Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled System Maintenance| May 23-24

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We wanted to give everyone a heads up that Activation Portal, My Account, Rewards, Community and parts of the website will not be available during the following maintenance window:

Maintenance window:  May 23 10:00PM ET – May 24  07:00AM ET

• Auto Top-up customers will not be impacted by scheduled maintenance.  
  • IVR will be available - if you have a registered credit card, you can also make a payment through our automated phone service by dialing *611. 

During this time, you will be unable to:

• Activate your SIM card. If you try to activate your SIM card during the maintenance period, you will receive an error message. We recommended returning after the maintenance window. 
  • Submit a ticket to the Customer Support Team through SIMon or Community. 

Once splash pages are down, please return to activate or access My Account once maintenance is complete.

Thank you for your patience! 

• Public Mobile Team

19 REPLIES 19

Nazy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for letting us now, also will be a goof way to get a SMS or email on phone about these stuff

@J_PM , I will share it to your new post! This is very frustrating!

@LitlLdy We'll have a feedback post going shortly. Please share screenshots and any other strange behaviour you experience. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM, I love the new colours & design! I have a strange E symbol & other symbols when typing & reading though!

The app works!

I see 5G plans added with the 4G plans & 90 plans but the 3G plans are gone?

1 sign-in for everything now!

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Here's hoping!🥂

9:58 EST and My Account is down already.   Let's hope we wake up tomorrow with more good plans and good features!!!

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Not really. Last week Self-Serve was down 3 mornings in a row from about 12 am to 6 am, without any notice. And I have noticed many more unannounced maintenance (6-8 times) over the past couple of months.

@pm-smayer97 , yes my experience also along with many other Customers on here who have created posts about not being able to sign on to their “My Account” (that says down for maintenance or similar) to make payments or anything else there in that time frame! This is not every night so no way of knowing when it will happen! It would be nice if it at least stated on the “My Account “ sign in page that it is down for maintenance before trying to sign in!

@XionBunny wrote:

To clarify: I only spoke from personal experience and the experience of others in this community as of lately that seemed to be the case, I have no insight into the inner workings of this company nor do I ever claim to, period, everyone's experience differs.

My knowledge is not just based on experience but on direct factual information obtained directly from PM.

@XionBunny wrote:

They have automatic nightly maintenance after midnight in that time frame, no one expects them to announce that every time, what matters is they do announce the ones that are out of the normal time frame, which this one is and is also not related to their normal nightly schedule.

That is completely inaccurate. I do not like when people make up stuff. They do not have nightly maintenance, at least none that interferes with access to Self-Serve. And yes, they should announce late night maintenance and some people are up doing their business late at night, like myself.

I know, because I go into Self-Serve frequently, and mostly at night. In the past, I have also spoken with PM techs and they have informed me of their system schedules.

XionBunny

They have automatic nightly maintenance after midnight in that time frame, no one expects them to announce that every time, what matters is they do announce the ones that are out of the normal time frame, which this one is and is also not related to their normal nightly schedule.

To clarify: I only spoke from personal experience and the experience of others in this community as of lately that seemed to be the case, I have no insight into the inner workings of this company nor do I ever claim to, period, everyone's experience differs.

@XionBunny wrote:

thanks for the heads up on the maintenance window, the communication on issues has been much better as of late we all appreciate this.

Not really. Last week Self-Serve was down 3 mornings in a row from about 12 am to 6 am, without any notice. And I have noticed many more unannounced maintenance (6-8 times) over the past couple of months.

XionBunny

thanks for the heads up on the maintenance window, the communication on issues has been much better as of late we all appreciate this.

@J_PM wrote:

Auto Top Up

ohhh, thank you! I got all kinds of confusing info when I googled it! 🤣

Edit: You changed the wording 😊 🤗

Patchio
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pm-smayer97 and @esjliv 

Based on this previous post, the ATU acronym seems to stand for "Automatic Top-Ups", so customers with Auto-pay turned ON should NOT be impacted by the scheduled maintenance. 

Edit to add: I didn't see that a response had been posted before I posted my own reply to the ATU acronym. I'm not trying to repeat what has already been stated and thread crap. I simply type too slowly and take too long before I finally hit the Post button. 

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Auto Top Up

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

What is ATU?

I was going to ask the same thing @pm-smayer97 

thanks @J_PM   for the head up

Hi @pm-smayer97   i wonder if ATU is Amalgamated Transit Union

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

What is ATU?

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM , thank you, I really appreciate that you’re informing us ahead of time.

Need Help? Let's chat.