Just got one today. The give away on it, is it came to the wrong e-mail address. Not the one PM has for me.
PM has three email addresses of yours.
1. internal account email address - made when you activated
2. login email address - made when you activated
3. community email address - made when you signed up here
The email you got would have been a notification email notifying you that you got a private message here in the community using 3. It doesn't show the content of the private message. You would then log in to the community and go into private messaging to see it.
1 and 2 are usually the same although can technically be different. 3 can be different from 1 and 2.
You want 3 to be the same as 1 so as to receive any earned community reward.
I see when looking at the e-mail addresses for PM and community they are the same The only difference is in my passcodes user name. Any way the information in the e-mail I received had no place to go to, gave an unavailable response.
hope PM would do something to the spammer.. like deactivate the account..
i understand they can always setup a new one.. maybe the system should post some limitation..
1. like if Community account not link with any PM account, no direct email to people other than moderators .. or other than replying..
2. or if new Community account setup less than a month, max of 5 private messages daily
Thanks for this, it's nice to have an official guideline for everyone to follow.
I got some spam before but I simply deleted those... Will Report, Ignore and Delete the one I just got 😈
Hah i feel dumb, for a minute, I thought I really won an iphone since public was giving stuff away. Thanks for the instructions, I reported 5 different spam accounts.
@Yasehtor Spam will never be gone for good.. Aniother spammer will come along. Ignore them and don't allow them to make money.