cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can make calls, but cant receive them (goes straight to my voicemail)

Illusive_Man
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi folks,

My number has been successfully ported, confirmed by the Port Administration Centre (PAC). However I cant receive calls. I get a voicemail notification on my phone (Samsung Galaxy s10+) for missed calls but my phone doesnt ring even when i have the ringer on. I have played with my call settings on my phone and still doesnt work. Dont know what to do.

I have the $40 15gb 4G plan.

I looked around older community posts and says it can take up to 24 hours after the fact for me to receive calls

Has anyone else had a similar situation ?

10 REPLIES 10

Illusive_Man

Hi everyone,

After many calls from telus/koodo, and friends i can finally use public mobile! I changed my network mode to 4g/3g/2g auto connect  in my settings and its working for now.

Thank you everyone for helping me trouble shoot! Im happy to join the PM fam!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Illusive_Man   A successful port wouldn't normally take no more than couple of hours usually.  Landlines and voip services can take much longer, sometimes days, so you might need support if the port is competed and troubleshooting suggestions hasn't fixed it for you.

@Illusive_Man   Maybe also try to power off  phone and remove the PM SIM and insert in another compatible phone (if available) and reboot, then back to your device and reboot.

WolverineCaz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Make sure your device is up to date and do a restart. A good starting point. 

@Illusive_Man   so it does sound like the port was completed

Try to to a Reset All Network on the phone once

If that does not work, try to change the Preferred network type or Network mode to 3G Only (or WCDMA Only) and see if it works

Illusive_Man

Telus port administration told me it was successfully ported

Illusive_Man

old freedom sim card is not working anymore when i put it back in and I just received a call from my friend, so i think crisis is adverted for now!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Illusive_Man  which Port Administsration centre told yo that porting completed? your old carrier?  and your old carrier is a landline or mobile?

Can you confirm if your old service still working?  if it is mobile, put the old sim card back.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

So it looks like porting was not successful...

When YOU call somebody, what number they see? Your 'ported' number or some other one?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Illusive_Man  Did you reboot phone …. If this is a provisioning issue you will need support help 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Illusive_Man When did you get a message from PAC saying the porting is done? Sometimes it take as many as 2 hours for the port to completed after you replied YES to your old carrier

Try to reboot your phone once

There is also a number you can call to talk to live agent to confirm the porting status.  I will message you the phone number.  Please check your Community inbox

Need Help? Let's chat.