Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We want to hear from you: technical concerns, glitches, or bugs

A_CX_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: Thread Closed

We appreciate all your valuable feedback, in helping us identify crucial updates for our portals. The team is committed to addressing remaining issues. We ask you to contribute future feedback under our Get Support board to ensure posts are seen and responded to by our support members. Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Community Members, 

As you embrace the new way to experience mobility with Public Mobile, we want to know how your experience is, and if there are any issues you’ve encountered along the way. While we aim high, we know there’s room to grow. With your valuable feedback, we’ll keep innovating to deliver an even better experience. 

Use this thread to share any technical concerns, glitches, or bugs you've come across. Your valuable feedback will help our team identify and resolve issues effectively. 

Note: We will do our best to provide answers and updates to your questions. The team is working hard to share your feedback with our product teams to help resolve on-going issues. For support-related inquiries, please connect with our Oracles and Community experts for assistance. 

We'll be posting workarounds, updates and troubleshooting tips along the way.

Thank you,
Public Mobile Team

Please note: I am not a CS Agent and can't provide 1:1 support.
I do not monitor my direct messages.
398 REPLIES 398

OpaD1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I did (well direct message to CS_Agent as I don't have "full My Account access") but currently get the run-around there (canned responses how to change phone number....). 
I keep you posted.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@OpaD1    You'll need to submit a ticket to customer support to get this sorted via chatbot here:  https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

OpaD1

not helping much but if you get over the first hump of getting the text you could change the phone number in EverSafe system to any phone number: https://eversafe.id.telus.com/user/selfservemenu (must login first, can also be reached via My Account > Profile > EverSafe. )

again you still need to get the first SMS code for the number on file within 2min. 

Let's cross fingers that PM/Telus change this. 

OpaD1

sign up for new account (with new Phone number) with an Email which was used for an expired account (6month already expired. 9m without payment on it)

But somehow the EverSafe systems remembers that old number. Now I can't access my new Account as I don't have access to that old Phone number/can't get SMS for that number. 

Message after login: 

We’ve noticed you have an active Public Mobile service and would like to confirm your full access.
A 6 digit code associated with your EverSafe ID will be sent to phone number . We will need you to confirm this number.

@will13am wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@umnikke8 wrote:

@hycm53 you can get email and voice code options if you click on resend

only SMS and voice call here.

I help manage a couple accounts where I don't have access to the phone (and definitely not in that 2 minute timeframe, but I can log into the according e-mail account... There is no way for me to help these people anymore. Frustrating!

More work for you but you still can manage multiple accounts but each with their own community account.  For those online accounts without a community account, you can create one starting from the online account.  Just click on the community link and follow the prompts.  A major revamp to the back end might have been needed but this rollout was in sore need of a single login for multiple lines.  

No, I'm not stupid - this is not about community accounts (which we technically don't have anymore). It's about the reality that original access to the account through the new system can only be done with the code sent via SMS to the phone number linked to the account - I can't get into their account because I can't set up a profile since I don't have access to the SIM card.

The whole reason for me helping managing those accounts is that I have set up those accounts for profoundly technically challenged people in a "wireless home phone box", they can handle the phone concept only, you'll get a blank stare if you start talking about SMS and SIM cards. They are not even close to "local" - the main reason for me to need remote access to their account via an email with shared access.

porcupine
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

dropped calls are coming daily something has changed

hardingsa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I went to check to see what my sons data usage was and on the website it comes up with NAN and no data is recorded. I looked at my daughters account as well and it is the same. They are both on the $25 plan for 1GB. Is there anyway this can be fixed? Please let me know.

@Anonymous wrote:

I've noticed that you cannot add or switch your current subscription to an E-SIM (even if you try changing it.) On your current account, however E SIM isn't available for My Account. 

Hopefully that's resolved soon. 

