cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community sign in

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is anyone else having/had problems signing into their community account today? 

So I manage to sign into My Account and do the required (unnecessary) password change to access the account to see what has changed with this latest update and then try to access the community account and instead I'm directed to create a community account.   Of course, I type in my regular community name and I'm told that username is already taken?!!   

After a few more attempts retrying and going around in circles (yes doing incognito etc) try to submit a ticket and what do you know...I'm unable to submit a ticket because I don't have (apparently) a community username/account to be able to do so.   After several more frustrating attempts, I create a new username so that I can actually submit a ticket to support to get access to my regular community account and, hopefully, retrieve my username! 

Of course, now I'm waiting for a response which I'm assuming is not going to be quick and as I'm sure with the updates there are probably many tickets ahead of mine.   To say I'm a little frustrated right now would be putting it mildly!!  So far not impressed with this updated rollout.

Also what's with this weird very long lag time between typing and seeing it onscreen...

47 REPLIES 47

5Gcauses1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ya, should do that, thanks.

@5Gcauses1    Did you manage to recover your username yet?   If not, you need to contact support again as they need to verify some account details to ensure they're re-linking the correct accounts.

5Gcauses1

@Anonymous Yo tell the higher ups I need help too

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LitlLdy   Lol...will do, or maybe I should keep my bonkers username...hmm 🤔 😂

edit:  BTW, we can update our email and username by ourselves now...so some good updates too..

post on behalf of @dabr

hTideGnow_0-1684967629922.png

@Anonymous , they should have known the outcome without testing it all 1st! Don’t forget to come back here with @dabr saying I’m back 👋 when you get it back! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech   I've been getting all the notifications (inc. new badges) and now have to find where to turn them off.  I'd forgotten how annoying they can be..  edit:  you don't see your avatar either?  that's strange, lol

@hTideGnow   Yeah, I think it's going to be a very busy few days for CSA's !

@hTideGnow wrote:

thanks @LitlLdy But you just give out the answer like this? LoL

Oh no, how can I miss my buddy!!!

@Anonymous / @dabr what you did wrong for PM to ban you. (sorry, just joking)

@hTideGnow , awww sorry! I ruined your guessing game! 🤣 I wasn’t thinking! 

HI @Anonymous yes, it is a crazy day today, 

see how many posts and how many replies.  I think today's number is the total of the whole April's 

@Anonymous 

And to make you feel better,  I lost something today too (although not magnitude like yours)

I lost my notification/pop up alert for bravos

and I lost my "My Profile" from my Avatar.  

Maybe I lost more but I just didn't check the "Lost & Found" yet  🤣

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech   Lol...😁

Welcome back @Anonymous  (should I use "back", you are not really back yet  😅)

and honest, I would make the same guesses looking at the username.  This username is not very dabr-like

@Anonymous wrote:

@hTideGnow   I was very frustrated when I had to choose a new username and went with how I felt about this ridiculous situation...lol

@Anonymous , yup & I completely agreed with this choice! A few lost their names today!

Kinda like having a multiple personality at the moment! 😩

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow   I was very frustrated when I had to choose a new username and went with how I felt about this ridiculous situation...lol

thanks @LitlLdy But you just give out the answer like this? LoL

Oh no, how can I miss my buddy!!!

@Anonymous / @dabr what you did wrong for PM to ban you. (sorry, just joking)

@Anonymous wrote:

@hTideGnow   Nope...

edit:  I did reveal my username earlier though..

Dabr 😉 😬

@Anonymous wrote:

@hTideGnow   Nope...

HI @Anonymous I missed it!!

so, you are the travel buddy of that black cat vancouver lady?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow   Nope...

HI @Anonymous 

you are a lady in Vancouver with black cat managing many accounts?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow   No guesses? 🤔

HI @LitlLdy but it could be fun to guess who this new username is.  🤣

@Anonymous wrote:

@LitlLdy   Lol...yeah, I'm hoping they'll be able to restore those accounts and usernames soon now that it's been escalated.  It could also affect rewards from this month too I'm thinking..

Does anyone know what the Share button is for...oh nvd I guess you can share the post quickly without having to link it from the profile..

@Anonymous , it bothers me also due to the fact that I like seeing the long time regulars user names! I don’t feel so lost! Plus even new Customers see who's been here so long (we’ve been there/done that)! We’re one big dysfunctional family! 🤣 Sometimes we get along & sometimes we’re grumpy but we get it! We still help each other through it all! 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LitlLdy   Lol...yeah, I'm hoping they'll be able to restore those accounts and usernames soon now that it's been escalated.  It could also affect rewards from this month too I'm thinking..

Does anyone know what the Share button is for...oh nvd I guess you can share the post quickly without having to link it from the profile..

@Anonymous wrote:

I've just received a message that my issue has been escalated higher up the chain.  Hopefully, it won't too long before they figure this out but could be a while, I guess...

@softech   My email for this account has no special characters so I don't think it's email related.

@Anonymous , hopefully you get your name back! For some of us it is part of our identity 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just received a message that my issue has been escalated higher up the chain.  Hopefully, it won't too long before they figure this out but could be a while, I guess...

@softech   My email for this account has no special characters so I don't think it's email related.

@will13am   and your email has no special charcter?

@softech wrote:

I cannot claim back my account because the nickname is already in use

@will13am 

isn't it  more the other way around, I think, the email login is tir to My Account, and the link to Community simply by nickname (and in your case the nickname link is gone somehow) 

So, on a cookieless browser, can you just try to login to My account  and see if it works??

or you can login with your email on Community??

If it was as simple as logging in, I would not be here stuck with other customers having the same problem.  The transition to the new sign on has been fine.  I have been able to create a new password and get into the online account.  Either from within the online account or sign on into the community, I get to the same spot, I am signed in and requested to provide a nickname as if I am creating a brand new community account.  I cannot use my current nickname to "reclaim" my account.  I get the error that nickname is already in use, here is a suggestion.  I can only surmise that somehow my email address is no longer associated with my existing community account.  I have gone into my community settings and I see the email address in the eversafe ID info tab.  If I select manager eversafe ID, I end up with this.  This is why I surmise that my email address is not really associated with my community account anymore even though the email shows as associated in eversafe ID info tab.  Something glitched along the way and I am guessing that it is not a universal impact but affects selected accounts.  That is why we have select members here looking for a solution.  

Untitled 2.png

I cannot claim back my account because the nickname is already in use

@will13am 

isn't it  more the other way around, I think, the email login is tir to My Account, and the link to Community simply by nickname (and in your case the nickname link is gone somehow) 

So, on a cookieless browser, can you just try to login to My account  and see if it works??

or you can login with your email on Community??

5Gcauses1

IMG_0588.jpeg

IMG_0586.png

 So this is what people would be seeing using the chatbot's appropriate menu's. Why do I have to reset my passwords for either? I'm starting to assume they should have been merged if they were the same email for both account and community. Original username 5Gcauses fyi, also, how do I go about explaining this?  edit edit: I leaked my email address please don't do anything to me 😞

Need Help? Let's chat.