Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Help Changes + Feedback

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We have some insider info we’d like to share with you! In the upcoming weeks, we will be launching a new and improved Get Help page. This is a result of the feedback we received during the workshop we held with some of you last year and, before the new web pages go live, we’d love to get your support once more.

Here are the ways you can get involved:

1. Sign up by Feb 7th to Test our New Get Help Pages. We are looking for 10 Public Mobile customers to check out the new web pages and let us know what you don’t like and what you love.
  • Testing will be done online meaning anyone across Canada can get involved.
  • Testers must be able to speak English.
  • We’ll be holding testing between February 12-15 and the time commitment is only 20 minutes. That’s only a coffee break, right?
  • Feedback will be collected during the session.
  • Customers who participate will receive a $10 account credit within 30 days of completion. Cha- ching.

Depending on the number of volunteers we get, we may not be able to collect feedback from everyone. If that’s the case, we’d still like to hear from you after the pages have launched. Our goal with these changes is to make it clearer, simpler and faster for you to get and give help. We look forward to your involvement before the big reveal!

1. Vote by Feb 11 on New Leaderboard Timeframe. When we started exploring how we would create a new Get Help page we also looked at the Community, a key place where you get and give help. In particular, we looked closer at our Top Bravoed Authors board, and noticed that it’s typically the same members showing up. (You know who you are, you rockstars!)

We’d also like to see more members get involved, so you can get more $$ off your plans. To our newer or less active Community members we have some questions:

1. Does the current timeframe and corresponding bravos required to get on the leaderboard seem daunting?
  2. If the time period was shorter and you saw that you were among the top members for the day or the week, do you think that would encourage you to get more involved?
  3. Do you use the leaderboard to help determine who you might want to tag in your post to help answer your question?

Now it’s voting time! With all of this in mind, we want your opinion on the most useful Leaderboard (Top Bravoed Authors) timeframe. Vote on your preferred option below, and if you have other suggestions or ideas, please post on this thread. The last day to vote will be February 11, 2019.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Public Mobile Community Team

115 REPLIES 115

@wetcoaster wrote:

@RobertQc

So, I'm only spending an hour a month here ( if you have access to that information that is a severe breach in privacy) and don't deserve bravo's or rewards??!!?? 

One thing that you are of that opinion - you are entitled to that- but publicly accusing me of such "alternate facts" is not on.

Just for the record: usually I'm here for a combined hour or more throughout the day as my work load, breaks etc allow. In the past half a year or so I most of the time didn't bother to sign in from my phone unless I had something to contribute (or should I say when hoped to be actually fast enough to do so, just to be outdone be others in 99%). While posting from the computer I strive for quality over quantity, but being on the west coast and mainly "doing the grave yard shift" means that they usually are burried quite fast. I don't believe in repeating what has been said five times in the same thread already, so unless I have something to add that hasn't been mentioned before, put a correction in there if I see a wrong statement or am just plain slow getting my posts together I am first and foremost reading and handing out bravos.

Yes, I have never been on top of "the list", I think the closest I ever got was #4? Yes, you are, obviously, spending more time here and are ahead of me on every version of the list. Doesn't make my nearly two years of steady, quality contribution here worthless. If I'd be starting out now these kind of posts would be what would be a good way to discourage me from trying to help.

@wetcoaster

@wetcoaster wrote:

@RobertQc( if you have access to that information that is a severe breach in privacy) and don't deserve bravo's or rewards??!!?? 

Lol. It's public information. Everyone can view everyones bravos from everyone at anytime.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/kudos/userpage/user-id/23790/tab/my-kudoed-messages

I am not accusing YOU of anything. I had to choose anyone to use as an example for bravo per $. Nothing against you. You did nothing wrong.

Edited to add picture

rbavo.png

@RobertQc wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@Brooke_C Apologies in advance if these thoughts are somewhat off topic. I have been saddened by an increasing level of emphasis/discussion on rewards allocation versus participation as its own reward. Hence the folowing rather dramatic suggested changes.

