gigs and I switched over to the 15 GB plan last month. There is no customer service to speak to so I have just been messed up for days with no help. Somebody please help me.

@olaoluwadeb1  did you try logging in My Account using Incognito mode?

And try using a different browser.  If it still does not work, try access from another device, maybe a computer instead of phone

olaoluwadeb1

After logging in and 2FA, I am unable to get into My Account landing page. The same issue occurs when I select a subscription. It re-routes into a different page, giving me an error code (XXX), prompting me to "Try Again".

When will this be fixed? I've been at it for over two days now.

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Many users have commented that $15, $25 (3G plans) and Canada-wide Add-on for 500 minutes are not available anymore. I just checked it out  -- on Jun 4 at 9.15 AM -- and the factual position stands as below:

1. On the desktop website, these plans and add-ons are not available.

2. In the Public Mobile Android app ver 1.1.1, these plans are available. (see the two snapshots).  So, please don't lose heart. 😊

Screenshot_20230604-091410.pngScreenshot_20230604-091322.png

alts63_

The $15/$25 plan with add ons that don't expire is the reason I'm with Public Mobile.  I'm willing to wait out the growing pains.  The new website needs further work - dropdown menus are still only 1 character wide. 
Please reverse the expiring add-on decision.  @J_PM !!!

mmcbride

My grandfathered account ($35 for 2GB 5G access, unlimited provincial calling, unlimited international texting) has doubled in price to $70 with no warning. Will this be honoured and fixed?

Need Help? Let's chat.