Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Different Mobile Experience is Here!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hello Community, 

Get ready to experience Public Mobile differently.  

As a digital-first brand, we’re passionate about bringing subscribers ultimate flexibility and convenience at their fingertips. With exciting new upgrades made to benefit valued customers like you, here are some of the features you can look forward to:

Reliable 5G Network

Now you can upgrade to 5G and access premium wireless service on our award-winning national network. 

Shop 5G subscriptions 

Subscription Plans

Canada’s First 5G Subscription Phone Plans.

Your music, your shows, your groceries – now your phone. Subscribe in minutes with eSIM, choose the plan that suits you, and pay the same every month.

Shop all subscription plans

All Access App

With the Public Mobile app, you’re in control. 

Conveniently manage your account and find online solutions anytime you need.

Download the app

Get Rewarded

Earn Public Points™ simply by being a subscriber.

Public PointsTM are the rewards you earn simply by being a subscriber. Use your points towards lowering your monthly payments, purchasing add-ons, and more.

More on rewards

Learn more about what’s new

Find answers to any questions you have about these new offerings and through My Account, or the Public Mobile app.

J_PM_0-1684923383429.png

230 REPLIES 230

Friendly_joe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm happy to see plans as low as 24$ with decent data. 1gb is all I need.

free7reigns

Ya im overcharged now for 40 plan

how does it come to 50 dollars???

@Jaxon20211 you can submit your ticket by direct message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Jaxon20211
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello ur system seems to be down as I cannot submit a ticket. Also my wife and I came back as a customer and she cannot receive any 6 digits codes to verify anything, we keep getting the 404 error every time we try to login we need serious help and paid our money and now seems we have been abandoned

YOUFEI

Good!

Saskman

I agree whole heatedly.  It seems liek Public Mobile is "nerfing" the service they provide to certain existing clients to coerce us to upgrade to a different plan.  If you put in a ticket the only real answer you can get is "upgrade to a more expensive plan".

@Rose19  

Payment might have issue occassionally

open ticket by messaging support here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Rose19

Now I can't pay or contact anyone. Same card and info. Error message to submit a ticket. 

DFy

Add-ons now having expiration is super frustrating. A great feature which had set Public Mobile apart from other providers and was what made me join. I have elaborated on the issue in the informal petition.

There are many others in this thread that are unhappy about it too. [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]

@Michou1978  

Did you check the Community inbox for their reply?

But it has been too long.  Message them agian

Michou1978

My error message: Unauthorized access / Accès non autorisé

I’ve sent tickets on the issue and maybe this has gone on for about a month. Many clients in the community forum have same/similar complaints and the feedback is that you’re working on it.

@Michou1978  What error you got? were you not able to receive the 2FA code? or it is asking you for activation or enter sim card number after you login?

Michou1978

A different mobile experience, indeed! I used to be able to access my account and now I cannot! 
eversafe = neversafe

Maybe taking a step back would be best and create a system that works for your clients??!

HI @-LukeKD- 

you tried different browser? speed ok for me

-LukeKD-

Oh my... the website loads INCREDIBLY slow now. I don't often need to use it, but it's brutal! 
Any chance it'll be optimized or the coding be cleaned up (or whatever needs to happen)?

@lifehacks 

you can still login the site without the phone.

Depends if EverSafe Id was setup, these are what you can do to use Email to receive 2FA:

If you have already created an EverSafe id, you can ask the code to send to email instead
On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Resend code and then choose Send email

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

If you have not created an EverSafe id yet,  you won't be able complete the part to link your My Account with the EverSafe ID, that needs a working phone with a working PM sim using SMS.  (Sending the code to email would not be a choice until  EverSafe id is fully setup) 

Try these workarounds, it could bypass the SMS in linking My Account with EverSafe ID

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support and have them to help in this situation:

Private message CS agent at 
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lifehacks I'm not sure but the chat bot might not need 2fa ? Might get you in as far as switching phones or whatnot but I'm not sure, just an idea

lifehacks

Please let us know how can we login if we lost the phone with the new 2FA authentication. This is a serious security concern. Without the phone, cannot login to the site, cannot change to a different sim, cannot access to the bank and credit card... you are forcing people to change carrier

Pawprints1986

I'm with you in preferring the ability to swap, but I also love expandable/removable storage and self replaceable batteries. At least if the phone stops working you have your SD card with pics still intact and removable. And a battery can breathe new life into an otherwise still good device.

I'd rather do those things than trust a device to be fully waterproof. I'd get the one with the flawed seal lol

that's not cool to have to pay for every swap. Between carriers fair enough, but between devices on the same carrier, that's just rude lol

Deva

Yes happy to 

@Pawprints1986   I guess main reason is the dual sim capability.  Most phones now only have 1 physical sim and 1 eSIM.  So, now you can really make use of both "slots"

And trust me, phone manufacturers are pushing it.  Pushing for eSIM only device.   For technical reason, it is one less movable part, better waterproof, dustproof

for telecome, they LOVE it.  Every move from one phone to another is a $5 eSIM charge.  Most of them might give you free eSIM activation, but they charge $5 if you ever need to switch phone or deleted  eSIM profile by mistake

For me? I hate it.  I love the freeom to swap sim for another phone quickly.. easier to troubleshoot, easier to test new phones

Pawprints1986

Can I ask why people want esim? Are they not more vulnerable to hacks?

My devices are old enough to allow SD expandable storage, and all but 1 has removable battery lol, I'm not understanding the draw towards it

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think  you'll find that switching things  up to improve your product line  will help your business  and moving things around to a more visible location to make the product more saleable makes sense  ...what they do here or just moving things to a different spot for the sake of a new location just pisses customers off and may cost more in the end if a customer has to  use staff time to find out where the product has moved to .  It sounds like a good plan but it just wastes  every bodies time .

If 3g is going, so be it  ... how well PM helps their customers  make the switch smoothly   and at what price  will  tell the story as to their future in business .  

PMC_JB

Switching things up is part of business and also makes things seem different but actually aren't.

When you go to the grocery store and you see items maybe those items stay where they are for 2 weeks, a month, eventually they are moved around, it's a tactic to get you to buy what you normally wouldn't. Item A isn't in Isle C anymore so you travel to Isle A and then you'll find Item A and it happens to be with Item E and you might be like "oh what's this?" More money spent, more profit made. At the checkout there's even more stuff before you even get to buy what you came for, so you might buy what's there. Even more money spent and even more profit made.

Proxima
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

all of Canada is getting ready to phase out 3G. not just Public. 

terrybev
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I did not get that option

terrybev

I am quite happy with my 35 a month 3g plan, and the original rewards plan.  I have no desire to switch to 4g or 5 g or anything else. I don't like change. As soon as you get used to the change, they switch it up. I no longer recommend my friends to this. I am pensioner so it confuses me when there are so many changes. If they phase out the 3 g I will have to move else where. I have been a happy customer for many years, 

terrybev

I totally agree, I do not like this change, it is confusing. I like the old days. Why do you have to change things up, we just become used to the change and then you switch it up. Maybe I will switch it up, just  saying, I am elderly and it is hard for me to keep adjusting

@Spuggety 

Signing up is  easier now.  You can activate both online or using new Public Mobile app

PM now offers 3G/4G/5G plans for different budgets

PM's $39 plan (90 days price) is one of the best anoijg carriers 

eSIm is supported now for new activation and expected to roll out for existing subscribers as well

Spuggety

Thanks for the response 

Need Help? Let's chat.