A. Community Rewards Revamp

• change Oracle reward to $5 plus “earned” monthly reward
  • change top 1% to top 1% for last 6 months
  • emphasize Reward allocation is at PM’s sole discretion
  • to encourage new participants send SMS to everyone after 1, 5, 10 kudos received, or posted
  • include lounge participation in rewards allocation
  • continue making Bravos Leaderboard available

B. Monthly Top Contributors Post

• delete all reference to individual reward allocations (i.e. Oracles and top 1%). Everyone knows where they are from their account, or SMS from PM.
  • list everyone who, in the last month, has just met the following levels of lifetime participation in kudos received PLUS given
    • 50; 100; 500; 1,000; 2,000; 5,000; 10,000, 20,000+

@Luddite@pm-smayer97It all boils down at public mobile community, the more you do, the less you are valued. There is nothing wrong with your opinion. But I will share mine since this represents massive changes to fix what I say is the least important part of the problem. @Brooke_C I don't think any changes need to be made until the real issue is solved. To me it seems that out of our 400-600 monthly contributors (It says in the last 30 days there are currently 574 at the moment) there are a small handful of members that complain, most of them also complain when the sun comes out too. I have seen a larger amount of people ask about rewards and are excited by the existing system. I also see an even greater amount of people in the top contributor post say thank you and appear quite happy.

I am actually fine with how things are, but if you want to know what I think is where the system fails? As it stands public mobile rewards you the most for doing as little as possible just above 0. Somewhere between showing up to school only for lunch period and going to the library to play games on the computer.

Dec 8 oracles  5 top 1% 17 top 5%  21 top 10% 72 top 25% 104 top 50% (Meaning Last month they considered 454 people to be "contributors") I can do Jan because badges arnt out yet.

Public mobile wants participation to go up? Well give out MORE rewards. If you think about it, Public mobile gave out $758 last month for 458 people. And only $598 if you consider oracle to basically be impossible for most people. Combined time we are probably talking about 10,000 combined hours totaling $758. They want more people to come to the forum? Well then start offering them something for actually doing it. How much money do you think they save from shutting down a CALL CENTRE? And they pay more than a handful who basically live on this forum 16 hours a day in total $758? And half of those rewards go to people that make less than 10 posts a month.

Anything passed top 10% is close to 0 participation. Not even going to call out the members that have been been showing up once per month for the top contributor post and getting a reward.

Then we get some sour guss members complaining because they think someone got a couple extra bravos.. but when they already have 500+ actually hurts their $/HR $/Bravo scoresheet. Nitpicking a couple bravos here and there like it makes any difference. I think they are pointing the gun in the wrong direction. "revamp" the system however you want, it still comes down to public mobiles reward system gives out far less for your time the more you contribute. Why would anyone (I must be crazy) spend upwards of 200 hours per month for $15 when I should spend 1 hour a month for $5?

@Anonymous1000+ bravos and got $15, so thats less than 1.5 cents per bravo.

@wetcoastergets 132 bravos in Dec, got $10, thats 7.57 cents per bravo

@mh198319 bravos in Dec and got $5, so thats like 19 cents per bravo.

(sorry for using your names, but its public knowledge, and I had to use someone in those groups to give an example)

All of this hoopla over literally pennies.

@RobertQc

So, I'm only spending an hour a month here ( if you have access to that information that is a severe breach in privacy) and don't deserve bravo's or rewards??!!?? 

One thing that you are of that opinion - you are entitled to that- but publicly accusing me of such "alternate facts" is not on.

Just for the record: usually I'm here for a combined hour or more throughout the day as my work load, breaks etc allow. In the past half a year or so I most of the time didn't bother to sign in from my phone unless I had something to contribute (or should I say when hoped to be actually fast enough to do so, just to be outdone be others in 99%). While posting from the computer I strive for quality over quantity, but being on the west coast and mainly "doing the grave yard shift" means that they usually are burried quite fast. I don't believe in repeating what has been said five times in the same thread already, so unless I have something to add that hasn't been mentioned before, put a correction in there if I see a wrong statement or am just plain slow getting my posts together I am first and foremost reading and handing out bravos.

Yes, I have never been on top of "the list", I think the closest I ever got was #4? Yes, you are, obviously, spending more time here and are ahead of me on every version of the list. Doesn't make my nearly two years of steady, quality contribution here worthless. If I'd be starting out now these kind of posts would be what would be a good way to discourage me from trying to help.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wanna hear something funny - I've been here regularly for the last four months or so and I've never noticed the leaderboard before today!  Now I actually know what you guys are talking about.  Isn't that crazy!?!?  I gotta get out more.

demon1102
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
  1. Does the current timeframe and corresponding bravos required to get on the leaderboard seem daunting?Yes
  2. If the time period was shorter and you saw that you were among the top members for the day or the week, do you think that would encourage you to get more involved?Probably
  3. Do you use the leaderboard to help determine who you might want to tag in your post to help answer your question?Mods

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for your feedback and comments everyone; we'll take these thoughts and regroup.

