Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We want to hear from you: technical concerns, glitches, or bugs

A_CX_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: Thread Closed

We appreciate all your valuable feedback, in helping us identify crucial updates for our portals. The team is committed to addressing remaining issues. We ask you to contribute future feedback under our Get Support board to ensure posts are seen and responded to by our support members. Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Community Members, 

As you embrace the new way to experience mobility with Public Mobile, we want to know how your experience is, and if there are any issues you’ve encountered along the way. While we aim high, we know there’s room to grow. With your valuable feedback, we’ll keep innovating to deliver an even better experience. 

Use this thread to share any technical concerns, glitches, or bugs you've come across. Your valuable feedback will help our team identify and resolve issues effectively. 

Note: We will do our best to provide answers and updates to your questions. The team is working hard to share your feedback with our product teams to help resolve on-going issues. For support-related inquiries, please connect with our Oracles and Community experts for assistance. 

We'll be posting workarounds, updates and troubleshooting tips along the way.

Thank you,
Public Mobile Team

Please note: I am not a CS Agent and can't provide 1:1 support.
I do not monitor my direct messages.
398 REPLIES 398

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@SlickToxic 

Public  mobile has always had glitches....some good and some bad. But in the last 18 months or so with each update or overhaul of accounts and/or the community pm has managed to compound the glitches and problems. So unusual but it seems like it is now the norm?

SlickToxic
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thought to be Public customer for long time with good prices.Reading of many problems. Is this usual? This company how old?

@1962-garyk wrote:

as we cant open service tickets

i would like a call back from tech support

or i will be leaving p.m.

@1962-garyk ,

The chatbot/virtual assistant is broken but you can send a private message to a Customer Support Agent (CS_Agent) for help with your account. They don’t provide support over the phone, it is all done online!

You also can always ask for help here in the Community from other Customers & we are happy to try to help you in any way we are able to.

You can send a private message to a CS_Agent using the link: ->   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Customer Support Agents are available from:

• Monday to Sunday: 9 AM to 10 PM EST

A CS_Agent will respond back in your Community mailbox (envelope icon) at the top right of this page to the left of your community avatar on your computer or by clicking on your avatar on your device.

1962-garyk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

as we cant open service tickets

i would like a call back from tech support

or i will be leaving p.m.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

🙋‍🙋‍🙋‍

@J_PM wrote:

Did someone say "New Avatars" 💡- we've heard this request, and are working on even more updates in the near future 👨‍🔧

@J_PM , yahhhh, I love that! 🌹

@lauralilynelson wrote:

thanks i already submitted a ticket is there a way to get notifications when a private message is replied to? 

@lauralilynelson , please keep an eye on your Community mailbox for their reply. They will ask you verification questions to ensure the account is yours but it is for your own privacy & protection. Please update Us on the outcome. After this if fixed for you things should go smoothly. The 2FA if a pain but doable!

Edit: @lauralilynelson for notifications: 

Click on your avatar, My Settings, Preferences, Private Messenger, select Receive email notifications for new private messages then save it. Just don’t reply to that message in your email. Reply to it on here in your Community inbox instead.

lauralilynelson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thanks i already submitted a ticket is there a way to get notifications when a private message is replied to? 

@lauralilynelson wrote:

Thanks! Just signed up for public mobile a few hours ago and already regretting it my phone was working then got a notification saying esim isn’t installed and now i’m stuck on SOS mode and have no idea what the hell to do! wish i could go back in time and stick with Bell 🙈

@lauralilynelson , 

On no! I’m sorry. I know it’s frustrating!

You can send a private message to a CS_Agent using the link & ask for help with this. Please don’t give up yet!: ->   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Customer Support Agents are available from:

• Monday to Sunday: 9 AM to 10 PM EST

A CS_Agent will respond back in your Community mailbox (envelope icon) at the top right of this page to the left of your community avatar on your computer or by clicking on your avatar on your device.

lauralilynelson

Thanks! Just signed up for public mobile a few hours ago and already regretting it my phone was working then got a notification saying esim isn’t installed and now i’m stuck on SOS mode and have no idea what the hell to do! wish i could go back in time and stick with Bell 🙈

@lauralilynelson wrote:

how do we turn it off ?

@lauralilynelson , we can’t but we’re asking for the option to!

lauralilynelson

how do we turn it off ?

@LitlLdy wrote:

@J_PM , @A_CX_PM ,

• The 2-factor authentication feature can be turned on or off at any time. (This is an option many of Us would love to have at Public Mobile)

@A_CX_PM @J_PM   This is a feature we USED TO HAVE at PM and many would like to HAVE IT BACK!!!!

