cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: CONTEST: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!

@dac13 wrote:

FAQs

Deals

How To's

Maintenance Alerts

General Announcements

Well, FAQs seem to have been moved to the Help Articles on the main publicmobile.ca site,

Deals, Maintenance Alerts and General Announcements are already in the Announcements section so not sure we need separate sections for that (BTW, you can easily subscribe to get notified of all of them by following this:

How to get notified of ANY New Promos, Announcements, System Outages, etc

As for How To's, I see some value but it depends what you want to achieve...how are they different than FAQs or the Phone & Hardware sections?

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Alan_K 

My suggestion is that there should be a way to filter for posts that have not been answered, or are unsolved. Also if this doesn't already happen, after a specific amount of time the OP should be forced to pick a best answer, and if a best answer isn't chosen a moderator should confirm the best answer. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I think that the Board needs to be given a Simplified form

as well as Coloured coded, what's correct, and what is incorrect

Have everything in regards to Porting over a Line to PM Under How to transfer a line from a different carrier to PM:

Name of Owner of A/C

Pin

Address

Reminder for people who maybe deciding to join PM to check IF their Devices are compatible, from LTE Data compatible to Min Band 5/Band 2( 850/1900 MHz)

Reminding people to purchase a Sim prior to porting process

Everything in regards to Self-Serve Portal it's own

Listing what the Self-Serve Portal is and each function

Plans and Add-Ons, it's own, and that should be self-explanatory

Phones and Listing what the BANDS PM/Telus uses, so that people know what to look for

Telus Mobility LTE Frequencies and Bands:
700 MHz Band 12, 13, 17, 29
850 MHzBand 5
1700/2100 MHzBand 4
1900 MHzBand 2
2600 MHzBand 7

Also, perhaps specifying HOW to Set up APN Settings, sometimes people may have issues and that this requires STEP-BY-STEP Specified instructions, INCLUDING Tethering, explaining what tethering is and all that

Rewards and Loyalty, the current way it's set up, that's easy to follow

Troubleshooting

Listing the MOST common issues and solutions, that could help keep the community efficiency effective for the more complex issues where quick fixes might not be available

Feedback

There needs to be more of a feedback toggle, so that this could be key to seeing what people like, what works, what is not, and what can be improved

Suggestions/Lab

I honestly think that this should be brought back, to see what people are looking for

Perhaps even PM having a Monthly or Bi-Annual Poll on what people wish to see

This way, at least PM/Telus can see and absorb greater info, better way to make PM better Brand in some way

Lounge

This is great to keep, perfect 

How to purchase an Add-On

This is by far a Necessity, people may get confused on the procedures, I had that happen myself a few times, so this would be great to have

Having an Important Bulletin when Important info

Oracles Thread

This explaining what an Oracle is and responsibilities

Moderators

Explaining this too vital 

How to change plans and what difference between plan renewing at automatic Renewal cycle vs Proactive plan renewal

Suspension of plan, explaining in detail when a plan is in suspension and clarifying that when account goes into suspension, people have 90 days from the day plan FIRST went into suspension to top up their account and renew plan, OR, after the 90 day period, on the 91st day the A/C is Permanently closed and is therefore deleted fro the system and the Sim is no longer useful as it's now invalid and a new Sim required

F&Q also important

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Put a spot in the lounge dedicated to saving and deals. Also colour code the announcements. Green for contests, Blue for general announcements and Red for warnings, maintenance etc. 

Highlighted

I'm not a very techie person.  I can definitely see the benefit now from the reasons explained by yourself and CannonFodder.  Thanks. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Mark_C wrote:

My suggestion is that there should be a way to filter for posts that have not been answered, or are unsolved. Also if this doesn't already happen, after a specific amount of time the OP should be forced to pick a best answer, and if a best answer isn't chosen a moderator should confirm the best answer. 

Well, first of all, how do you FORCE someone to pick a best answer, especially if that person never logs back in to the forums? There have been several threads, in which we never hear from the OP again, and therefore never know if the issue was resolved and/or what the correct advice was.

As for a Mod confirming the best answer, we already have at least one of the Oracles (@Luddite) that combs through week old(or older) threads, and often awards a "solution" to the post in any thread that turned out to be the correct advice, that the OP never actually marked as the solution.

Highlighted

As others mentioned, an easy to find FAQ section right on the community homepage would be great for the newcomers, to reduce the number of the same questions asked. The ability to customize the colors of the board would be a nice touch as well, such as a dark mode.

Highlighted

Contest: Help us redesign our boards for a chance to win!

#1. I’d like to see headlines such as - Announcements, New Solutions, Latest Post – Standout, possibly similar to “Bravo Leaderboard”.

#2. Improve subjects: ‘Latest Post’ and ‘Latest Topics’. As I read these subjects, I can only guess that they may be similar. Suggestion: Combine or rename.

That’s my two cents.

cory_c

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Alan_K  I love the idea of having a tab for savings and deals. The announcement board could display top contributors whilst the savings and deals board could display contests etc. Thanks!

Highlighted
Oracle

@JenL  Wouldn't a deals section be better suited in a site for deals  like red flag deals?      most people coming here are looking for phone support not where to buy the cheapest widget.