Meanwhile, congrats to the following users for being selected in our user testing! We've reached out via private message to get your availability for next week.

@krazykiwi
@hotttollers
@nilimasaha
@bearsnuggle
@mmai
@jayz536
@Aton
@mike7095sk
@Bluesnoopy
@Namemee

@RobertQc

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 for the overall comments

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 for pointing out how some make a big hoopla over minutia that are insignificant (including some oracles).

Additional thoughts:

There is nothing majorly wrong with the current system if all PM wants to do is give out some freebies just because to encourage parcipitation in general and to use it as marketing to say they gove out freebies. But if the goal is fairness, well, there is always "more fair".

In the end as it is, it's pennies for our time, so let's not quibble.

@Luddite wrote:

@Brooke_C Apologies in advance if these thoughts are somewhat off topic. I have been saddened by an increasing level of emphasis/discussion on rewards allocation versus participation as its own reward. Hence the folowing rather dramatic suggested changes.

• to encourage new participants send SMS to everyone after 1, 5, 10 kudos received, or posted

• delete all reference to individual reward allocations (i.e. Oracles and top 1%). Everyone knows where they are from their account, or SMS from PM.
  • list everyone who, in the last month, has just met the following levels of lifetime participation in kudos received PLUS given

@Luddite@pm-smayer97It all boils down at public mobile community, the more you do, the less you are valued. There is nothing wrong with your opinion. But I will share mine since this represents massive changes to fix what I say is the least important part of the problem. @Brooke_C I don't think any changes need to be made until the real issue is solved. To me it seems that out of our 400-600 monthly contributors (It says in the last 30 days there are currently 574 at the moment) there are a small handful of members that complain, most of them also complain when the sun comes out too. I have seen a larger amount of people ask about rewards and are excited by the existing system. I also see an even greater amount of people in the top contributor post say thank you and appear quite happy.

I am actually fine with how things are, but if you want to know what I think is where the system fails? As it stands public mobile rewards you the most for doing as little as possible just above 0. Somewhere between showing up to school only for lunch period and going to the library to play games on the computer.

Dec 8 oracles  5 top 1% 17 top 5%  21 top 10% 72 top 25% 104 top 50% (Meaning Last month they considered 454 people to be "contributors") I can do Jan because badges arnt out yet.

Public mobile wants participation to go up? Well give out MORE rewards. If you think about it, Public mobile gave out $758 last month for 458 people. And only $598 if you consider oracle to basically be impossible for most people. Combined time we are probably talking about 10,000 combined hours totaling $758. They want more people to come to the forum? Well then start offering them something for actually doing it. How much money do you think they save from shutting down a CALL CENTRE? And they pay more than a handful who basically live on this forum 16 hours a day in total $758? And half of those rewards go to people that make less than 10 posts a month.

Anything passed top 10% is close to 0 participation. Not even going to call out the members that have been been showing up once per month for the top contributor post and getting a reward.

Then we get some sour guss members complaining because they think someone got a couple extra bravos.. but when they already have 500+ actually hurts their $/HR $/Bravo scoresheet. Nitpicking a couple bravos here and there like it makes any difference. I think they are pointing the gun in the wrong direction. "revamp" the system however you want, it still comes down to public mobiles reward system gives out far less for your time the more you contribute. Why would anyone (I must be crazy) spend upwards of 200 hours per month for $15 when I should spend 1 hour a month for $5?

@Anonymous1000+ bravos and got $15, so thats less than 1.5 cents per bravo.

@wetcoastergets 132 bravos in Dec, got $10, thats 7.57 cents per bravo

@mh198319 bravos in Dec and got $5, so thats like 19 cents per bravo.

(sorry for using your names, but its public knowledge, and I had to use someone in those groups to give an example)

All of this hoopla over literally pennies.

@pm-smayer97 Just couple of notes on your thoughts;

- "I believe extending the time frame to any range would actually serve as a greater deterrent / discouragement to participation because you will continue to see many of the same users in the top ranges."  On the actual reward the objective here is, in fact, to make this reward for long term contributors more stable. On the visiblity issue, top contributors still quite visible IF one looks at the leaderboard BUT they would no longer be visible on the monthly contributors page. 

