cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONTEST NOW CLOSED- Let’s Celebrate Change, it’s Favourite Thing About Fall Day!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Public Mobile Branding Refresh on Community Assets_DESIGN_Sep_v1_Jul23.png

Hey Community,

Goodbye summer, it’s been swell! Thanks for the pool parties and the tan but now we say hello to fall. If cozy was a season, it would be fall. There’s no better time of year to curl up with a good book, a hot cup of tea, and gaze out the window at the trees. Plus, it’s when Halloween and Thanksgiving, arguably the two best holidays, happen. Here are four reasons why fall might be our favourite season: 

1. The Outdoors are Drop Dead Gorgeous

We dare you to name a prettier time of year than when trees turn from green to brown, yellow, and orange. There’s no need for Netflix when you can binge-watch this foliage. 

2. The Food is Nap-Inducing  

The food this time of year is so good you have to pass out after eating it. We’re talking turkey, stuffing, gravy, pumpkin pie…even listing these foods is making us sleepy. 

3. Warm Drinks Galore

Speaking of food, let’s talk about the drinks. Fall is the best time of year to sip hot chocolate, warm apple cider, or tea. It’s the perfect contrast for that crisp fall breeze. 

4. Back-to-School Season 

There is a magical element to Back-to-School season that you can’t simply ignore. The pure nostalgia of starting a new school year leaves us with fond memories and brings an aura of new beginnings in the air. 

Now we want to hear your favourite thing about fall! Comment below by 12 PM ET on September 10 and tell us what you love most about the fall season. To help spice up your fall wardrobe, we will select three winners at random who will receive a $50 gift card to Cadillac Fairview. Now go outside and watch the leaves change! Contest runs September 3 to September 10, 2019. Read Contest Rules before entering.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Contest Rules

Spoiler

Public Mobile Favourite Thing About Fall Day Contest
CONTEST RULES

1. HOW TO ENTER & ELIGIBILITY
    No Purchase Necessary.  To enter entrants must share their favourite thing about Fall on the Public Mobile Community post. Only one entry per person accepted.  No other form of participation is accepted.  In the event of a dispute on the entrant identity, the person who is the holder of the email address specified on the online form will be deemed to be the entrant.

If your entry contains a person, other than the entrant, by entering the contest, you state that you have obtained consent from everyone in the photo. If your photo contains a minor (under the age of 18) parental or legal guardian consent is required.

Contest runs September 3 to September 10, 2019 at 12:00pm ET.

An Entry will be considered void and removed from the Community post if it contains subject matter that, in the opinion of the contest administrators, may violate community standards or is otherwise of questionable taste.

To be eligible, an entrant must be an existing Public Mobile customer and entry must be received on or before end of contest closing date and time. Entrants must be a Canadian resident who are 13 years of age or older and must be a member of the Public Mobile online Community. Contest not open to employees of TELUS Corporation, its affiliated companies or subsidiaries, its sales agents, its advertising and promotional agencies, and members with whom they are domiciled.  By accepting these Contest Rules, entrants agree that any and all liability related to this contest by TELUS is limited to the value of the Prize(s) as defined hereinafter.

1. THE PRIZE
    There will be three (3) prizes awarded. Each winner will receive the following prize:

One (1) Cadillac Fairview $50 Gift Card

Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded and with no substitutions, is/are not transferable unless set out in the Contest Rules and cannot be exchanged with Public Mobile for cash. Public Mobile reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of equivalent value if such prize becomes unavailable for any reason.  The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.

1. THE DRAW
    A random draw for all Prizes will take place at the Public Mobile office located at 25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario on or about September 10 at 12:00PM ET by a TELUS representative. Selected entrants will be notified on the Public Mobile Community. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within two (2) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet any of the contest requirements, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
    In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer unaided a mathematical skill-testing question and will be required to sign a standard release form. If the selected entrant is under the age of majority in his/her province of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must read and accept these Contest Rules.  Failure to answer the skill-testing question correctly, comply with the Contest Rules or sign and return the release form within two (2) days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected until the Prize is awarded. Prize will be delivered to a Canadian address of the winner’s choice within (7) business days after prize has been awarded.

2. PRIVACY
    By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph, voice and/or image for publicity purposes in all media used by Public Mobile, without payment or compensation. Entrants agree to TELUS’ use of the entrants’ personal information that may include contacting you regarding limited time offers, promotional offers and/or surveys. Full details are as described in Public Mobiles’ privacy policy located at publicmobile.ca/termsofservice.

1. QUEBEC RESIDENTS

Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.

