cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: CONTEST: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!

@Alan_K 

There are few things that need to be modified/added 

1) We need to ADD a (Frequently Asked Questions) FAQ section

When helping the community on a daily basis, we answer very similar questions.

Questions like

• Q: Having trouble with porting numbers/ or unable to receive calls recently ported?
  • A: (follow these steps: details here)
  • Q: I am unable to log in?
  • Q: How can I change the plan?
  • Q: My Account showing suspended/expired.

These are just few examples of what's being asked every day.  I'm sure these FAQ's will make a huge difference in helping new activations/members.

2) We could possibly add a "Troubleshooting" section with the most common problems customers face.

Example

• Q: My service has stopped working. 
  • A: example: update your APN settings/restart your phone/check you're MySelf serve account and so on.
  • Q: My data is not working.

Just some ideas!

Cheers

Highlighted
Oracle

@Alan_K I think there are already to many sections.  We could go down to 4 Announcements, Contests, PM Support, The Lounge.  Have only PM Support be used for calculation of rewards.  No need to have people earning rewards off of posts that are announcements, contests or non support issues.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click the "?" in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There are already too many boards and should be pruned to a lower number. Ideally, the Search window should bring up an answer instantly — no matter what the question — rather than a user browsing through the boards and the titles.

And this brings me to a supplementary suggestion of the role of Chatbot SIMon. It’s currently relegated to a side show by placing it in the bottom right corner of the screen. It’s not even brightly colored to attract attention. How about re-positioning the Chatbot SIMon to the front and the center for all searches (just below All Community). Ideally, this is where a user should start for all the questions.

Do I have a Google Search Window in mind? Perhaps, yes.  Smiley.png

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I would like to second @z10user4 suggestion about the reference/link to the actual message in the thread being replied to.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@ddeep91 

They're was a knowledge base that was combination of manuals, how tos, solutions to particular problems/bugs.

With tone it a became a bit messy and there was lots of stuff that was outdated.

This is probably the reason it was removed, place like that needs regular maintenance.

Maybe there should be some kind of flag that community can use to alert employees that the thread is outdated or not applicable anymore and can be placed for review.

Would they be taken down completely or would there be a graveyard for threads still accessible to public I guess is something pm would have to decide.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K 

PM does not have call center.  Support are provided by moderator by creating a support ticket using SIMon.  New and old subscribers are still don't know how to get support.  

1.  On new community account creation, new user should be directed to a quick training video or interactive web pages on

1a.  how to use our community board

1b.  how to get help using SIMon.

1c.  how to use the private message system

1d.  TBD

2.  Community landing page should remind users that PM support is provided by moderator only and short cut link to the introduction training materials.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Not sure if we need to change the number of boards, the current ones are already categorized pretty nicely, imo. Besides, many new users don't really care or check that they're posting in the correct board anyways lol.

So I think new users should be forced to go through a bot like SIMon before their first post, which will basically take them through a search of the forums for threads related to their question. Then give them the option to start a new thread afterwards.

Also for new users, give them a big flashing warning to not their personal info on the public boards whenever they post. Only remove this warning after their 10th post (or rank up), or something like that.

EDIT: For tagging all Oracles, I found a thread explaining the limitations for setting that up. Maybe have an "Oracle_Team" bot account that will auto check for Oracle(s) who are online and notify/tag them? Or just auto forward all the tags it receives to every Oracle, so we don't have to manually tag all of them lol.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would like to see:

- Different colours for Announcements tabs, sometimes when it’s busy posts get lost

- have the quote back when reply..

- sticky on top for Newbies.. start here with links to how to do Autopay, how to post on the board, etc.

- get to know page for members who want to share more in the Lounge.. or history of the Oracles? How to be an Oracle?

- report on posters who constantly write off colour or rude comments so an official from PM can either block them, or their posts will have to be reviewed before it can be posted. Since only customers can join the community, we can’t kick them out, but their rudeness should be curbed.

Thank You 🤗

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Forum organization itself is fine, mostly, except the removal / hide & seek of the Quote button (that is more a function of the Khoros platform than PM but still needs addressing).

One feature lacking is the ability to subscribe to sections of the forum, rather than just individual threads (though I posted a work-around solution for this here:

How to get notified of ANY New Promos, Announcements, System Outages, etc

I would like the equivalent of the Lab section brought back to be able to submit ideas for improvements BUT only if it is properly managed, e.g., merge duplicates, provide feedback, update status, etc.

Yes, make Simon more front and centre.

Make it clearer on how to get mod support via Simon... I figured it out but definitely not obvious.

BIG problem in this forum is more the PRIVATE MESSAGING...again more a PLATFORM issue than a forum organization issue. For an online only company that requires communication with customer via this PM, this PM is TERRIBLE... lacks tracking conversations (that is the back and forth on same discussion thread), lacks preserving title when mods reply back, so makes it VERY HARD to have more than one topic on the go with mods  (and there are many situations where that is necessary). Please fix or REPLACE this PM system.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sarlye wrote:

I would like to see:

- report on posters who constantly write off colour or rude comments so an official from PM can either block them, or their posts will have to be reviewed before it can be posted. Since only customers can join the community, we can’t kick them out, but their rudeness should be curbed.

Thank You 🤗

You can already report inappropriate posts... just click on the "..." menu to the right for the option.