- "This is easily confirmed by the early badges that new users get for their participation." If they do get a this SMS fine; not sure what SMS new(ish) contibutors receive.

- Either Lounge contributes to the well being of the Forum as a whole, or it doesn't. If it doesn't, get rid of it.

- We all can guess how PM allocates rewards; so your's is as good as anyone. As I said earlier, this is ONLY an issue if one participates FOR the Community Reward. As soon a "who get what" is removed from the Monthly Contributors Post PM's formula will become even more opaque.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite wrote:

First, I agree with the general motivation you have in presenting your angle, that of getting and rewarding more participation.

The BIG thing to consider is that PM has to rely on the functionality of this forum platform to guide their process for allocating rewards. And it appears that their process is to use the reasonably easiest method available. That is why there is a reliance on the leaderboard. Any other statistics or metrics for PM to use would require more effort to gather, or may not even be possible given the limitations of the forum.

From the level of sophistication I have seen from PM on this topic and many other areas (e.g. self-serve), I think that will be the biggest obstacle to overcome. It would be interesting to see how much effort PM is willing to extend to refine the Community Rewards program.

A few comments:

• "change top 1% to top 1% for last 6 months"

I believe extending the time frame to any range would actually serve as a greater deterrent / discouragement to participation because you will continue to see many of the same users in the top ranges.

• "to encourage new participants send SMS to everyone after 1, 5, 10 kudos received, or posted"

This forum already does this, though the number may be different (I have not double-checked). This is easily confirmed by the early badges that new users get for their participation.

• "include lounge participation in rewards allocation"

How does general chatting in the Lounge benefit the community in general, at least from a Rewards perspective? Shouldn't rewards be tied to contribution to helping other customers? After all that is the primary reason for this forum.

• "list everyone who, in the last month, has just met the following levels of lifetime participation in kudos received PLUS given"

Though I do not think adding the high end earners would be encouraging to new users, I think you may be on to something to actually highlight LOW end users reaching certain targets. So I see some merit there.

But like I have said before, I think the biggest issue is the 100% reliance on Bravos received because it still does not take any measure of the value of those Bravos and hence replies. 

BUT for PM, this is the lowest hanging fruit for them ON THIS PLATFORM to base their community rewards on, and that is why they use that metric. The point being that any alternative solution will probably also have to be easy enough to implement or they are not likely to do anything.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@

Right. So what's the point of the poll? If you want to see whichever set term then you can select it in settings or open the list and flip around looking at the set terms.

Maybe the poll simply could have asked...which set term for the home page do you prefer for a default?

My answer was none of the above.

@Anonymous maybe they want to change the default view.  I really didn't know I could change view till the other day when I was exploring many of the preferences. Probably many people don't know they can change the default view.  We  will have to wait and see what happens.  Many interesting points have been brought forward. Hopefully PM will look and consider some of the various ideas.

temmyctt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just as what was mentioned.. Currently, we have a choice to choose the time period ourselves, I don't see the reason why it should be restricted to only one option. Instead, I like the idea to have our own customization for the Community homepage. Another question asked was: "Do you use the leaderboard to help determine who you might want to tag in your post to help answer your question?" ^ Actually not. There is a lot of users who answer questions. As long as the problem gets solved, that's all I care.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

As an experiment i changed my leaderboard default  view from 30 days to 24 hours. I kind of like it.

It does show top bravoed person at 51 bravos,  which is kind of daunting in itself. But i think it nice as it is a little more dynamic. 

Right. So what's the point of the poll? If you want to see whichever set term then you can select it in settings or open the list and flip around looking at the set terms.

Maybe the poll simply could have asked...which set term for the home page do you prefer for a default?

My answer was none of the above.

mimmo

As an experiment i changed my leaderboard default  view from 30 days to 24 hours. I kind of like it.

It does show top bravoed person at 51 bravos,  which is kind of daunting in itself. But i think it nice as it is a little more dynamic. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's the leaderboard that is of so much concern then just looking at it now I see all of 5 of the 8 positions on the list taken up by Oracles, one retired Oracle (granted only known by the avatar) and two regular folks.

The Oracle position is by appointment only. It's basically unreachable. Yet it gets marketed on the site as getting rewards up to $20. This is not true. Regular folks can only attain $15.

