cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Contest Closed] CPO Flip Phone Giveaway!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

As many of you know, Public Mobile offers a wide range of Certified Pre-Owned Phones at affordable prices. And when we’re talking about variety and affordability, we can’t forget the newest addition to our CPO catalogue: the ZTE Cymbal 2 flip phone is our lowest priced device at $69!  And now, you have a chance to get your hands on one, for free.

Do you remember flip phones? Did you ever own a flip phone, or are currently rocking one? We want to hear from you. Let us know in a short survey, and you’ll be entered into a giveaway to win one of three ZTE Cymbal 2 flip phones. 

Polls are now open, and will close on February 17, 2022

Here’s how to enter:

Step 1 

• Click this link to access our flip phone survey and answer a few simple questions.

Step 2

• Fill in your Community user name directly on the survey.  

Step 3

• After you fill out the survey, submit your answers to be automatically entered for a chance to win a flip phone! 

What kind of Flip Phone?

Checkout the ZTE Cymbal 2 in our phone catalogue for details

Jade_S_0-1644524582075.png

Feature Highlights:

• Easy to use keypad with physical buttons
  • Front and back camera 
  • Convenient speakerphone button

We can’t wait to hear from the flip phone experts in our Community. Good Luck! 

-   Public Mobile Team

Contest Rules

Spoiler

1.     HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY  

No Purchase Necessary.  To enter entrants must complete and submit the online survey located at https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Mobile-Community/ct-p/Public_Mobile_Community.  Only one entry per person accepted.  No other form of participation is accepted.  In the event of a dispute on the entrant identity, the person who is the holder of the email address specified on the online form will be deemed to be the entrant.

Contest runs February 10, 2022 - February 17, 2022 at 17:00 (EST).

To be eligible, entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date. To be eligible, you must be a Canadian resident 13 years of age or older. Contest not open to employees of TELUS Corporation (“TELUS”), its affiliated companies or subsidiaries, its sales agents, its advertising and promotional agencies, and members with whom they are domiciled. 

By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree to that any and all liability related to this contest by TELUS is limited to the value of the Prize(s) as defined hereinafter.

2.     THE PRIZE

There will be three (3) prizes awarded.  Each winner will receive the following prize:

One (1) ZTE Cymbal 2 (mobile flip phone) (approx. retail value: $69.00) (the “Prize”)

Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and with no substitutions, is/are not transferable unless set out in the Contest Rules and cannot be exchanged with TELUS for cash. If Prize awarded is a mobile device or tablet, Prize does not include activation and all activations are subject to a credit check and the TELUS Service Terms (telus.com/serviceterms). TELUS reserves the right to substitute any portion of the Prize with a Prize of equivalent value if such prize becomes unavailable for any reason.  The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.
3.      THE DRAW

A random draw for the Prize will take place at the TELUS office located at 25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario, on or about February 18 at 12:00pm ET by a TELUS representative. Selected entrant will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail. No telephone contact or correspondence will be entered into except with the selected entrant. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within four (4) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet any of the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.

In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer unaided a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to sign a standard release form.  If the selected entrant is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must read and accept these Contest Rules.  Failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules or sign and return the release form within seven (7) days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected until the Prize is awarded.
4.    PRIVACY

By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for publicity purposes in all media used by TELUS, without payment or compensation.  Entrants agree to TELUS’ use of the entrants’ personal information that may include contacting you regarding limited time offers, promotional offers and/or surveys. Full details are as described in TELUS’ privacy policy located at telus.com/privacy.

1.       QUEBEC RESIDENTS

Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. 
6.      OTHER

All entries become the property of TELUS.  TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, or damaged entries. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified.  In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in an manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified.  Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final.  This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

All entrants that are customers of TELUS at the time of entry and/or at the time of Prize award must have their TELUS accounts in good standing (with a current account balance that is no more than 30 days past due) in order to be eligible to win the Prize.

FOR LEGAL APPROVAL OF YOUR CONTEST, PLEASE FORWARD TO

MARIE SPRATT AT marie.spratt@telus.com

POUR L'APPROBATION LÉGALE DES CONCOURS QUÉBÉCOIS UNIQUEMENT,

VEUILLEZ FAIRE PARVENIR À marie-chantal.soucy@telus.com

47 REPLIES 47

chainsawcowboy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hTideGnow 

My wife wants to know how you got my picture?

@LeePublic 

And she wants to know how you got my new phone?

@LeePublic wrote:

That was lighting fast! Received the phone today! 😁

HI @LeePublic , So, they sent to the wrong address.. was supposed to be mine  🤣

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That was lighting fast! Received the phone today! 😁

pkaraa

Congrats to the winners.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Congratulations @LeePublic  @pm-smayer97 and the other guy?!! I'm envious I was hoping for a replacement for my flip phone with a broken screen.....oh well it still works for its main purpose : a telephone.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

Congrats to all the winners!

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

Yipee! Thx PM!

LeePublic

I didn't even expect to win, lol! 😁 Thanks for the congratulations messages! 👍

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

No courier ring my door bell today, I guess I didn't win  

Congrats on the lucky winners  🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Congrats flip phone winners!

Expect to be called upon when someone has a questions about this model. 😁

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Congrats to the winners!  😊

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We appreciate everyone who participated in our Flip Phone Giveaway. As I mentioned, we received so many different ways and reasons why some of you have or even know people who use Flips today! 

Congrats to @LeePublic@pm-smayer97 and @GonnaHelpUOut who each won a ZTE Cymbal 2! 

We hope you enjoy the flip phones! 

Thank you, 

Jade 

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

The draw is complete, and the winners have all been contacted. We'll return to the thread and Congratulate the winners soon! 

Thank you all for your participation. So many great opinons regarding the classic flip phone model. 

Thank you, 

Jade

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

Do we have a winner?

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

😭

LeePublic

😂Love that!

@darlicious wrote:

@Jb456 

Grandfathered rewards get grandfather phones.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

thanks PM for my new flip phone  🙂

hTideGnow_0-1645286456286.png

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious  😂😂👍

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 

Grandfathered rewards get grandfather phones.

@HALIMACS  🤣.. Not sure if you seen the new points rewards. Those on the new points (Basically new sign ups since Jan 25th and a few that left old rewards) there contest for 1 point ($1) is a chance to win one of three iPhone 13's. Yet all us long time members are stuck with an ancient flip phone 🙄 How nice eh.

Ah c'mon @Jb456 ,  just think PM'ing on a flipper!  🤣

BearFBI

What a freaking awesome price. 

69$ lol 

Kudos to whoever did that.

fujiyama

Have no use for this, so good luck to all those who entered.

Looking forward to future giveaways with better prizes 😎 (please don't lock them behind a "Points paywall")

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Not worth the time to fill the survey 🤣 is this what customers on points system can expect when you start doing points contests? Lol.  

Autopay gone, $10 a year instead of loyalty, list goes on and now giving away a paperweight 😂.

I guess we can all expect no free holiday gifts this coming year huh.

hitcher
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had a Samsung SPH M300. I thought it was thee cfoolest thing lol.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Imexgenie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just made it before expired, Good luck to all.

chainsawcowboy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't have a gmail account? Can I use missus gmail account And fill in my email and community username?

Thanks

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

Thank Jade for the GAW.

Does it include a PM SIM?

Now I can be Raymond Reddington.

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Done. it is good for m mom.

Have a wonderful weekend

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM wrote:

Your entry is still valid. As long as you have your Community user name listed. 

Thanks for verifying @J_PM 

🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.