1. OTHER
    All entries become the property of Public Mobile. Public Mobile assumes no responsibility for lost, damaged or misdirected entries during the contest period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software and failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Public Mobile on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or failure of handset or mobile web browser. Public Mobile reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest without prior notice. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered, tampered with, not in accordance with Community standards or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in an manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of his/her entries will be disqualified. Entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
92 REPLIES 92

@luke11992 wrote:

The gift card just came in yesterday, thanks PM!

Woohoo congrats on the win.

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The gift card just came in yesterday, thanks PM!

itchyfeet01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Alan_K wrote:

Congrats to @dna2016 , @luke11992 and @Tiprix for winning this month's contest! Hope you'll put your prizes to good use on your next shopping trip!

Congratulations to all three winners! Enjoy your shopping spree!

dac13

Congrats to winners!  Happy shopping!

samanthaburton

Congratulations! Amazing @danielj @Alan_K @CrankyAvocado 

Looking forward to the next contest

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Congratulations @dna2016 , @luke11992 and @Tiprix !

dickwong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Congrat to the winners.

CrankyAvocado

Congrats @dna2016 , @luke11992 and @Tiprix !

dna2016

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSmiley LOL

Not often I win in a random draw.  Thanks PM, really appreciate everything you do and continue to do for existing customers.  Not like other companies that only like us when we sign up, and then once we're in the system they treat us like cattle.  PM continues to keep existing customers in mind.

Alan_K

Congrats to @dna2016 , @luke11992 and @Tiprix for winning this month's contest! Hope you'll put your prizes to good use on your next shopping trip!

Alan_K

@mimmo wrote:

@Alan_K  thanks for the update.  looking forward to the next one. 

if you need an idea,  chatr is running a nice one worth copying 🙂 now that would be a competitive responce i would welcome 🙂

Smiley Embarassed

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K  thanks for the update.  looking forward to the next one. 

if you need an idea,  chatr is running a nice one worth copying 🙂 now that would be a competitive responce i would welcome 🙂

Alan_K

@Jb456 wrote:

So who are the lucky 3 winners?

Hi everyone,

Due to a lack of response for one of the winners, I'm reaching out to a new winner and so the announcement for all 3 winners (once they accept and fill their form) will be delayed slightly.

Thanks!

Alan

Lucian_G
Customer Support Agent

Hello @Jb456!

I have verified the conditions of the contest:"In order for the winners to claim their prize, they will need to answer a skill testing question and sign a release form accepting the Contest Rules within 2 days of being notified as the winner."

Each winner will be contacted personally.

Regards,

Lucian PM Mod

Stay Safe!

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

NFL football season

Second - PM fall promo plans... How about it can we get another fall promo plan this year??

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Am I the only spring/summer person around? September is still summer month, sure fall comes but really at the end of it.

I get very nostalgic at this time as summer is about to leave. Though I do appreciate the colors and the smells and huuuuge macchiato cups. 

DL888

My faviorite things about Falls are the colours...the city just seem to liven up by itself with the changing of leaves. I also like that comfortable temperature of high teens and low twenties. Lastly, the one thing I am looking forward to this Falls are MORE GREATS THINGS from PM. I seem to missed them...I signed up after the Free 1gig promo and before the free 1 month promo, so Falls will has to be good to me 🙂

Dogbert

Pumpkin Spiced Hot Drinks

TheGx

@krzcnck wrote:

favourite thing about Fall; is it means hockey season is just around the corner!!  Go Canucks go

Good point about hockey season starting! But you mean, "Go Flames Go!", right? HAHAHA!

Calgary Flames Logo.jpg

CDLS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I love Autumn/Fall.  And September is one of my favourite months.  Four family members celebrate their birthdays, and we always get together...

krzcnck

favourite thing about Fall; is it means hockey season is just around the corner!!  Go Canucks go

dac13

I like that it's not hot and humid or freezing cold, just the in between weather.  Oh and of course, Thanksgiving dinner!

tamarkv
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My favorite thing about fall is the temperatures. It's not to hot it's not too cold. It's just right.  🙂

samanthaburton

By far.. pumpkin spice latte on a brisk morning walk. 

Parfait!

Bananarama

The weather! Can finally bust out some of my favourite shirts and sweaters.

jluong9

My favourite thing during the fall season is the weather. It's not to hot and not to cold. Thanksgiving is also right around the corner. 

lewl

Without a doubt, the best part is the beautiful scenery as the trees all change.
Close runner-up is the cozy sweater you're wearing while taking it all in!

Tiprix

It probably would have to be the folliage and the nice walks outdoors when the temperature isni't too hot or cold, but just right.

madhi19

You can understate the advantage of comfortable weather. Early fall is cold enough that we don't need AC anymore, and hot enough that we don't need to start the heater yet. 

Need Help? Let's chat.