Maybe the list should filter the Oracles and show just regular folk. Drill down and they can show in the list. Fine. Maybe that would show people that the leaderboard is reachable if it's only regular folks on it.

They can get all their recognition in the Top Contributors post, the gold star, the bold name and their guaranteed $20.

Edit: Yes I made a couple little alterations/additions to this post as of 10:30am ET

@popping wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

Customers in almost every case do not say thanks, often do no answer your questions, do not quote you, when you are trying to help them, get mad at you for trying to help, mark jibberish as the solution, post requiring immediate and urgent help then vanish for days, come back and say no one is helping then in a new topic while trying to explain why they don't have to restart their phone, because restarting can't fix their special issue. All the while if you consider the time to reward of making pennies per hour, one of the only satisfactions left around here is seeing that little notification saying someone bravo'd your post and time you take to read other peoples great answers letting them know, they also did a good job, bravo to them.

That is one of, if not, the most experienced, observational paragraph I have read here in some time.

That was a marvel to wake up to.

Thanks

Don't forget that lovely little green check 🙂

I agree.  People asked the questions and don't stay around for the solution.  It makes us spend more time just to stay around longer to help them.

just keep in mind that any answers can sometimes benefit other that have the same issue/question.

popping

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

Customers in almost every case do not say thanks, often do no answer your questions, do not quote you, when you are trying to help them, get mad at you for trying to help, mark jibberish as the solution, post requiring immediate and urgent help then vanish for days, come back and say no one is helping then in a new topic while trying to explain why they don't have to restart their phone, because restarting can't fix their special issue. All the while if you consider the time to reward of making pennies per hour, one of the only satisfactions left around here is seeing that little notification saying someone bravo'd your post and time you take to read other peoples great answers letting them know, they also did a good job, bravo to them.

That is one of, if not, the most experienced, observational paragraph I have read here in some time.

Thanks

I agree.  People asked the questions and don't stay around for the solution.  It makes us spend more time just to stay around longer to help them.

canadave
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  1. Does the current timeframe and corresponding bravos required to get on the leaderboard seem daunting?
  2. If the time period was shorter and you saw that you were among the top members for the day or the week, do you think that would encourage you to get more involved?

For me, the answer is "yes" to both questions.

Chanah
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm confused. Pretty neutral on the bravos thing, and not sure how it would encourage community participation. As it stands, if people are around, there are likely to be five answers to a question (or one answer with five different wordings) in pretty short order. Those, I wouldn't bother to add another answer to because....why? Or is that what you want?

I usually keep pretty odd hours, so if there's an unanswered question and I know the answer, sure, I'll do it. But I don't see the point to adding another answer to a row of answers. Make sense? Or is that what you want so that people will get a couple dollars off their phone bill? 

What am I missing here?

@ShawnC13  &  @Brooke_C

Assuming there is a limit a SERIOUS change I will propose

LIMIT 1 BRAVO PER USER PER DAY

In other words, if ShawnC13 bravos my post here, and then bravos another post elsewhere, the system ONLY gives me 1 point

This would eliminate 99% of cheating and seriously is there any valid reason certain members need to bravo 10 replies in same thread by same author?

I think not

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

The whole idea here is to find a way to allow new users to get involved in the community. When they see how the bravo system works and take a look at the current leaderboards, they would freak out when they see someone crossing 1000 bravos within the past 30 days. Heck i would run away from it if i were to start over again. For this reason, i would have to agree that either disable leaderboards or show a list of top contributors (usernames) only and not the bravo count.

At the same time, add a limit to how many bravos you can give based on the status (i.e. Mayors can give out 50 per day). I have my own reasons for this which i would not like to elaborate at this time Smiley Tongue

I don't know. When I arrived here last May I saw a group of names with incredible numbers. It didn't deter me. I saw it as something to aspire to. Putting in WAY more time than it's worth it seems I managed to get there. It doesn't take a lot of time to get the rewards. But what's wrong with recognizing those high acheivers?

I could agree not to show the Bravo count on the leaderboard. I think the leaderboard of some sort is good to keep around though.

I will wholeheartedly disagree with limiting Bravos. Seems awfully undemocratic.

