cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor rollout of new site and eversafe security

Bubba_not_happy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How did this rollout proceed without proper proper beta testing?
So many things wrong with this rollout that have already been detailed by others.

Why wasn't  a temporary customer service number set up for those unable to access their accounts and community due to all the glitches.

Public could have engaged some Telus and koodo Customer service reps for maybe a month to assist anyone unable to connect though the regular channels.

I know Public is the bottom tier Telus provider, but this is no excuse for this horrible customer service experience.

I had to create a new community account be able to communicate here and not jeopardize my existing account with any new potential glitches.

We didn't even receive an announcement on the day of the rollout.  Luckily I follow tech news sites that alerted me to the change.

8 REPLIES 8

Bubba_not_happy

@esjliv 
@hTideGnow 

Thanks, I did reach out to an agent yesterday and my two community accounts were reset.

I hadn't created new usernames. Instead I created this one to access the community. After contacting the agent he told me to create the community accounts with the new usernames. It added a "1" to my current usernames. I responded back to the agent here with all the pertinent information and he reset everything.

Everything is set up correctly now. I have to say it makes for a more cohesive experience going from MyAccount to the Community. No issues with the layouts. Everything is clear and accessible.

I will keep this username as a back up, but will stop using it to post.

This rollout would not have been such a mess if the 2FA wasn't only limited to the phone number on the first access. Having the email option as well at the start would eliminated most of the problems.

I never received any emails about this change on a post I saw that may have had some impact on this process.
"Protect Your Community Rewards | Link Your Community Account and My Account"

Good luck to everyone dealing with the fallout of this rollout!

Bubba_not_happy

Thanks for the tip on rejected posts!  I think it didn't like a link I included.

@Bubba_not_happy wrote:

@esjliv@hTideGnowThanks, I did contact a CSA and got everything sorted out. Restored my original usernames.

Weird, I just typed a long response to you guys and it disappeared.  Anyway, all good now.  I will keep this username just in case, but won't be posting with it going forward.

@Bubba_not_happy great. If you are going back to your original member name, than this one will go into the Anonymous category.

Check here for any rejected posts. It is odd what sometimes goes here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/premod/moderationitemspage/tab/rejected:forum

Bubba_not_happy

@esjliv@hTideGnowThanks, I did contact a CSA and got everything sorted out. Restored my original usernames.

Weird, I just typed a long response to you guys and it disappeared.  Anyway, all good now.  I will keep this username just in case, but won't be posting with it going forward.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Bubba_not_happy - if you want your old Community Account back submit a ticket to CSA to get it back. Note, you will lose access and everything from "Bubba_not_happy"'s account.

HI @Dunkman   you guys should be involved with testing

HI @Bubba_not_happy   you submitted ticket with agent yet ?  They can probably help you to get back the account, but it might take a bit long  😞

Yes, I think at least PM should post an announcement ahead so we know what to expect. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Bubba_not_happy 

Public mobile did make some new, exciting changes (5G, App)  However, you are correct.  Definitely some significant issues for customers. Public mobile team is separate from Koodo and Telus. Phone customer service is NOT available for PM customers. I did receive an email late this week about the changes at Public mobile. 

Not sure about beta testing.  In the past, the oracle team was involved with beta testing, but in this most recent improvements, we were not involved.  We found out the night before the roll out.  

Public mobile team is small in number, but working hard to fix these issues.  Keep an eye on the announcement page for updates for the issues. 

Need Help? Let's chat.