cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing some love to our customers with 1 GB of data, on us!

Alan_K
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

What a hectic week full of exciting updates and improvements! We know there’s been a ton of change this past week, and we want to make sure that our longer tenured customers don’t feel left out! 

Even though our look and feel has changed, we’re continuing to focus on being customer-first. Thanks for hanging in there with us, and we hope you’re ready to grow together with us because we love having you here! 🙂 Whether you’re a long-time Community guru, or someone who just joined a month ago, we’re for you.

That’s why we’re excited to share a public display of affection with customers who were with Public Mobile since before our big brand refresh (more eligibility details below), as a token of our appreciation.

What’s up for grabs:

• $0 1 GB bonus data Add-On
  • Does not expire until fully consumed
  • The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 4G LTE Speed. 

Eligibility criteria:

• Bonus Data Add-On will be automatically applied to customer accounts that were activated as of August 19, 11:59 PM ET or before
  • Account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019.
  • If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On.

How to claim your data:

• No action required- on August 23rd, eligible customers will receive an SMS from Public Mobile confirming you’re on the list!
  • Bonus Data Add-Ons will be applied within 2 weeks of receiving the confirmation SMS. Note: Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.
  • Once it’s been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation SMS. 

Happy net surfing!

-Public Mobile Community Team

631 REPLIES 631

GR
Mayor / Maire

@nickp75  everything is done automatically, the link is only see about it! 

Pound
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Not sure if you'll receive an alert when it is fully consumed, but you don't need to worry about overage because evething with Public Mobile is pre-paid. There won't be any overage. 

@teazle wrote:

I’m surprised by the very high number of posts asking the same questions over and over again, most of which were addressed in Alan K’s original message. I get copied on each one, sometime 20-30 a day or more, which I then have to delete.  Is there any way to stop clogging up my email this way without shutting off important communications from PM itself?

Unfortunately, not everyone will see the first message or read it in its entirety.  There's also the factor of some possibly believing thay threads such as this are a good place to increase their post counts. Your options are to either unsubscribe to this thread or to turn all e-mail notifications off.  If you're a regular particpating Community member, it usually doesn't take long to realize that you don't need to receive 50 Community notification e-mail messagses every single time someone replies or edits a message post.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@teazle wrote:

I’m surprised by the very high number of posts asking the same questions over and over again, most of which were addressed in Alan K’s original message. I get copied on each one, sometime 20-30 a day or more, which I then have to delete.  Is there any way to stop clogging up my email this way without shutting off important communications from PM itself?

Unfortunately, not everyone will see the first message or read it in its entirety.  There's also the factor of some possibly believing thay threads such as this are a good place to increase their post counts. Your options are to either unsubscribe to this thread or to turn all e-mail notifications off.  If you're a regular particpating Community member, it usually doesn't take long to realize that you don't need to receive 50 Community notification e-mail messagses every single time someone replies or edits a message post.

Or just filter them right at the receiving point, there is couple of standard titles, doesn't take too much time to set up and you don't have to fiddle with each post you replied to

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@teazle wrote:

@teazle  If you want to limit volume of e-mail from this particularly active topic, you can unsubscribe from this topic only.  There is an option in the drop-down menu at the top of this thread:

PMC_UnsubscribeFromTopic.jpg

You'll still get notifications for other threads in which you've participated, or when someone mentions you with a tag, unless you've turned those off in your personal settings as well.  

teazle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

OK.  Good.  Thanks to all for the useful responses.

madziara166

Hi there

I didn't recive message and I should be eligble? What do I do?

@madziara166 wrote:

Hi there

I didn't recive message and I should be eligble? What do I do?

@madziara166   You don't need to do anything right now.  Wait until Sept 4th to see if the free data gets added to your account. 

If it doesn't only then contact Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Nancy-1981
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've only recently joined Public Mobile and this has been a wonderful bonus! So far, I'm very satisfied with my switch! 😊

liban961

Hi

i think public mobile offered me 1GB DATA for 1 month free? thank you.....but not sure..i dont use  wifi outside home,,  so  i dont want public mobile to renew it later  and  charge me more $$ for 1 gb...thank you

Need Help? Let's chat.