There already is a limit of bravos.  It used to be around 50 but was raised.  I don't think it is undemocratic.  I think of it as a budget and you only have so many in a day to give out you are going to choose wisely.  Aother forum I am on has the same thing with "Reputation" points where they are liited to the number you can give out each day.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@Brooke_C

Serious reply

Eliminate the bravo leaderboard

Totally

At best all it is currently doing is enticing members to cheat / pad total / shill

At worst it surely is discouraging people from posting (I mean why bother if a new poster comes on gets 1 solution but others are spamming the same solution as quickly as possible in order to maximize bravo counts)

All the senior posters know bravo are not sole metric for earning rewards

I argue the monthly rewards posts you make are far more likely to attract new posters, esp if you guys call out people who are either A) new-ish on rankings B) making significant gains in levels

(*maybe keep bravo boards hidden as an option so oracles etc can still see and watch for obvious cheating etc)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

I wonder if with a little more motivation you might have cracked 1200 bravos in a 30 day period. 

But...I did. 🙂

That was altogether way too much for me.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

Thanks

@Anonymous wrote:

Apparently, I'm either stingy with my bravos or I'm not fast enough to have seen any of those giant red notices that RobertQc so helpfully posted. I've somehow managed to be somewhere near the top for a while now. That doesn't come from ME bravo-ing...it comes from my spending WAY too much time spent posting way too many times that I can hardly avoid getting bravo's from all the newer, appreciative customers that I might help. And the regulars here who might happen to agree with something I said.

So it turns out that there are limits. There we go. I'm done with my part of this discussion.

+1!  It is incontrovertible that getting to the top of the leaderboard, regardless of how it is fudged, requires dedication.  If a member needs some form of optical illusion to jack up the participation, there is little hope of being well positioned in the rankings.  I wonder if with a little more motivation you might have cracked 1200 bravos in a 30 day period. 

@RobertQc, maybe you should try to estimate the bravos rate per unit time actually spent in the forum.  That is a measure of efficiency. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Apparently, I'm either stingy with my bravos or I'm not fast enough to have seen any of those giant red notices that RobertQc so helpfully posted. I've somehow managed to be somewhere near the top for a while now. That doesn't come from ME bravo-ing...it comes from my spending WAY too much time spent posting way too many times that I can hardly avoid getting bravo's from all the newer, appreciative customers that I might help. And the regulars here who might happen to agree with something I said.

So it turns out that there are limits. There we go. I'm done with my part of this discussion.

@AnonymousYou are not stingy. it is a limit, but probably closer to levels of protecting sanity. If I read more than 100 good posts that I bravo in an hour it means I need to take a break and go outside lol. As for an actual limit 100 bravo per hour, means you can give out 2400 bravo's per day? I bet there is a daily limit but I doubt 2400, the same way you could give out 20 every minute to get 1200 in an hour but the flood is 100 per hour. If there is all I know for sure is its higher than 100hr. Kind of want to find out if there is one but can you spell carpal syndrome?

I don't really consider the "bravo flood" to be any limitation. In my entire time here I have given out 4208 bravo's in roughly 13.5 months so that works out to around 10 bravo's per day. The other day I had received about 150 bravo's. I pulled a triple shift, I was here all day. If there was a maximum you could get for a certain time period (say a day) would the high rollers have stuck around all day? Or is it log in for 20 minutes, get maximum of 10 daily bravos log out come back in 24 hours. Repeat.

If you could only get / give X of those per day, I would not be receiving or giving nearly the current gratification level I am getting/giving now. Of course this doesn't matter much to the bravo sticklers, there are some long term members that give out almost 0 bravo's in their entire time here. Part of it to me is supporting other contributors. Maybe a bravo limit would help some of us stop spending so much darn time here. Maybe its a good thing. Max us out each at 10 bravos per day and see how many top contributors sit there refreshing the new posts section over and over ready to answer questions with carefully thought out, well written, detailed answers once they hit their daily limit.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

I too  beleive that Community members want to see bravos totals for the current caldendar month, and not for past 30 days, although I have selected 30 days because that's the closest, which is already the default when checking the leader board.

@computergeek541Calender month, or review period? The calculation (magic forumula) on rewards is done during review period, not at 12:01am on the 1st? After the review period is completed, then the pm staff starts working on the article/mspaint of our names.

"Community Rewards are reviewed between the 1st and 6th of every month, and applied to your account after the review period on your payment due date. If your payment due date is during the review period, your Rewards will be applied on your next payment due date."

