cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridiculous we can't get the better deal that Public offers to new customers

Zachry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As someone who was previously on the $25 plan, but only paying $17 after all the rewards, I was disheartened to see Public Mobile phase out the old rewards system.

However, I then saw their new plan of $21/month ($19/month with 90 day subscription) for 3GB of data per month, and I thought this would be a great substitute.

Turns out this is only available for new customers, and existing customers will only get 1GB for the same price! Seems like old loyal customers are the laughing stock of the company, taking us for suckers. I am angry and feel betrayed by this company, and feel like a fool for referring family and friends here. Oh well, I'll be taking them with me to somewhere new once I find a decent replacement. Thank god number porting is relatively simple.

10 REPLIES 10

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sadly loyalty is just a words in the dictionary.

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

yup, nothing much we can do.  Luckily now even sim is free with eSIM, so changing provider is basically no cost (other than the trouble).  Just follow the best deals around, no need to show loyalty

Wayworn

Sadly you are 100% correct. The only way I can keep my internet and landline provider from continuously raising prices is to threaten to switch to another provider. 

eddieO

@Wayworn, it seems PM sends these types of offers to up sell customers to more expensive plans, I haven't heard of anyone getting an offer for a lower priced one, so that's their motivation, but for what you are getting your's sounds like a pretty good deal 

@Wayworn 

if you look around, this is a general practice for this business sector (as well as home internet).  All carriers leave the best deal for new activations only.  Sad.  Luckily porting is easy, customers now are so used to port around for best deal at the time

Wayworn

I’m not complaining about my situation but  after reading several posts I do feel something is wrong by PM keeping good plans for new customers only.  ***+ In my case I just started a new plan at the $15 level and within 2 weeks was offered a $22 4G plan with 6 go of data . I’m glad I did get the offer that accepted to kick in on my next renewal a few days from now. But I wonder what’s special about me to be receiving this offer while other long term accounts obviously are not.

@Zachry , if there 1GB plan has worked for you, you can switch to the $19/1GB plan which is not an advertised plan but it's available to existing customers.  You will see it when you try to switch subscriptions.  I know it's not as good as new activation options but it's better priced than before and offsets a lot of the lost rewards.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Zachry 

All carriers use the ploy to lure new members with a better deal than existing members...more members means more profit for them.

Remember that PM comes out with new deals every month so you might want to wait and see what deals PM offers but porting to another carrier is an option for the best deal out there.

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Unfortunately, this is the case with public mobile right now, no more reward system, just point,  new activation plan.

to get those new activation plans, you need to port out, then you port back in as a new customer.

If you are not satisfied with the price and service,  other providers have similar or better plans based on your need and location.

Koodo and Lucky has new 100 minutes plan + 500MB for $15

No Frills has 2GB for $19 unlimited canada and US calling (no roaming)

Freedom Mobile has yearly plans unlimited calls and messages + 15 GB for $119 and 30 GB for $149

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Zachry 

before you go...please message Customer Support and politely ask for the $21 ($19) plan. There's a chance they may grant you the request. Just don't use the threat to leave PM when asking. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Need Help? Let's chat.