cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More is Merrier is back: Free gifts for all!

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Contest has ended.

Having trouble entering our contest? We've received a lot more excitement than expected. Not to worry, you have up until December 31st to enter enter our contest! Please try again in a few days at publicmobile.ca/holiday.

Catherine_T_0-1606848529765.png

Hey Community,

‘Tis the season to be jolly, and this holiday season we are back with our More is Merrier campaign at publicmobile.ca/holiday

In the spirit of giving, this year’s rewards are bigger and better than ever before:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Win more from a pool of $10,000 worth of gift cards

Available today until December 31st, 11:59PM EST, all new and existing customers can get a free 2GB data add-on, 500 minutes of international long-distance calling, and a chance to win one of 131 Amazon gift cards. 

How to redeem your free data and international minutes:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 2GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 500min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

How to enter for a chance to win an Amazon gift card: (Spoiler alert - it only takes 30 seconds!)

1. Enter your details: Head over to publicmobile.ca/holiday and enter: 1) Your name, 2)Your Public Mobile phone number, and 3) Your email
  2. Wait for the draw: Winning customers will be contacted early January via SMS to their Public Mobile phone number.
  3. Cross your fingers: We’ve got 131 draws of $60 (that’s $30 for you and $30 for your friend). 10 draws of $200, $100 each and 1 draw of $1000 to split! 

What else you need to know:

• To be eligible for the gift card contest, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer when entering and at time of draw. Only one entry per customer accepted. Each winner will win 2 gift cards, one for themself and one to share with a friend. More details including how to enter and full Contest Rules are available at publicmobile.ca/holiday.
  • Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2020 11:59PM ET
  • Limited time free add-ons are one-time only and will fall off your account when fully used 
  • Each free add-on can only be added to each customer account once. Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Share the joy:

Want to share these holiday rewards with your friends and family who are also Public Mobile customers? Here is another image you can use: 

Catherine_T_1-1606848529627.jpeg

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

699 REPLIES 699

The closest they had for a Christmas "promo" was that those on the Points Rewards program were encouraged to use their points to buy the data and minutes. I cannot recall if they offered them at a discounted number of points.

But nothing more was given. We were spoiled for a few years. Not everything lasts forever.

@icetahir 

Sorry, there was no bonus add-on for December 2023

icetahir
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was waiting for that, past years we always received text message from public mobile, but this year they didn't get any message, so our whole family (6 plans) missed this promo. 

yeej

@Tessieboo1952 , LOL.  I was looking at the Free Contest post from 2020.  That explains it.  Thanks for the chuckle.

Tessieboo1952
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don’t think they’re doing the freebees this year.  Last year they did it by text, but I haven’t received anything this year.  

yeej

Hi, I can't seem to find the links to get the free 2gb of data and 500 minutes of long distance calling.  I am following the instructions but can't seem to find the "Purchase Add-ons" link.

Is this only available for those who who switched over to the new points system a few months back?

Thanks for your help. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : I understand giving it a try but I can get there with + but not without. Have you tried it yet? esjliv says he couldn't. And his evidence is that he doesn't have the 400 gift.

@jmg135 did you try calling using 1 only? 

1-721- local number

@dabr wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

BLAH HAHA - i didn't even notice that @Anonymous !

okay disregard my post @AE_Collector , now that makes sense.

If PM is going to continue with this gift giving tradition, perhaps they could start adding the year for any new "More Is Merrier" threads to lessen the confusion for customers...

@dabr  I was thinking about that too..

for sure not More is Merrier is back again as the title next time.. LoL

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv wrote:

If PM is going to continue with this gift giving tradition, perhaps they could start adding the year for any new "More Is Merrier" threads to lessen the confusion for customers...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv : I didn't notice it until AE_Collector made me look. Oh! 2020. Alrighty then.

@Anonymous wrote:

@AE_Collector: lol because this is the 2020 thread.

Oh my freakin goodness…..

Topic was gone from announcements page (early spring cleaning I guess) but then I saw what I assumed was the conversation continuing in here! I guess previous years freebies haven’t been as exciting as this recent gift offer! 

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : As always around here...YMMV...try it. It didn't for me. + works. I've tried all the country code 1 countries. A very small handful go through.

@jmg135  posted in more than one "Merrier" thread.. i was confused in the beginning , too

Sint Maarten,  became a NANP territory on 30 September 2011, after having been approved for membership in 2009. Previously, Sint Maarten used the country code 599, originally assigned to the now-dissolved Netherlands Antilles, and still in use by Curaçao and the Caribbean Netherlands (Bonaire, Sint Eustatius, and Saba).

(source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_code_721

St. Maarten now has an area code 721 , does that mean call St. Maarteen would be just 1-721, like calling US and only need US long distance plan?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector: lol because this is the 2020 thread.

@AE_Collector  - 140 !?

We have way different settings  - LOL

I have 14 :

esjliv_0-1641243371104.png

EDIT - wait - what do you mean by DISAPPEAR?

Back to more YK2022 stuff here at PM? 

Where did 140 pages of this topic disappear to?

AE_Collector

@Anonymous wrote:

@esjliv : I have the 400 gift and both 500 gifts. I can call the south. We don't yet know what all add-ons jmg135 and the others have.

@Anonymous i just tired to call a library there (to check out a book...lol) I cannot connect.

But I just have 2020 and 2021 year's xmas addons.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv : I have the 400 gift and both 500 gifts. I can call the south. We don't yet know what all add-ons jmg135 and the others have.

@softech wrote:

@jmg135 

St. Maarten is not a country you can call with PM.  

@softech  the curious thing here is that jmg135 says their daughter is with Public Mobile and she can get through.

Only thing I can think of is if she has another addon from the past that allows this location.

jmg135

I tried - and get the same message from PM "sorry, your number couldn't be completed as dialed......"

@jmg135 

St. Maarten is not a country you can call with PM.  

This are the long distance calling countries on the list

Holiday Addon 2021
International Long Distance calling add-on covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela.

**but possibly you might also call these countries
Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Macau, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan Peru, Philippines, Romania, Sweden, Taiwan, Venezuela,

jmg135

we're all calling the same number and only one of the three of us can get through.

@jmg135 wrote:

I am using the +1, the area code and the number

@jmg135  try calling this way...

011 then Dial the country code 599 for St. Maarten

jmg135

Yes - we all have the add ons

jmg135

I am using the +1, the area code and the number

@jmg135 wrote:

I'm calling the south using area code 721 and I get a public mobile message stating "the call can not be completed as dialed, please check your number and try again". My daughter is also with public mobile and can call but neither my husband or myself can.

@jmg135  - you said your daughter is with Public Mobile and she CAN call?

Are you calling the same numbers? If so, then not sure why you cannot. Some countries seems to slip in to the international calling...

Does you and your wife see the addon listed in your accounts?

jmg135

Not sure why it would work for one public mobile user and not all.  Three of us are trying to call the same number.  Two don't work but the third does.  

Need Help? Let's chat.