cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Upcoming Help Changes + Feedback

I think the current leaderboard system is fine.

I prefer PM spend the money to bullet-prove the self-serve system like the password reset, plan feature provisioning code etc.

Mayor / Maire

@Brooke_C wrote:

@RobertQc, you bring up a good point! The reason why we didn't include 'other' is that it's  ambiguous and other could mean a lot of different things to different people. We will also be reviewing all the comments so if a Bravo is not provided to someone's post but they suggest the same idea, we will count that as well. 

@Brooke_CIt doesn't have to be ambiguous.

poll-preview.png

Without "other", most will choose what is best out of your selection, and might not make their suggestion. I think this is a flawed way to look for improvement if thats the goal here. Its just a way to select what your already give us but without having to go to the bravo leaderboard saving 1 less click.  There is no way to see the current cycle without going into your bravo history and counting the bravo's from each posts going back by date which is extremely time consuming and inaccurate when forum searchers find your very old posts helpful and bravo them and

At the moment, there should be at least 2 other choices on this poll. They are not ambiguous and should be added to the poll.

1) "matches rewards cycle"

2) "custom" (Public Mobile Community: My settings : Home page)

Every user should have it exactly how they want. No one solution is for everyone, but with a "custom" feature, everyone could get what they want, including it exactly the way it already is.

@SD08 wrote:

Ideally, the user should be given these choices in their personal settings for the leaderboard:

• 24 hours / heures
  • 7 days / jours
  • 30 days / jours (default)
  • 6 months / mois
  • 12 months / mois
  • All time / tout le temps
  • Since beginning of current reward period
  • Custom

@SD08 I didn't see this till after my post, but I agree to this.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@SD08 wrote:

I like the idea of ... reset[ing] everything to zero once the calendar month passes upon which the rewards are based. 

But that is exactly how it works now, though you may not realize it. Since Community Rewards are based on a monthly review, presumaly on or very close the same date every month, the 30 day filter shows only the last 30 days. So whenever PM is reviewing the counts, they are only seeing the last 30 days. 

Another way to understand this is that the oldest Bravos are rolled off (and fall into the other time period buckets).

Bottom line is that this has the exact same effect as reseting everything to zero. You just do not see the final effect until the 30 days have passed. 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

I think most are missing the point of the OP's question regarding the Leaderboard. As I understand the framing of the question, it is about which time frame would best be suited to providing Community Rewards to customers, not about which timeframe is useful for customer to view outside that context.

In that context, I think it actually might be good to have BOTH a 7 day and a 30 day time frame as a means of encouraging greater participation, as it would give users more immediate feedback when they are having an impact.

First, let me say that I do not believe there is a perfect approach or solution. For every solution, there will be pros and cons. 

That said, I think the use of only Leaderboard metric is very limited. The problem with it is that Bravos are not qualified. They give no sense of quality or usefulness to replies. The main thing they encourage is for other users to acknowledge a reply from someone but not much else.

I think the metric for rewards needs to be more multi-faceted, for example including the number of accepted answers, or something. Or maybe even forgetting Bravos altogeter (nooooo..... ;-) ) but using Accepted Answers or something else that better measures quality of answers.

Anyway, just some thoughts.

@Brooke_C can you please confirm the intent of this poll? It seems that responses are conflating 2 different issues; one being on what period should rewards be based vs what period should customer be able to see on the Leaderboard.

Reading answers seem to focus more on the second rather than the first, or are mixing the two together, making the interpretation of responses more confusing.

Mayor / Maire

Setting the default time range is in My Settings/Preferences/Bravos. fyi

Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

I like the idea of ... reset[ing] everything to zero once the calendar month passes upon which the rewards are based. 

But that is exactly how it works now, though you may not realize it. Since Community Rewards are based on a monthly review, presumaly on or very close the same date every month, the 30 day filter shows only the last 30 days. So whenever PM is reviewing the counts, they are only seeing the last 30 days. 

@pm-smayer97 I'm pretty sure it's a floating window, not tied to a reward month.  You see today plus the previous 29 days.  If you look again tomorrow, you get a different 30 days, and so on.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

@popping wrote:

I think the current leaderboard system is fine.

I prefer PM spend the money to bullet-prove the self-serve system like the password reset, plan feature provisioning code etc.

@popping hear hear!  Agree 100,000%.

EDIT: stated another way:  make it so that people don't need to get help as often, by improving the back-end systems in place.  Also: where is the ticketing system???  Is this part of the new Get Help page?  I sure hope so!  cc: @Brooke_C @Alan_K

Re-EDIT:  ideally, this community would be virtually silent.   This would indicate that the activation, porting, renewal, password reset, etc. processes were all working at near 100%, and that new customers could easily find clear explanations of all the info they need to understand what they are and aren't getting prior to signing up.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Oracle

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

Another way to understand this is that the oldest Bravos are rolled off (and fall into the other time period buckets).

Bottom line is that this has the exact same effect as reseting everything to zero. You just do not see the final effect until the 30 days have passed. 

@pm-smayer97

Actually, the rewards are based on each calendar month from the 1st to the 30th (or 31st), not the last 30 days, so it would be useful to view only qualified bravos from the current reward period.  The way the current leaderboard works is, it shows the last 30 days of bravos even if half of it is from the previous month and the other half is from the current month.  

For example, if the current date is Feb 15, the leader board will be showing bravos from Jan.17-Feb.15.  When I say resetting, I mean the leaderboard should have the capability of showing Feb.1-15 when viewing it on Feb.15, which it is not able to show currently.

And yes, I realize the point of this poll is to find the most useful leaderboard for encouraging people to get involved in the community, as per the OP.  If the broadest choices (including custom) are enabled, then one choice does not have to exclude the other, and everyone can find a setting that achieves the result desired in the OP.

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Brooke_C can you please confirm the intent of this poll? It seems that responses are conflating 2 different issues; one being on what period should rewards be based vs what period should customer be able to see on the Leaderboard.

Reading answers seem to focus more on the second rather than the first, or are mixing the two together, making the interpretation of responses more confusing.

EDIT:  I just saw this other post of yours.  It looks like you're under the impression that this poll is to determine the timeframe upon which the rewards are based.  This poll is merely to determine which leaderboard view is most desirable, in order to encourage participation.  Window dressing, in other words, which is why some here are saying there are more important things to focus on.  Personally, I think the way things are is fine too, but if there are changes going to be made to the leaderboard, then this is how I'd like it to change.

Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

Setting the default time range is in My Settings/Preferences/Bravos. fyi

@z10user4Right, so whats the point of this poll then, if not to suggest change / new features? No matter the outcome with the way the poll is set up even if everyone in the poll selects 7 day, you could just go in and change it back to 30 days.

Oracle

"we want your opinion on the most useful Leaderboard (Top Bravoed Authors) timeframe."

a) current timeframe for all but top 1%

b) top 1% should be based on last 6 months not 30 days

EDIT: I'm obviously confused as on a more careful reading I think the question is "What should be showing on the Leaderboard that's visible on the landing page to encourage participation by newcomers?". If so I suggest it be bravos in last 7 days to anyone NOT receiving a Community Reward the previous month.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.