@Anonymous ,

Transfer from SIM Card to eSIM

The response I received from a CSA,

“We apologize if some of the steps to complete certain action are not functioning to the optimal capacity right now. We are launching this new release of operation & by experience there are going to be certain aspect of process which may not work. This happens with new release of technology to a system.

As I was writing this to you, I inquired to the moderator of the release & she said that in fact the esim are only available for new activation for the moment on the APP. Sorry that we do not have it available for you at the moment.

Again, this is a new release & upgrades are still coming & hopefully the esim will be available for existing clients very soon.”

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've noticed that you cannot add or switch your current subscription to an E-SIM (even if you try changing it.) On your current account, however E SIM isn't available for My Account. 

Hopefully that's resolved soon. 

PBForMe1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@selmak wrote:

@Korth this one worked for me
i wish there is a way to link old community ids to the accounts

Just to let @Korth and everyone else know, @selmak has found a work around if you don't have sim access for the inital EverSafe ID creation: reset your password, then it'll allow you to create your EverSafe ID and subsrequent logins will allow EMAIL verifcation.

Thanks again @selmak !

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/How-to-create-a-Telus-Eversafe-ID-if-you-...

selmak

@Korth this one worked for me
i wish there is a way to link old community ids to the accounts

Moon_mack

Thanks, I’ve clicked the Bravo on that post now.

OpaD1
  • new activation can only be completed in app (not via pure Web Browser) anymore
  • new activation payment failed. (Web Browser)
    • Error details only via Browser F12 Developer Tools, please show them on the page so we know what could be wrong
    • Was due to CC expiry date auto-fill by Chrome (to the eye the date looked correct but I guess the autofill was different then manual fill)
    • Message via F12 trace was: 
DEBUG_MESSAGE: Invalid expiry format
ERROR_CODE: 201
APPROVED: false
ERROR_MESSAGE: C201_INVALID_CREDIT_CARD_EXPIRY_DATE

• get old Community account back (if email was different) 
  • Data-add on expiry 
  • Plan in the sweet spot (like $30 for 3GB)

Thank you for surfacing this issue. We see others are faced with the same experience and have taken this away with the team.  

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@aj21 Thank you for sharing. The team is currently working through an investigation for new community accounts generated. Bravo this post and we'll track your info. Thank you!

Thank you for sharing. This issue has been passed along to the team for investigation and resolution. 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@PBForMe1 

Then I hope Public Mobile fixes this thing they broke in a fairly prompt manner.

Before they lose a customer. I will need my phone number active in the near future for work. If I can't get it working again through Public Mobile then my only viable option is to port it out to another provider.

PBForMe1

@Korth wrote:

@A_CX_PM 

Cannot login to Self-Serve, where I'd like to change my phone status to lost/stolen. Because Self-Serve is forcing 2FA to be sent to my phone (which I don't have). There is no longer an option to send 2FA to email. Very frustrating that details related to account access were changed without any advance notice.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Lost-phone-sign-in-2FA-problems/m-p/98516...

Unfortunately you are locked out until they fix it, I contacted support and there's nothing even they can do to let you gain access to your account again if you don't have sim access and didn't migrate to the new EverSafe system it'll never let you verify by EMAIL.

@softech wrote:

have you created a EverSafe ID yet?  If you did, then you can have the code send to your email, just click Resend Code and they will give you the optionE_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

HOWEVER, if you have not created an EverSafe ID and in the process of creating it, then you cannot as it needs to send to your phone to link your phone number to the ID.  Please message PM support instead

I have not created an EverSafe ID. I was unaware of this requirement, I saw no announcements and received no emails about it from Public Mobile. The Telus EverSafe site does not let me login or create an account, of course, it's meant for Telus customers.

I had (still have) 2FA enabled in Self-Serve, it would always ask me whether to send the 2FA code via SMS or via email.

Until last night. After PM's grand site upgrade was finished. It automatically sends a 2FA code via SMS. My only options are to enter the code or to Resend code (via SMS) again. There is nothing in my email (or in any of the spam folders/etc) from Public Mobile.

