cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing some love to our customers with 1 GB of data, on us!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

What a hectic week full of exciting updates and improvements! We know there’s been a ton of change this past week, and we want to make sure that our longer tenured customers don’t feel left out! 

Even though our look and feel has changed, we’re continuing to focus on being customer-first. Thanks for hanging in there with us, and we hope you’re ready to grow together with us because we love having you here! 🙂 Whether you’re a long-time Community guru, or someone who just joined a month ago, we’re for you.

That’s why we’re excited to share a public display of affection with customers who were with Public Mobile since before our big brand refresh (more eligibility details below), as a token of our appreciation.

What’s up for grabs:

• $0 1 GB bonus data Add-On
  • Does not expire until fully consumed
  • The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 4G LTE Speed. 

Eligibility criteria:

• Bonus Data Add-On will be automatically applied to customer accounts that were activated as of August 19, 11:59 PM ET or before
  • Account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019.
  • If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On.

How to claim your data:

• No action required- on August 23rd, eligible customers will receive an SMS from Public Mobile confirming you’re on the list!
  • Bonus Data Add-Ons will be applied within 2 weeks of receiving the confirmation SMS. Note: Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.
  • Once it’s been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation SMS. 

Happy net surfing!

-Public Mobile Community Team

632 REPLIES 632

BLD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

But I already got the message that it has been added. Doesn't that mean that it is already on my phone and ready to use? I checked all settings and there's nothing blocking it from being available.

rocky

What did you do to my phone I can't make calls when I try it says talk is not in my plan Fix it A.S.P If it's not fixed soon I'II be cancelling  my service today enough with you company

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Both my accounts received the 1GB this morning. Thanks again!

balki420
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thorough response Dunkman.  People will appreciate that for sure!  Good job.

balki420

For those who are impatient...  Have patience, it takes some time to be applied, but does come, as the original message started.  Good luck, and thanks PM.  Nice to see retention perks for existing customers.

TheMark
Great News!

wildstreak73

Thank you for thing about us! 

@BLD 

You might want to start your own thread to get better visibility.  

Which model phone do you have?  Make sure to turn on your data.  Reboot phone.  Maybe toggle airplane mode on, wait a few minutes and toggle off. 

Check your APN Settings to make sure that it matches the following:

Name: Public Mobile

APN: sp.mb.com

Proxy: Leave blank

Port: Leave blank

Username: Leave blank

Password: Leave blank

Server: Leave blank

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18

MMS port: 80

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

Authentication type: Leave blank

APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

Bearer: Unspecified

MVNO type: GID

MVNO value: 4D4F

Maybe try network reset. 

BLD

I got the message that PM has given me 1GB of data, it is showing on my account, but not working on my phone. Says 'host not found,' every time I try to access it.

This is greeeeat!, Thank you so much, not a lot of companies are giving gift to current customers!

The "1GB Promo" add-on appeared on my account without any effort on my part - it'll probably never get used but it's a $30 value, lol! - thank you Public Mobile. Smiley Happy

teazle

If you read Alan K’s first note in this string it provides a good description of this free offer and answers most questions.

@liban961 wrote:

Hi

i think public mobile offered me 1GB DATA for 1 month free? thank you.....but not sure..i dont use  wifi outside home,,  so  i dont want public mobile to renew it later  and  charge me more $$ for 1 gb...thank you

It's not for one month. It's one-time and lasts for as long as it takes to use up (if your account is still open).  Add-ons don't renew on their own.

liban961

Hi

i think public mobile offered me 1GB DATA for 1 month free? thank you.....but not sure..i dont use  wifi outside home,,  so  i dont want public mobile to renew it later  and  charge me more $$ for 1 gb...thank you

Nancy-1981

I've only recently joined Public Mobile and this has been a wonderful bonus! So far, I'm very satisfied with my switch! 😊

@madziara166 wrote:

Hi there

I didn't recive message and I should be eligble? What do I do?

@madziara166   You don't need to do anything right now.  Wait until Sept 4th to see if the free data gets added to your account. 

If it doesn't only then contact Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

madziara166

Hi there

I didn't recive message and I should be eligble? What do I do?

teazle

OK.  Good.  Thanks to all for the useful responses.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@teazle wrote:

I’m surprised by the very high number of posts asking the same questions over and over again, most of which were addressed in Alan K’s original message. I get copied on each one, sometime 20-30 a day or more, which I then have to delete.  Is there any way to stop clogging up my email this way without shutting off important communications from PM itself?

@teazle  If you want to limit volume of e-mail from this particularly active topic, you can unsubscribe from this topic only.  There is an option in the drop-down menu at the top of this thread:

PMC_UnsubscribeFromTopic.jpg

You'll still get notifications for other threads in which you've participated, or when someone mentions you with a tag, unless you've turned those off in your personal settings as well.  

@computergeek541 wrote:

@teazle wrote:

I’m surprised by the very high number of posts asking the same questions over and over again, most of which were addressed in Alan K’s original message. I get copied on each one, sometime 20-30 a day or more, which I then have to delete.  Is there any way to stop clogging up my email this way without shutting off important communications from PM itself?

Unfortunately, not everyone will see the first message or read it in its entirety.  There's also the factor of some possibly believing thay threads such as this are a good place to increase their post counts. Your options are to either unsubscribe to this thread or to turn all e-mail notifications off.  If you're a regular particpating Community member, it usually doesn't take long to realize that you don't need to receive 50 Community notification e-mail messagses every single time someone replies or edits a message post.

Or just filter them right at the receiving point, there is couple of standard titles, doesn't take too much time to set up and you don't have to fiddle with each post you replied to

@teazle wrote:

Unfortunately, not everyone will see the first message or read it in its entirety.  There's also the factor of some possibly believing thay threads such as this are a good place to increase their post counts. Your options are to either unsubscribe to this thread or to turn all e-mail notifications off.  If you're a regular particpating Community member, it usually doesn't take long to realize that you don't need to receive 50 Community notification e-mail messagses every single time someone replies or edits a message post.

Pound
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Not sure if you'll receive an alert when it is fully consumed, but you don't need to worry about overage because evething with Public Mobile is pre-paid. There won't be any overage. 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@nickp75  everything is done automatically, the link is only see about it! 

Maple98
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@nickp75 wrote:

my son keeps getting these messages to add free love of 1 g but do we need to click on the link?

@nickp75 - you don’t need to click the link. It is automatic. If the message indicated it’s been added already, you can log in to his Self Serve account & you should see the 1gb Promo applied. 

AllyS

This is great!  Thanks.  Will we get a notification when the 1 GB has been used or does it just get cut off?  I am just concerned about going over and then getting charged for it.

nickp75

how do we accept.. doesnt seem to be automatic..

nickp75

my son keeps getting these messages to add free love of 1 g but do we need to click on the link?

JacobWall

Thanks! I just noticed the same thing. Helps to read everything more carefully...

@JacobWall  on the announcement it says it will be put on the account by next Friday so there's still a week!  I have 7 accounts and it took 3 different days to get some of them 

JacobWall

I just saw in the rest of the discussion that we need to wait till Sept 4 - so disregard my message below!

---

Hi - I didn't get this promotion 😢. My wife, who registered at the same time (some time in July) on the same plan, did get it. I assume it must be a mistake - hopefully. Thanks for any help.

Need Help? Let's chat.