cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Make Private Messages Threaded

Helmanfrow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Like the Subject Line says.

PMs currently can be viewed as SENT or INBOX, but a threaded view would be more useful in most situations.

9 REPLIES 9

@CannonFodder wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

It would just be nice to be able to quote period....i thought this would have been fixed by now for us "mobile" device users.

That, and be able to quote on a regular basis, instead of the same situation as the SIMon question mark icon, i.e. "now you see me, now you don't"..... quotes weren't working earlier today, but now they are, the same way as it's been for days. 🙄 

@CannonFodder  After switching to the desktop Firefox (like the other day) and having no luck suddenly my screen went to modzilla is having a problem screen. I closed the tab and voila a whole newly formatted version popped up with the ability to expand the toolbar and quote. But the camera icon is replaced with a pic icon and suddenly all my photos file size is too large and i have no option to load photos that are already in my profile. Typical pm fashion...one problem gets fixed only to be replaced by a whole new one!

But no simple Simon! Thats a trade off I might be willing to accept.

@darlicious wrote:

It would just be nice to be able to quote period....i thought this would have been fixed by now for us "mobile" device users.

That, and be able to quote on a regular basis, instead of the same situation as the SIMon question mark icon, i.e. "now you see me, now you don't"..... quotes weren't working earlier today, but now they are, the same way as it's been for days. 🙄 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@computergeek541  it would actually be interesting to see other sites use lithium boards and see what features or customizations  they have done. Better or worse  That I think would be a good way to find attainable ideas.

Who knows maybe public has actually outgrown lithium...

I will say that I don't actually have knowledge of what is possible and what isn't. When I think of customization of this Community site, I think of colors, fonts size, and category names.

Well, I don't have any knowledge of the workings of the software that runs these forums, but as mentioned in another thread, I have had some experience with Invision Community software, and it's got plenty of configuration possibilities, and TONS of functionality you can add to the forums you set up with their software. That, and there's lots of info on their own forums, on how to implement various add-ons and features.

I would think that if threaded privates messages were possible, it would already be in effect as I can't see any possible reason for a company to wish to disable that.

Yeah, doesn't seem like there'd be any reason to disable it, BUT it's possible that the software has it disabled by default, and maybe the folks running these forums don't see any reason to enable that function, or maybe haven't checked out how to do it. Same thing with multi-quotes, i.e. maybe this software doesn't have that ability, or maybe it's simply not enabled..... methinks it's time to poke around on the 'net.... 🤔 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The private message format in RFD is sort of in conversation view.  The messages are shown individually in the inbox and sent folders.  When a particular message is viewed, the back and forth responses preceding the message is shown.  It is kind of half/half.  I kind of like it.  The way outlook rolls up messages conflicts with displaying messages by date.  TBH, with so many other more pressing issues with the self serve, private messaging has got to be on the back burner for Public Mobile.

@mimmo wrote:

@computergeek541  it would actually be interesting to see other sites use lithium boards and see what features or customizations  they have done. Better or worse  That I think would be a good way to find attainable ideas.

I will say that I don't actually have knowledge of what is possible and what isn't. When I think of customization of this Community site, I think of colors, fonts size, and category names.  I would think that if threaded privates messages were possible, it would already be in effect as I can't see any possible reason for a company to wish to disable that.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Helmanfrow wrote:

Like the Subject Line says.

PMs currently can be viewed as SENT or INBOX, but a threaded view would be more useful in most situations.

I don't think you'll get much argument from others. Threaded private messages would be great.  However, this Community message site is using software from a third party, and while Public Mobile can certainly make suggestions to Lithium Technologies, implementing this may be beyond Public Mobile's control. 

Need Help? Let's chat.