cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yasehtor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: What to do with spam in your Private Message folder

Just a suggestion from a newbie... perhaps highlighting the Report button like the other buttons on an email will make it easier for people to see and use.   I really didn't see it at first but did find it after I read where it was.  

nolongholds

Hi,

I opened the spam email but don't seem to have Report  or Delete and Reply in the message I received about a free iphone.   There is a link under the header of the spam email that starts with "Do you want your reward....."  but I'm not about to click on that to see if I get the options to report and delete.    How do I Report and Delete this email as I can't get it out of my inbox.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@nolongholds wrote:

Hi,

I opened the spam email but don't seem to have Report  or Delete and Reply in the message I received about a free iphone.   There is a link under the header of the spam email that starts with "Do you want your reward....."  but I'm not about to click on that to see if I get the options to report and delete.    How do I Report and Delete this email as I can't get it out of my inbox.

@nolongholds You do need to open the message in your inbox. Just don't click on links after that.

Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 12.26.48 PM.png

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@nolongholds : It sounds like you're just looking at your private message inbox list. To actually open the message you need to click on the subject line. Then you'll see what the above image shows. Don't worry about opening it.

nolongholds

OK thanks I did as you folks mentioned.  I wasn't sure it was safe to open the link. I reported it.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

I just got my first ever spam message so I came here to see what to do.

Of course I am almost always confused by things like the report button. (I know, I always Overthink things) Clicking the Report buttton opens a box with a field to type in that leaves me wondering:

-Am I supposed to type in instructions here?

-Am I supposed to put Moderator_Team here?

-Am I supposed to copy and paste the spam message here?

In the end I just clicked send without anything else which I think is correct. My best guess this box is if there is any additional info you wish to give along with the report. This box could easily be pre-populated with that exact instruction.

AE_Collector 

bigmouth2015
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I thought our inbox is secure and private.  Only able to receive and send messages between us and the moderator.  How could we receive spam or phishing emails?  What's our email in publicmobile community forum?  Does it mean publicmobile has been hacked and our community emails have been exposed?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@bigmouth2015 wrote:

I thought our inbox is secure and private.  Only able to receive and send messages between us and the moderator.  How could we receive spam or phishing emails?  What's our email in publicmobile community forum?  Does it mean publicmobile has been hacked and our community emails have been exposed?

@bigmouth2015 You can go into your PM's and send a message to any other user that is registered. Nothing has been hacked. I have sent and received messages to and from other users. Anyone that registers an account can send messages.

bigmouth2015
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

my parents and some of my other PM friends have received spams in their inbox recently.  How is possible that a spammer get all their emails?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@bigmouth2015 wrote:

my parents and some of my other PM friends have received spams in their inbox recently.  How is possible that a spammer get all their emails?

@bigmouth2015 If they received messages in their PM inbox, they are not emails, they are private messages. See my reply above. If they are receiving span in their "real" email accounts, that isn't a Public Mobile problem.

Need Help? Let's chat.