Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Different Mobile Experience is Here!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hello Community, 

Get ready to experience Public Mobile differently.  

As a digital-first brand, we’re passionate about bringing subscribers ultimate flexibility and convenience at their fingertips. With exciting new upgrades made to benefit valued customers like you, here are some of the features you can look forward to:

Reliable 5G Network

Now you can upgrade to 5G and access premium wireless service on our award-winning national network. 

Shop 5G subscriptions 

Subscription Plans

Canada’s First 5G Subscription Phone Plans.

Your music, your shows, your groceries – now your phone. Subscribe in minutes with eSIM, choose the plan that suits you, and pay the same every month.

Shop all subscription plans

All Access App

With the Public Mobile app, you’re in control. 

Conveniently manage your account and find online solutions anytime you need.

Download the app

Get Rewarded

Earn Public Points™ simply by being a subscriber.

Public PointsTM are the rewards you earn simply by being a subscriber. Use your points towards lowering your monthly payments, purchasing add-ons, and more.

More on rewards

Learn more about what’s new

Find answers to any questions you have about these new offerings and through My Account, or the Public Mobile app.

J_PM_0-1684923383429.png

230 REPLIES 230

@esjliv look like Eversafe is the single Sign-on mechanism here, no way to skip it.  Good in the sense that it is true one login for both My Account and Community.  I wonder how people without a subscription yet will do?  I guess still have the create the Eversafe/My Account but no Subscription there? 

And people can no longer to change Community email to match another My Account to give the Community rewards to their secondary account?  

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@esjliv you'll probably see a lot of those posts today at least, since no email mentioning the new account setup has been sent as of yet.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Login and create new EverSafe details .. we have to create a new profile on our accounts? 🤔

I am not very far yet, but hoping this all comes together in a nice package....🤞

@J_PM will an email and/or texts be sent to Public Mobile customers about this change, so they can proceed to update things? I'd hate to see the community bombarded with 'what is going on?' posts.

@Michael6666 they could have removed it.  If you go to plan change pagez does it show scheduled plan change? *f not, message support to confirm 

XionBunny

it should still apply, keep an eye on it.

Michael6666
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I agree, but I had the scheduled plan change as at June 6. I don't think they historically removed plans that had been selected

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Whoa, this surprised me this morning. I find the new look is reminiscent of the older Public Mobile look.

Haven't checked out things yet...but, here is to improvement and enhancements! 🎆

XionBunny

@Michael6666 that plan is no longer available it seems, sorry to say, however, if you already made the change on the next renewal it should still apply, it's just not there for new selections.

Michael6666
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had a planned change to the 30$ 3gb plan on June 6 but no longer see it in my account.

Did I lose it? 

XionBunny

@LitlLdy They have to offer those plans though, CRTC regulations state they do, so if anything this is just an oversight.

@softech wrote:

@XionBunny $15 and $25 seems to be the only 3G plans still offering.  You can see them in My Account Change plan page

On PM's plan page, they only only focusing on 5Gnanf 4G plans.

@J_PM shouldn't the main PM plan shows all plans PM has? Some people still looking for the low end plans. If they don't see it, they might think PM is no longer offering them and they will go to the competitors instead 

@softech, I believe it was a big mistake removing them , especially by not replacing them with something affordable under 4G Plans! What do I know though, maybe people with higher incomes matter more & sending lower income Customers else where since they can no longer sign up for them!

@XionBunny $15 and $25 seems to be the only 3G plans still offering.  You can see them in My Account Change plan page

On PM's plan page, they only only focusing on 5Gnanf 4G plans.

@J_PM shouldn't the main PM plan shows all plans PM has? Some people still looking for the low end plans. If they don't see it, they might think PM is no longer offering them and they will go to the competitors instead 

@J_PM wrote:

@LitlLdy our technical teams are working on correcting the symbols. Only happening on Mobile right now, desktop hasn't been impacted. 

@J_PM , thanks! Getting very frustrated!

XionBunny

well, that explains why I don't see that issue then, can you confirm btw that the throttled data only applies to the new 5g plans that launched? I honestly find all the wording confusing.

@LitlLdy our technical teams are working on correcting the symbols. Only happening on Mobile right now, desktop hasn't been impacted. 

@J_PM 

Here are some of my findings:

I do like the $39 promo plan that matches the competors and also the $135 90-day plan.  I do find that the 5G plans are a tad on expensive side and am disappointed that unlimted data only appears to be a valid offering for 5G speed plans.

I am very concerend about the Eversafe 2FA.  When loading hte Public Mobile app, it gives the option to skip choosing a new password.  However, if you try to skiip it, the app forces the users to perform those steps anyway.  I''ve also noticed that to log into Conmmunity, it now forces me to use my Eversafe login and sends me the 2FA code to my phone.  If the custoemr is having problems with the service, how would the customer even be able to log in to get help?  

Self Serve wise, I'm happy that the the flaw with city names not being accepted has been fixed and that a proper address database is now being used.  However, I am shocked that if a credit card is saved to the account, pre-uathorized payment now appers to be mandatory,  with no obvious way to removed a credit, nor to even turn off pre-authorized payments (other than to contact a CSA).  I realize that this could possibly be a business decision, but I suspect that Public Mobile is going to receive quite a bit poor feedback when it come to this aspect.  I've also noticed that the Overview section still has incorrect dates for plan duration.

When it comes to one login for Community, Self Serve, and My Rewards, I ddid noticed that when using Self Serve in a web browser, trying to access the rewards area asked me to log in again.

When it comes to new activations, customers who want the $15 or $25 plan need to choose a differtent plan and after choosing a login and password for Public Mobile will need to use the Change Subscription option to choose the desired plan.  I find that word around to be unnecessarily confusing.

Customers aren't going to like the $5 activation fee for using an eSIM.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Congratulations @J_PM on a successful deployment

and great news for customers, new features, jewnapp, new plans!!!

XionBunny

I'm trying to figure out where those plans are as well, in another thread softech says they are still there but I don't see them at all either.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM, I love the new colours & design! I have a strange E symbol & other odd symbols when typing & reading though which takes me 3 times as long to type now!  😡

The app works!

I see 5G plans added with the 4G plans & 90 plans but the 3G plans are gone?

1 sign-in for everything now!

Edit: I thought there was going to be eSIM but I don't see it!

IMG_0045.jpeg

XionBunny

I retract that, apparently the cheaper plans are hidden, all in all impressive changes, looking forward to the future.

Need Help? Let's chat.