cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Upcoming Help Changes + Feedback

@Brooke_C wrote:
What time frame do you find most useful for our Community member leaderboard (AKA Top Bravoed Authors)? / Selon vous, quelle est la période la plus utile associée au tableau des meneurs des membres de la Communauté (auteurs les plus complimentés)?
24 hours / heures

7 days / jours

30 days (current selection) / jours (choix actuel)

6 months / mois

12 months / mois

All time / tout le temps

pollcode.com free polls

@Brooke_COther. Where is the "OTHER" vote?

Current month to match rewards cycle.

The "leaderboard" should reset each time rewards are calculated.

30 days is the closest to rewards cycle, so if you actually are not looking to improve things leave it the way it is, if you want to improve things either give us the option to customize it in our profile settings or set it to the current rewards cycle. A soon as rewards are given out- everyone has 0 on the home page. You let us customize other parts of our feed why our view of the leaderboard?

@z10user4 wrote:

Prefer none of the above...custom. If I want to see the last 4 days...enter 4. Last 23 days...enter 23.

@z10user4 this!

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think most are missing the point of the OP's question regarding the Leaderboard. As I understand the framing of the question, it is about which time frame would best be suited to providing Community Rewards to customers, not about which timeframe is useful for customer to view outside that context.

In that context, I think it actually might be good to have BOTH a 7 day and a 30 day time frame as a means of encouraging greater participation, as it would give users more immediate feedback when they are having an impact.

First, let me say that I do not believe there is a perfect approach or solution. For every solution, there will be pros and cons. 

That said, I think the use of only Leaderboard metric is very limited. The problem with it is that Bravos are not qualified. They give no sense of quality or usefulness to replies. The main thing they encourage is for other users to acknowledge a reply from someone but not much else.

I think the metric for rewards needs to be more multi-faceted, for example including the number of accepted answers, or something. Or maybe even forgetting Bravos altogeter (nooooo..... ;-) ) but using Accepted Answers or something else that better measures quality of answers.

Anyway, just some thoughts.

Well, it's not my network, so perhaps that's the issue.  I'll try later from home.

Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

using Accepted Answers or something else that better measures quality of answers.

@pm-smayer97I hope they never only consider accepted answers, because the poster usually accepts the wrong answer just to stop getting the email reminder and 99/100 solutions the person who needs help doesn't even bother to say thanks or accept as solution"

If I understand, most people with only a few posts don't know the difference between clicking "Accepted solution" on the last post, or the correct post. They are just marking this as "solved" and don't care who gets it.

@RobertQc wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

using Accepted Answers or something else that better measures quality of answers.

@pm-smayer97I hope they never only consider accepted answers, because the poster usually accepts the wrong answer just to stop getting the email reminder and 99/100 solutions the person who needs help doesn't even bother to say thanks or accept as solution"

If I understand, most people with only a few posts don't know the difference between clicking "Accepted solution" on the last post, or the correct post. They are just marking this as "solved" and don't care who gets it.

Very good point! Like I said, pros & cons.

@stonechucker

no trouble accessing the VOTE here either. ;-)

Public Mobile

@RobertQc Other options can be posted and then bravo'd by Community members. Like all the ideas- definitely keep them coming! 

Mayor / Maire

@Brooke_C wrote:

@RobertQc Other options can be posted and then bravo'd by Community members. Like all the ideas- definitely keep them coming! 

@Brooke_CThanks. Would it not be fair to redo the survey with an option for "other", that's a pretty big oversight for a poll. There are only 10 votes so far. Most who come for the survey will not scroll through the pages and read every comment or even bravo that comment if they agree with it. There are numerous members here with 100's of posts that never give bravo's.

Oracle

I like the idea of a custom timeframe, or reset everything to zero once the calendar month passes upon which the rewards are based.  If neither of those are possible, then I'd prefer to just leave things as they are.  All the timeframes are available anyway and it's not hard to access any of them.

Ideally, the user should be given these choices in their personal settings for the leaderboard:

• 24 hours / heures
  • 7 days / jours
  • 30 days / jours (default)
  • 6 months / mois
  • 12 months / mois
  • All time / tout le temps
  • Since beginning of current reward period
  • Custom
Public Mobile

@RobertQc, you bring up a good point! The reason why we didn't include 'other' is that it's  ambiguous and other could mean a lot of different things to different people. We will also be reviewing all the comments so if a Bravo is not provided to someone's post but they suggest the same idea, we will count that as well.