Screenshot (59).png

PBForMe1

@selmak wrote:

can i please have my accoutns back
my daughter's sim is outside country because somebody took her phone by mistake instead of theirs and we still idn't get it years later, i don't want to lose her account but i can't access it to pay
why don't they link them right away

They really need to post a sticky about this issue man, it's a big deal. 

PBForMe1

@softech wrote:

HOWEVER, if you have not created an EverSafe ID and in the process of creating it, then you cannot as it needs to send to your phone to link your phone number to the ID.  Please message PM support instead

There's no point messaging support, they can't do anything about it as I've already contacted them and they've told me they've escalated the issue.

@Korth   you lost your phone?

have you created a EverSafe ID yet?  If you did, then you can have the code send to your email, just click Resend Code and they will give you the option

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@A_CX_PM 

Cannot login to Self-Serve, where I'd like to change my phone status to lost/stolen. Because Self-Serve is forcing 2FA to be sent to my phone (which I don't have). There is no longer an option to send 2FA to email. Very frustrating that details related to account access were changed without any advance notice.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Lost-phone-sign-in-2FA-problems/m-p/98516...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Moon_mack    Yes, there all sorts of glitches since PM did an overhaul and linked community and phone accounts a couple of days ago.  Others have also had to create a new community username because of this glitch and management is aware and working on a fix. 

You might want to read the following post by J_PM where and give it a bravo as it will allow PM to match and restore the community accounts affected by this:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/New-Community-Account-Created-After-Eve...

netanelg

The "CHANGE SUBSCRIPTION" page is not loading, and after some time, dropping to the login page

netanelg_0-1685036841729.png

Moon_mack
  • I have multiple accounts with Public Mobile.  One is for a pendant that you press the single button to call home.  It is intended for old people with memory problems, but we use it for our kids (giving them a quarter for a pay phone isn't really reliable anymore).  I can't log into my account to check funds or pay since the pendant doesn't receive text messages (other than for internal configuration).  You can call the pendant, but only for approved numbers (there are three numbers set up that can call in, or the pendant can call out).  How do I restore access to this account.  I could move the SIM to another phone, but this requires a screwdriver to remove (and insert) the micro SIM, which is not really ideal.
  • I had to change my community name since it said my existing name was already taken.  Is there a way to merge these two names, preferably with the old one being shown?  Is there a way to access my old messages under my old community name?
  • I like some of the changes, but I'm really not a fan of the 30 day limit for data add-ons.  Sometimes I need a little more data in a month (eg. 50-100 MB) and I don't want to pay full price for a 200MB or 1GB add-on plan that I can only use a little bit of.  Moving up to a more expensive plan with more data has the same problem.
  • I don't see where the certified previously owned phones are listed.  When I click the link I get a 404 with a report that it should be back soon (but I'm guessing this page won't be back soon?)
  • I like the option for 5G, but my commute home goes through a dead area in the Telus network.  I have locked the phone to 3G, which has better coverage in this area.  I'm wondering how much longer this solution will work.  Incidentally, I also don't seem to get emergency wild fire announcements, but my wife's public mobile phone does (we were sitting in the car right next to each other).  I understand this is also a result of the 3G / 4G & 5G difference.

lucask

Clicking "Sign-on" does not bring me to a page to enter my credentials. I cannot sign on to Self-serve because it doesn't open the correct page. I think this is a website problem.

gb23

I am also having this issue. (I would've quoted but can't find a way to do so.) I'm being forced to create a nickname so I've just created a temporary account instead to get help. Though from what I've read I guess there's nothing to do but wait.

selmak

can i please have my accoutns back
my daughter's sim is outside country because somebody took her phone by mistake instead of theirs and we still idn't get it years later, i don't want to lose her account but i can't access it to pay
why don't they link them right away

@selmak wrote:

why the new system doesn't have email option for 2fa?

You need click "resend" icon, then will have email, text, voice mail options to choose.

Need Help? Let's chat.