Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Points Contests

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

This month, we’ve kicked-off our summer contests through our Public Points rewards program. Giving you a chance to win some awesome prizes! 

We’re running 4 contests through the entire month of August. That means 4 chances to win, at the same time!

Contest Details:

• Prizes (5 winners in total):  
    • 1 Apple e-Gift card - value $250 (1 winner)
    • 2 Amazon e-Gift cards - value $250/ each (2 winners)
    • 1 Cineplex e-Gift card - value $250 (1 winner)
    • 1 Google Play e-Gift card - value $250 (1 winner)
  • This contest is only open to valid Public Points rewards program members who have reached the age of majority according to the laws of the Province where they reside.
  • Redeem 1 point for an automatic entry into this contest. You can enter as many times as you like
  • No purchase necessary. Mathematical skill-testing question required. Read complete Contest Rules before entering: publicmobile.ca/rewardrules. By redeeming points you are acknowledging that you understand and consent to the contest rules.  

Entering our contests is easy, here’s how:

1. Head over to My Rewards and login: https://publicmobile.ca/myrewards 
  2. Check out the Rewards Catalogue page to see all open contest details and hit Redeem! 
  3. Once you’ve confirmed your contest entry redemption, we’ll send you an email confirmation 

Stay tuned for more exciting Public Points contests coming September 1st! 

For more information about our Public Points rewards program visit https://publicmobile.ca/en/rewards 

Spoiler

Thank you, 

- Public Mobile Team 

Rewards.png

27 REPLIES 27

@Billslam   I think it is possible.  But you need to confirm with PM Support

Please open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Billslam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, can i recall the Points redemption? I push the wrong redemption what I want. Thanks. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@messenabout 

Lol....I knew nothing before but add up...

• Pandemic
  • Unemployment
  • Surgery
  • Recovery
  • Boredom
  • Willingness to help others
  • Knowledge seeking for personal and family's self serve account management
  • Community rewards

Got me to where I am today and I'm happy it has helped you along the way!

messenabout
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sorry, who turned my autocorrect back on? LOL

messenabout

@darlicious 

I went to preferences under my settings in community profile I think is what it was and all I saw was preferences for email I saw nothing about text messages at all. Thank you. Communits awesome I just have to say that answers your phone out here and explained much more quickly and fully in the community I appreciate all who put time and work in here. How did you get some knowledgeable about all things Public Mobile? Just want to say I appreciate it.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@messenabout 

You can and we do get text message notifications. You can also get selected for live chat via text message as well although it's a bit random at the moment as they test out the service. You probably need to resubscribe to text messages to get most of these notifications because you had unsubscribed. Although you could probably text subscribe to the various text short codes that we get messages from Public Mobile on it may be just easier to contact customer support to have the them add you again so it would cover all of the short codes that public mobile uses.

messenabout

Good to know thanks. I've just resubscribed to email notifications. I just wish you could pick and choose which ones in particular you could have come to your email inbox. My chance to get overcrowded too quickly. And for that matter, I wish we could receive notifications especially the ones from customer service or public mobile directly as text messages too our mobiles.

Thanks

@messenabout they do have some contests that open for everyone inclined people on the old rewards system

This was one from couple weeks ago

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Winners-Certified-Pre-Owned-Phone-Conte...

messenabout

It keeps referring to this contest and that it costs one point. So which is it? It doesn't even matter to me because I'm on dollar rewards. Do they ever give us any contests? Underhanded to say the least and trying to get us to switch programs. And what about loyalty to the longer-term customers? 

I'm starting to get a bad taste in my mouth.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Now if the Points System were to truly work, requires More intense scrutiny and of course polishing, before PM clients make their escape from Old Points to New Points 

Rhlvy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yupy

Rhlvy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yup

porcupine

i will stick with the old points thanks

Careful @CountyDownIeUk  i think your smoke is beginning to leak out…..

lol good call bc the odds are prob about the same 

bluejaywpg

In no way would this tempt me to switch to the inferior points system from the old rewards system. And I'd rather use $1 to buy a scratch lottery ticket or perhaps a Western 6/49 ticket instead of $1 (for a point) to win a prize valued at potentially $2 million, rather than trying to win a $250 GC for specific retailers.

? gnisufnoc os si tahw @CountyDownIeUk 

@darlicious 

Wording was not clear on the $25 RAF either. 

Which also makes me wonder. If the $25 RAF was emailed to some of us, but not all, and this offer was posted as a sticky for everyone on Points.....then the $25 off is only targeted to those that received  the email??

CONFUSING.....NOT CLEAR.....CONFUSING..NOT CLEAR.....CONFUSING..NOT CLEAR.....

Yeah I was going to say. If you could use one point and be entered to win multiple prizes but 1 point per prize the odds are about as good as a longshot lottery and at least those have your actual odds and a bit more transparency

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

To clarify here are the current lucky draw contests. All end August 31st 2022 except the Nintendo Switch lucky draw which ends September 30th 2022. Contest rules click link below...

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles?category=rewards&subcategory=contest-rules

Screenshot_20220815-182736.pngScreenshot_20220815-182720.pngScreenshot_20220815-182642.pngScreenshot_20220815-182802.pngScreenshot_20220815-182554.pngScreenshot_20220815-182620.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

Now I am even more confused because I checked out the last link supplied above and it says there are two (2) Google Play gift cards worth $250 to be won? So which is it? One or two?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

I agree with @RossN  @hTideGnow , not tempting. 😁

@J_PM  there are 4 links in your spoiler. Were they all meant to be there?

The first 2 cannot be reached...or I have a cache/cookie issue, which I wouldn't be surprised. LOL

The 3rd, just loops to main Public page.

The 4ths seems to work.

Contest Rules Apple 

Contest Rules Amazon 

Contest Rules Cineplex 

Contest Rules Google Play 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

Your wording is confusing....one must redeem 1 point for each contest? Apple, Amazon, Cineplex and Google Play? So by redeeming 1 point you have one chance of winning the prize worth $250 from Apple, Cineplex and Google Play and 2 chances of winning a $250 Amazon gift card? Unless redeeming 1 point enters you to win any one of the 5 prizes in 4 contest categories?

Saying that I see the value of the prizes to be won have diminished. The last lucky draw contest had a chance to win one of 2 Samsung S-22 phone's (value $1300 each?) A big screen Samsung tv (55 inch? value $800?) And something else techie? (I will have to look...?) This time around the total prize value is less than one S-22 phone...🤔?

Probably the reason with two weeks to go pm needs to amp up the promotion of the lucky draw due to low entry numbers? The gift card retailer choices are less than compelling other than Amazon which can appeal to most customers. Only Apple users will pick the Apple draw. One must be a real movie buff to want to win $250 towards going to a movie theatre....I haven't even spent that in entire lifetime of going to the movie theatre and that was before the pandemic?!! People actually buy things from Google Play? Or if they do I highly doubt that many of them are public mobile customers? It is what it is I suppose....

Do you enter the lucky draw because your chances of winning a lacklustre prize are that much greater? Or skip it altogether and just leave the few customers who actually want to win one of their preferred prizes a much higher chance of winning because they will appreciate winningļ a prize? What a dilemma?

trustsea
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Second class public mobile client!  Trying to use influence to get one to see things their way. 😞  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Thanks @J_PM   now this is tempting... To Migrate or Not Migrate, that is the question

🙂

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM Big woopdedo for the rest of us on the old rewards system 😮

Need Help? Let's chat.