cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my account status say "Plan Expired"?

francesdamico
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I keep my existing plan and features?

12 REPLIES 12

softech
Oracle
Oracle

I agree with @darlicious  that  @0PX9O4 choice of word "Bug" is inaccurate.   It is not the most descriptive word PM could have used, but it is not a bug.  It is part of the normal renewal process

Sorry, i was posting someone's Friend Referral code again.. @Luddite , can we get that "bug" fixed as well? LoL

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Dgraziani 

I'm going to clarify why I don't consider it a bug but more of shortcoming or as they say pm is killing two birds with one stone.

When a customers account starts the renewal process the status goes from active to expired which is what is occurring to the 30 day plan. This starts about 6 hours before midnight eastern.  The suspended warning is displayed for accounts that will be suspended about 12 hours later (if renewals run on time).

At midnight eastern your new 30 day plan renews and any text, minute or data counters reset. At 2am eastern on a renewal that is not system delayed payment is debited from accounts and/or the autopay card is charged and the transaction history is updated to reflect a new 30 day plan has been started and paid.

After this occurs the renewal allows a 4 hour grace period for customers to manually top up their account balances and force the system (by suspending and resuming service via lost/stolen) to take payment for their plan amount if autopay failed or a customer not on autopay missed topping up before 2am eastern and avoid the suspension of their services 4 hours after plan amounts are taken for renewal.

At 6 am eastern when renewals have not been delayed customers with unpaid plans amounts have their account services suspended and the suspended warning and expired status remain and paid customers have their accounts return to active and the suspended message disappears.

When the suspended error message is displayed it could be initiated at better time in the renewal process but for simplicity its displayed at the beginning of renewal and disappears at the end of renewal if you are not suspended. If you read it and understand the suspended warning message it makes sense. Ignore this message if you have manually topped up with enough funds in your account balance and/or you are on Autopay.

It could be a little clearer defining the difference between going thru renewal and still having working services and having gone thru renewal with no working services having been suspended for non payment due to an autopay failure. If you dont have autopay it's obvious why you are suspended.

This is why I don't consider the suspended warning a "bug" but an essential part of the renewal process.

@Luddite 

Not saying that the latter part of the chosen solution is wrong but I do consider calling the suspended warning a "bug" incorrect and misinformation for users.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Message like this:

Yummy_0-1643989564849.png

if today is your renewal day, just ignore it. Everybody gets that on renewal day.

As long as you have service, nothing to worry about.

Dgraziani
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have had the same issue, its just a bug, if you are on autopay and your credit card is valid you have nothing to worry about. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@francesdamico 

The expired message isn't a bug. It is in fact what is happening to your 30 day service....its about to expire. Once payment is taken about four hours after payment the status in your account will change to active as you will have renewed your 30 day service and it will be active for the next 30 days until it expires again at renewal.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

lily11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Maybe you need to update your credit card on file.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @francesdamico   Your plan renewal date is tomorrow?  Yes, from early evening on the night before renewal date, your account will flagged as Expired.  No worry, this just means PM will process your renewal soon.  Shortly after midnight EST, they will apply all your rewards and charge your credit card if you have Autopay enabled.  The account status will change to Active around noon tomorrow if the renewal processed without issue

For now, as long as you have service, no need to worry

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @francesdamico 

Are you seeing this?

HALIMACS_0-1643938894153.png

If so, and if:

1. you have a valid payment card registered for auto-pay, or
  2. you have an available balance equal to or greater than your plan value, AND
  3. you have full phone services

Then you need not do anything to retain your services.

Except maybe roll your eyes for ridiculous messaging that Public Mobile delivers on the eve of cycle renewals.     🙄🙄

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@francesdamico 

This notice comes up on your Self Serve account the day before your monthly renewal day.

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @francesdamico 

if showing at Self-Serve, a messages Expired or Suspended and your services are working,
just ignore,,

those message showing before day of renewal. on the date cycle payment is will automatically renewal.

don't worry about it if your service is working..

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@francesdamico 

I am not sure why Public Mobile does this, but it happens to all of us as well. It is part of the renewal process. Your self serve account will say Expired/Suspended the day before they take out the payment. But it will be normal looking tomorrow.

Do you still have services? I

So, if this is the case, ignore these messages on your SELF SERVE account.

If you have no services, and it is past your renewal, maybe your autopay failed?

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount through SELF SERVE (or by calling 611 if you have a card registered)
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  3. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  4. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  5. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  6. Reboot your phone.

If this was an Autopay failure, I would let the Customer Support Agents (CSA) know.

Methods to contact the Customer Support Agents (CSA): https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@francesdamico 

You can ignore that message if your services are active. It's a long-standing bug in self-serve.

Need Help? Let's chat.