cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: CONTEST: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!

When I first joined the boards were difficult and overwhelming to navigate.  If I’m really looking for something now there is so much information out there I can just search... I love the search feature. I haven’t really needed to post but I do give bravos when someone has helped me out.  After being here for awhile I’m okay with them. I have not really had any significant problems... the service has been good and when there has been a problem that affected me the answer has popped up in community. I don’t really understand why we need a separate account sign in for community?  I think that is a barrier for folks who aren’t really tech savvy and they may miss out or get frustrated with things. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: CONTEST: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!


@RM4 wrote:

I don’t really understand why we need a separate account sign in for community?  I think that is a barrier for folks who aren’t really tech savvy and they may miss out or get frustrated with things. 


I don't KNOW the reason, but I suspect it's something to do with accounts that are no longer active, i.e. if there was only 1 set of login credentials(email & password), and someone had an account that had been deleted, due to it going past the 90 days of being suspended, and THEN they tried to log into the Community forums to get some help, they probably couldn't if that login info was no longer valid. I suppose they could always create a new set of info to get to the forums with, but MAYBE that's part of the reason.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: CONTEST: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!

Better navigation 

 

link to last unread post of a particular thread. That’s my biggest beef. 

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: CONTEST: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!


@CannonFodder wrote:

@RM4 wrote:

I don’t really understand why we need a separate account sign in for community?  I think that is a barrier for folks who aren’t really tech savvy and they may miss out or get frustrated with things. 


I don't KNOW the reason, but I suspect it's something to do with accounts that are no longer active, i.e. if there was only 1 set of login credentials(email & password), and someone had an account that had been deleted, due to it going past the 90 days of being suspended, and THEN they tried to log into the Community forums to get some help, they probably couldn't if that login info was no longer valid. I suppose they could always create a new set of info to get to the forums with, but MAYBE that's part of the reason.


Well, it helps for that reason BUT the reason they are different is these are 2 different platforms, one for Self-serve (not sure if that is an in-house or third party product), and this community, which IS a third party product from Khoros.

 

Also, this login set up works best for some users that have more than one PM account but only need one forum login to get support.

 

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: CONTEST: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!

I think the catagories are fine, the lounge is for all extra things anyhow. I think all the recent posts should be in one row not 2, you scroll down to read them all then go back up to read the ones in the second column. You need to speed things up, this site and the one for activation can be overloaded and very slow.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: CONTEST: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!

FAQs

Deals

How To's

Maintenance Alerts

General Announcements

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: CONTEST: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!

Honestly I like how vbuletin boards are designed, they have great features and allow for more rebust categorization, that said there should be sections for each phone platform currently available, even a enthusiasts section for those of us in the know who can give tips on how to improve the user experience on each device. I doubt you guys would ever change the forum software though but that's just my two cents on it all.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: CONTEST: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!


@XionBunny wrote:

Honestly I like how vbuletin boards are designed, they have great features and allow for more rebust categorization, that said there should be sections for each phone platform currently available, even a enthusiasts section for those of us in the know who can give tips on how to improve the user experience on each device. I doubt you guys would ever change the forum software though but that's just my two cents on it all.


Yeah, I kinda doubt they'd change software, BUT it is actually doable. I previously mentioned being an admin, for a short while, on a forum running Invision Community, and I don't recall FOR SURE, but I THINK it may have been vbulletin that the site owner was originally running, but he wanted something better, so he got Invision, and migrated the old forum(s) over to the new software, and with a few exceptions, it actually went fairly smoothly. The end result was a MUCH nicer experience for all users, along with TONS of configurability for the owner of the forum. 👍 

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: CONTEST: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!


@XionBunny wrote:

... there should be sections for each phone platform currently available, even a enthusiasts section for those of us in the know who can give tips on how to improve the user experience on each device....


can't the Phone & hardware section be used for that?

Highlighted
Oracle

Re: CONTEST: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!


@RM4 wrote:

 I don’t really understand why we need a separate account sign in for community?  I think that is a barrier for folks who aren’t really tech savvy and they may miss out or get frustrated with things. 


Besides it being a third-party platform for the community, many people have created community accounts without being a customer of PM to research about the product.  This way they don't need a self serve to participate in the community


* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click the "?" in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *