cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i keep my rewards loyalty plan but transfer a phone number registerd to sim

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

basically the number neds to be transferred to a home line and this number is with public--but i do want to keep the 2 years loyalty plan i just need a way to save the current number by transferring out while waiting for a new number and keep this public account opened

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 

I don't think this is possible, but you may be able to make some special arrangements by asking CS_Agent nicely in a private message (you may want to include all your account details for a speedy reply).

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 

I don't think this is possible, but you may be able to make some special arrangements by asking CS_Agent nicely in a private message (you may want to include all your account details for a speedy reply).

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@dboxtvinfo715 

When you port your PM number to a home line, your PM account is closed immediately.  Unable to keep the PM account unfortunately.  

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Not officially possible. What kind of home line and who with? If not Telus or Koodo then I would totally say not.

VIP_Tech

Hi @dboxtvinfo715 

no option to do that, when you transferred out your account will be immediately close..

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Bottom line is you cant but there is some small possibility that you may be able to accomplish this with a lot of work. Don’t get your hopes up though, it will be very tricky to accomplish. Good info to know is who the provider of the land line will be and who the “owner” (what provider it originated with and is registered to) of the number you wish to transfer is.

For example, if your number IS a Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile issued number AND Telus will be your landline provider I would say you stand a reasonable possibility of accomplishing this. You would set up your order for the landline probably with a temporary number having them check that they can port in your existing number before you release it. If so then you would pick a new number from the drop down list at PM while already having Telus set to “find” your released number to assign to the new land line order.

But, if your existing number isn’t with A Telus company it just got much more difficult and maybe impossible. You may have to set up landline or a separate cell service with the original owner of the number if they WILL agree to look for the number AFTER you released it (which of course is much more dangerous) and then you stiff them after the work (not nice) by porting it to your land line provider unless they are one and the same.

ultimately you need to decide if his is really all worth it and you are still likely to run into problems and/or road blocks no matter how much effort you put into it.  JMHO  

AE_Collector

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 

What provider will be supplying the landline? If you choose telus then talking if the original provider of the current pm phone number is not a telus company then your only possible option in this scenario is to plead your case to hopefully a sympathetic CSA.

Explain that the number has to be on a landline and will be going to a newly created telus account. If and it's a big if the CSA agrees to go against pm policy I believe the process is to acquire a new unactivated sim card. The CSA transfers the pm account, plan and rewards to the account created with the new sim card and assigns a number to the newly created account.

This allows for the phone number on the old pm account to be ported out to the new landline provider. The only chance of a CSA agreeing to help is if the ported number is going to telus. That's very YMMV as it is.....do not even ask if the landline provider is the competition. Good luck. Or should I say Bonne chance?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector 

Lol....3 rewrites later after that stupid warning in red about your request cannot be completed and then shot to the request entity too large error page on google until eventually I had to clear my browser and reboot thus dang tablet! You had time to write your entire post in the time it took me to finally get back on the community!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

dboxtvinfo715

listen it can be transferred to its pre land line prior to yje transport to public from bell in montreal and will finish reading your long explanation but i will fight through i can wait --first i will keeo ypu posted 

dboxtvinfo715

buonna fortuna, yes i will need it and all i want is to not lose the 2 year loyalty with pm, also help out transfer this number to landline originating to same address with bell before we transferred to pm