Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting Login Issues: OTP, 2FA, EverSafe

A_CX_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We are working very hard to resolve errors some of you are facing when logging in or creating a new ID. For Eversafe ID specific issues, our agents are currently unable to support a fix. Please hang tight until we provide an update. 

In the meantime, please try the following temporary workarounds: 

1. Try clicking "resend" to get options for email, SMS and voicemail (this workaround only works if you have created your Eversafe ID)
  2.  If you are copy and pasting your code, delete the last number and type it in - the button should no longer be greyed out
  3. Some individuals facing this issue are entering incorrect e-mail and/or password: please retry your credentials or attempt a reset
  4. Updated 5.26.23 1:55PM EST:  Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

We will post as soon as we have resolved the issues. 

UPDATE workaround for password reset 6:30 PM EST: if you successfully reset your password and get a confirmation email: you can exit and ignore the OTP page, go back to log in, clicking resend if you need a new OTP. 

UPDATE: 5/25/2023 6:30 PM EST: We're working on consolidating your feedback and are prioritizing a fix. Thank you for your patience over the next short while as we iron out launch kinks as fast as possible.

Learn more about EverSafe ID

Please note: I am not a CS Agent and can't provide 1:1 support.
I do not monitor my direct messages.
181 REPLIES 181

kj99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think the best way is only for those people who made their EVER SAFE ID with email and get alternative access through email 2FA..you can't do much else.

Michou1978

I'm still having issues and it's been about a year. I'm not able to get into my account to buy more data. 

Sucrose
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Currently stuck in this loop/unable to access my account. I need customer service.

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Iluminata @PowerPM @Joaq 

EverSafe will limit the number of failed attempts you get each day. To prevent brute-force attacks. To prevent denial-of-service attacks. This is pretty much the standard cybersecurity feature on every server login of any importance. Once you've failed several login attempts, access to your account through that login portal will be locked out for a time. Subsequent login attempts will automatically fail and after a certain threshold they're likely to lockout your account access for an even longer time or flag it for human attention because it could be an attempt to break the system or steal your account.

What this means is that if you keep banging your head against the wall in frustration then the wall is just going to get harder and more frustrating each time, it accomplishes nothing useful. If you can't login to your EverSafe (or to any other online thing of importance) after a handful of tries then back off and give it a day to sort itself out before you come back for more attempts.

Joaq

I had the same issue it, was terrible 

PowerPM

I had trouble with website, but app got me thru the traffic. Hope it works out.

Iluminata

Just received my SIM and I cannot login to my account to activate it. I tried the APP, web, different browsers, reset password several times, nothing gets me in. On web I get a belated "Forbidden", the app just reverts back to the login screen. Quite frustrating for my first interaction with PM. What are my options?

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@maximum_gato wrote:
Activation has to be completed using the PM app.

This is sad. Not wanted. Not an improvement.

It also locks out all those flip phones and IoT toys and non-Android non-iOS devices which can't run the app. Restricted compatibility is never a consumer-friendly move, in my opinion.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Dom514 

Activation has to be completed using the PM app. If you are posting here you can send a private message to customer support. Use the link below and keep an eye on your private message box (by clicking on your avatar) for a reply.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Dom514

Just tried to sign up today. Couldn’t complete activation. Can’t log in to request support help. Very unimpressed if this is what happens when I try to set up!

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@kencar1 

What message are you getting after putting in the code? Or what happens that prevents access?

kencar1

I have the email option but does not get me into my account after putting in the code

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@dancingduck 

Are you a new or existing customer? Unfortunately a few customers get sucked into an neversafending vortex of denied access. While there is troubleshooting that can help a CSA is likely needed.

hi @dancingduck 

did you try click "didn't receive code?" and Send email?

if that does not help, please submit ticket with CS agent here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dancingduck

Nothing is working in creating an ever safe ID. Not the OTP neither the login credentials. I’ve been going nuts around this. Junk website. Refund my money.

dancingduck

Same thing is happening with me. Trying so hard but it keeps on remaining in the same page and I’m going nowhere in setting up the ID. 

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yay! I have been going nuts and going nowhere to set up an account. 

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi there @Caniss 

If you have set up a self-serve account then you can click "Didn't get the code" and you can have the code sent to your email instead. It is not a phone number but it is certainly an alternative. Have a nice day.

ChrissieP88

Entering the wrong code 4x did not work for me. I was not given option to receive code via another method.  I am not receiving The verification code via text at all no matter how many times I request it be resent. Please advise.

Caniss

They need an option to send the SMS/Voice  to the alternate phone number if u had one  entered.

Caniss

I have never come across  Eversafe while using the Telus   MyTelus app.

The Mytelus app works the same    since they got it going good.  was a pile of sss b4.

Caniss

The SMS is really slow , got it with 1 minute left on the timer.

Using a smartphone to login to the PM website does not work.  Get email address not found, Samsung browser on S9   or does not load at all using  Opera browser.  

Had to use desktop PC  and Opera worked to load the PM site.

Before got a bunch one after another when I hit resend several times.

SlickToxic
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Been very difficult to make line

Without this info and reading be Impossible

mitanay

i have same issue, my phone is andriod, cant activate... takes me back to login screen.. i typed my login ID million times, but nothing works

Drew73

Oh you've lost your phone?  No problem- login into your account to report it.  But to do that, we'll need you to ENTER THE PIN WE'VE SENT TO SAID LOST PHONE. 
As a fix, you suggest entering the wrong password- only to get locked out..

WHAT GENIUS CAME UP WITH THIS??  
Here's an idea- send the PIN to an email that can typically be accessed from anywhere.

L10B

Hi there.  Please help.  I created my account using my laptop, got to the payment screen, payment complete, there it tells me to download the public mobile app.  I do so on my iphone 5s and when it goes to the eversafe site, it stops and won't load the site so I can finish the activation process.  What do I do to get this phone activated?  There is not an option to continue on the website using my laptop.  This seems odd.  Please help.  Thanks

MATARA53

"We will post as soon as we have resolved the issues"  The issue can easily be resolved by removing a dysfunctional security system.  That would be a great start.

MATARA53

I won't keep extra track with this mess any further or future issues I will just quit Public and move else where for my cell provider service. I don't have the time and more so don't want to spend endless time to try and rectify the ongoing issues here.

MATARA53

I don't have an issue with the hassle of changing provider cause if one continues with ongoing issues here that too is a great hassle.

Need Help? Let's chat.