Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting Login Issues: OTP, 2FA, EverSafe

A_CX_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We are working very hard to resolve errors some of you are facing when logging in or creating a new ID. For Eversafe ID specific issues, our agents are currently unable to support a fix. Please hang tight until we provide an update. 

In the meantime, please try the following temporary workarounds: 

1. Try clicking "resend" to get options for email, SMS and voicemail (this workaround only works if you have created your Eversafe ID)
  2.  If you are copy and pasting your code, delete the last number and type it in - the button should no longer be greyed out
  3. Some individuals facing this issue are entering incorrect e-mail and/or password: please retry your credentials or attempt a reset
  4. Updated 5.26.23 1:55PM EST:  Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

We will post as soon as we have resolved the issues. 

UPDATE workaround for password reset 6:30 PM EST: if you successfully reset your password and get a confirmation email: you can exit and ignore the OTP page, go back to log in, clicking resend if you need a new OTP. 

UPDATE: 5/25/2023 6:30 PM EST: We're working on consolidating your feedback and are prioritizing a fix. Thank you for your patience over the next short while as we iron out launch kinks as fast as possible.

Learn more about EverSafe ID

Please note: I am not a CS Agent and can't provide 1:1 support.
I do not monitor my direct messages.
183 REPLIES 183

Th3Gassman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That sounds a bit like my problem.

Choosing a new password makes you ask for a 2-stage confirmation PIN again. If you misunderstand, you can end up choosing passwords over and over without realizing it. And locked out repeatedly, too, with no way to ask for support, about login difficulty, until AFTER you've logged in. Vicious circle.

AlienRenders
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It asked me for a new password and says I logged in, but the site no longer loads and says there was an error processing something. Then it said to go back to the previous page, but it just keeps erroring out.

When will the site be fixed? I can't access anything right now.

@magic57 if you use the web to login , and click Resend code, the option Send email might be there

magic57

If we are trying to log in through a PC, we do not see option of sending via email.  I solved it by downloading the mobile app android. It gives you an option by SMS or Email.

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@A_CX_PM 

Since a number  of us have contributed issues that need to be resolved. How about showing us a master list of issues that have been deemed as needing a fix and the current status???

cooleh19881

having the same problem, still cannot login.

@Reyn  did you check the inbox here?

I message support yesterday and I got a reply in an hour

Please submit ticket again with agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Reyn wrote:

It hasn't been fixed. I still can't get in and it's now June.

I'm more than annoyed and frustrated

@Reyn , if you tag the person your posting a message to (like I did to you) that person will see it 🙂

That’s a very long wait for services that you’ve paid for! 

How many days/weeks ago did you send a private message/submit a support ticket to CS_Agent if you’re refused help to have it fixed for you send another message & you should receive a different CS_Agent. Some are not so helpful. Sorry 😕 I know this is all very frustrating & tiresome. 

Reyn

I submitted a ticket. Nothing yet. 

Still no login

Reyn

How did you finally login?

Reyn

Switch to one of the other unfriendly providers. I guess most customers will have to jump ship. Maybe Telus wanted this

Reyn

Agreed. Can you use your account now that you are in? What about your phone?

Reyn

How are we as your customers supposed to access our accounts or agents if we can't use your website?

@Reyn- Are your services working? Have you tried using different browsers on different devices? Non-mobile and mobile? The web site log in or the app log in? What errors do you get or at what point does it seem to not continue? Did you go through the whole new system changeover?

Reyn

What if u can't get get in the website?

Reyn

It's now June. I still can't login. Any luck?

Reyn

It hasn't been fixed. I still can't get in and it's now June.

I'm more than annoyed and frustrated

Reyn

It's been three weeks now. Have u gotten in yet?

Reyn

Three weeks. Really? This is more than annoying and frustrating. 

I still can't get in to my account. I can't sign in. Is public mobile really helping? What's the deal? 

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Adding fund tab takes you to chatbot instead of being able to just add funds to your account.

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

When you try to login to your account the request to enter a 6-digit code but recieve only a 5-digit code.

@Michou1978   the account just not got linked to the Eversafe id.  Easy fix but you need to engage PM support.  Please message them:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Michou1978

Ever since I signed up with EverSafe I haven’t been able to access my account!!!! How am I supposed to pay for service if I cant log-in??

when will this be fixed it’s been over a week!!

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@2502 

1. Why can't you login?
  2. No service?
  3. No Sim card access?
  4. No email access?
  5. All of the above?

I am sorry but the issue is not fixed. 

@cooleh19881   issue is fix.  All you need to do is to open ticket with support

Please message them here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

cooleh19881

any news in regards to the fix, cannot logon to my account since the eversafe change

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@Korth_ 

Thank you for sharing your experience with our Community. You can access report phone lost inside the web version of your self-serve. Also, one of CSAs can support you with restoring your old Community account. 
I’ll be sure to share your feedback with the team. Thank you.

@Korth_ , when you login to your self serve account do you see an arrow to the lower left of the page? If so click there, then profile, scroll down, Report Lost/Stolen Phone on left. SIM Card Number on right, click the little pencil next to it. 
https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/change-sim-number

Edit: To add some have stated that using a computer/laptop with a browser in private/incognito mode works better when changing SIM #.

Need Help? Let's chat.