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

We've talked about this before.  My gut is telling me that it is calendar months, but I suspect that Public is likely never going to tell us.  And, is there really a review, or is it an automated computer script?  If it's automated, there really isn't any reason for there to be the fluctuation in dates betwen the 1st and 6th. 

While it may be a script that pulls the data together for PM to use, the actual posting of the Top Contributors and the posting of the rewards in customer accounts is very clearly a manual process, that is evidenced by the many errors that keep showing up month after month.

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Brooke_C can you please confirm the intent of this poll? It seems that responses are conflating 2 different issues; one being on what period should rewards be based vs what period should customer be able to see on the Leaderboard.

Reading answers seem to focus more on the second rather than the first, or are mixing the two together, making the interpretation of responses more confusing.

EDIT:  I just saw this other post of yours.  It looks like you're under the impression that this poll is to determine the timeframe upon which the rewards are based.  This poll is merely to determine which leaderboard view is most desirable, in order to encourage participation.  Window dressing, in other words, which is why some here are saying there are more important things to focus on.  Personally, I think the way things are is fine too, but if there are changes going to be made to the leaderboard, then this is how I'd like it to change.

Not if you read the rest of the OP, which also states:

" We’d also like to see more members get involved, so you can get more $$ off your plans. To our newer or less active Community members we have some questions:

3. Do you use the leaderboard to help determine who you might want to tag in your post to help answer your question?"

That is what I am asking clarification because the above implies a different purpose. And because some are therefore answering with one understanding, and some with another.

@srlawren wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

I like the idea of ... reset[ing] everything to zero once the calendar month passes upon which the rewards are based. 

But that is exactly how it works now, though you may not realize it. Since Community Rewards are based on a monthly review, presumaly on or very close the same date every month, the 30 day filter shows only the last 30 days. So whenever PM is reviewing the counts, they are only seeing the last 30 days. 

@pm-smayer97 I'm pretty sure it's a floating window, not tied to a reward month.  You see today plus the previous 29 days.  If you look again tomorrow, you get a different 30 days, and so on.

That is correct. BUT the point is that when the community rewards are being assessed, they are always done around the same time each month, hence they only see the last 30 days form that time. So, they will only see the last NEW 30 days. This has the same effect as resetting it all to zero for the next month. 

So what you see is the progression. What PM sees is one point in time, the same time, every time. 

HTH.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote: 

I think the metric for rewards needs to be more multi-faceted, for example including the number of accepted answers, or something. Or maybe even forgetting Bravos altogeter (nooooo..... 😉 ) but using Accepted Answers or something else that better measures quality of answers.

Anyway, just some thoughts.

This is already part of the calculation I am sure.  The issue here is we have people who start a thread and then select their own post as the solution.

By the own admission by the mods it is not.

srlawren

I have to admit, I'm the reason the daily and bravo flood limits are as high as they are now.

Many here were not around yet at the time, back wayyy back at the end of 2016 and spilling well into 2017, the community was in a full out nuclear meltodwn.  The immensely populat 2016 Fall Promo ran during the I think part of Nov and Dec of 2016, and the massive spike in activations and ports served to 1) overload/overwhelm PM's systems, 2) make VERY apparent a number of bugs that were otherwise manageable, and most importantly 3) MASSIVELY clog up the moderator support queue with requests.  People were waiting a week or more for help and were coming to post about it.  People were coming with questions about how plans work, details of the promo plan, could they keep it after the promo ended, how much would it be after the promo ended, etc.  There was about a dozen questions that kept getting asked over and over and over and over becuase people were in a hurry to get in on the plan and rather than trying to read through threads that were dozens of pages long to see if their question was already answered, they'd just ask it again.  And so on.

The upshot of this lengthy description above (which really doesn't properly capture just how horribly bad things really were--and as I say this spilled well into early 2017, long after the promo expired).  Back then, there were probably 1 or 2 dozen communtiy members--and apolgoies to every one of you in advance because I've repressed most of those memories and can't remember who all it was--that were on the communtiy day and night and trying to help literally what must have been thousands of people with these requests.  In an effort to thank them, I was handing out bravo's left, right, and centre to anyone helping, and I was repeatedly running into the bravo flood limits and daily limits. I requested to our previous PM community head honcho guy @Jeremy_M and asked to have it raised.  He was gracious enough to do so.  It would seem now maybe in retrospect that was a bad idea?  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.