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM , @A_CX_PM ,

I am not sure which post I should make this suggestion in so please redirect it to the correct one if I post this in wrong one instead of deleting it. 🤗 

I know Telus offers the below with EverSafe (Hoping Public Mobile eventually will offer those written in the colour red 🙏🏼 )

As part of EverSafe, we offer

• 2-factor authentication to decrease the risk of unauthorized access for a more secure login, online shopping and phone number transfer experience
  • Distinctive identification and sign-in options like fingerprint and face recognition (This would be a great option to have at Public Mobile)
  • Notifications to increase your security and alert you of any login attempts
  • 24-hour monitoring systems dedicated to protecting your privacy

Get started with 2-factor authentication. Here’s how it works

• Your unique code will be sent to your My TELUS app (This would be a great option to have to the Public Mobile app)
  • Once you enter your code and log in, you can choose to trust that device so you won't be prompted on it again
  • You should only choose to trust your personal device and not a shared one

What is 2-factor authentication?

• 2-factor authentication is an additional security feature on top of your username and password. With 2-factor authentication enabled, you’ll be asked for a unique code when someone tries to log in to your account on a device that’s not recognized.
  • This ensures that only you can log in to your account, even if someone else has your password.
  • The 2-factor authentication feature can be turned on or off at any time. (This is an option many of Us would love to have at Public Mobile)

How does 2-factor authentication work?

1. When you or someone else tries to log in to your My TELUS account on a new device or browser, you’ll be asked to enter a 6-digit verification code
  2. This code will be sent to your My TELUS app on your phone (This would be a great option to have to the Public Mobile app)
  3. Once you enter the correct code and log in, you can choose to trust that device so you won’t be asked for a code again on that device or browser. This will keep things simple for you, and will also ensure that you’re still protected if you or someone else logs in on another device.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Conradrz 

I can't disagree with you.....but you can contact customer support by sending them a private message by clicking on the link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Conradrz

Most useless cutomer service ever no call center public pulled a dbl 78 payment whe i signed up and no way to contact any one basicly stole a extra 78 dollars on sign up with sim purchace terrible customer service non working useless a 5 year old create a better system

@J_PM- So the date in the account has been fiddled with again. It's now wrong in the other direction. All it needed was a simple little -1 tacked on to the last date. Or now, a +1 to the first date.

Did someone say "New Avatars" 💡- we've heard this request, and are working on even more updates in the near future 👨‍🔧

Priority

Where Is the 'Mobile App' Label when creating a post in the 'Get Support' Section? There is My Account, Payment, Phones, etc.. But still, no Mobile App label has been added?? Public Mobile Team, it's time for something different.. update the Labels. 🙏 Lol

On a side note of 'It's time for something different' I see the PM Agents got a new Profile Picture selection in the last few days, when do you think we will we see new Avatars for regular Community Members? 🙃

Priority

I can confirm thats been an issue since the beginning on my end as well. It will never remember my device. 

I made a whole post about it one month ago: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Remember-this-Device/td-p/1016526

Priority

Please update and include Plan details in the overview section of My Account, this has caused alot of unnecessary confusion lately. @J_PM 

Please read my full post regarding this below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Subscription-Overview/td-p/1023649 

GregStarla

Same here DDM69. I have checked the box over and over to say this is a trusted device so as to avoid having to get a code each time (2 factor authentication) and it keeps asking me for one each and every time I log in. Very frustrating. 

DDM69

I have checked off my trusted device each time I login and I still have to receive and input a security code. How do I bypass this annoyance?

@Ash33 

were you ever able to login since PM changed its login system to EverSafe?

Please open ticket with PM support by messaging them and they can resolve the issue quickly for you

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Ash33

I suddenly have  been having issues with logging in.  The page keep telling me that there is no account connected to my email address.  I know for a fact I am using the correct email and password.  I tried the reset password link and encountered the same problem.   This issue caused  me to be locked out of my account with no way to login for quite some time.  I was finally able to access my account through a separate device ( a laptop).  Please look into this issue as it's not maintainable to not have access to your account. Thanks!

NotAGolfLover

"The Community here that you posted is a forum that other customers can try to help.  Sometimes, we reply quicker than agents 🙂"

Good to know

thx!

@NotAGolfLover 

if you need CS agent's help, messaging them here is good enough (which I think you did already)

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

The Community here that you posted is a forum that other customers can try to help.  Sometimes, we reply quicker than agents 🙂

NotAGolfLover

I sent a pm but maybe i'm supposed to do it here?

This model of having your users do your UI testing is kind of sketchy.

Even your most basic constructions are incorrect.  Telling new users to contact "@cs_agent" When the address is actually just "cs_agent" is the most elementary part of User tools & information.

Oh, and as I was typing this. The survey request came up and when you choose Later, It takes you into it anyway!!

Who is running this place??

Screenshot_20230718_140740_Samsung Internet.jpg

GregStarla

MRxx , I had the same issue. I contacted customer service and explained it to them. I included screen scouts of the credit card statement, my charge records with Public Mobile. They resolved the issue by opening a ticket for me with billing. In about 3 weeks my credit card was refunded the erroneous second charge from Public Mobile. 
Best of luck. I hope you get your money back. 

Need Help? Let's chat.