cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PARTIAL RESOLUTION - FULL FIX IN PROGRESS] Dropped Calls

Ck_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update as of 3:00PM ET 19/06/2024]: A solution for this issue was successfully implemented earlier this morning that should have resolved this issue for most customers. We understand some customers are still experiencing issues, and the team is working diligently to diagnose and resolve.

Hello Community,

We are aware that some of our subscribers are experiencing intermittent wireless service. We want you to know that our team is actively investigating this issue and is working around the clock to resolve this as quickly as possible.

We understand the importance of staying connected and we will make every effort to keep you, the Community, informed of our progress. We thank you for your patience and we appreciate your understanding during this time. Please continue to check this Community post for the latest updates.

- The Public Mobile Team

183 REPLIES 183

smurfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This problem for me is getting very frustrating as it doesn't seem related to signal quality issues. It seems to be a software glitch that is causing calls to disconnect at random multiples of 3min increments. Usually at exactly 9min for me, but sometimes 15min, 18min. Then today it happened again around 4:30pm pst after 27min then 6min on the dot. Every time it is on the minute mark. All these seemingly random call times are factors of three. What's with that?

I finally gave up using my sim based phone and called back using google voice over wifi.

If PM cannot resolve this directly and quickly, they should at least enable wifi calling so we can have something reminiscent of a reliable home phone service. Do we all just need to go back to landlines? 

PJNadler
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please advise when this is resolved.

Thnx

TheStoryteller
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please let us know when the issue has been resolved. I’ve been a long term customer without complaint and have recommended Public Mobile to many but these last few months have been very annoying with frequent dropped calls. 

JoshM123

Will you post again once this is resolved?  I'm going to switch to public mobile but don't want to do it until I know calls won't be dropping.

dsnoddy58

Since returning to Canada (Toronto downtown), all of my calls in/out drop at some point.  Phone is current (top model), up to date etc.  Whats as frustrating, no way to enable/activate WiFi Calling to avoid this.  Here is the real kicker - spent months in southern US and had zero issues using PM service there - it connected to the T Mobile network and was consistently at 5G - never had any dropped calls.  Shame on Public Mobile and Telus for not resolving this for its many (soon to loose this one if not resolved) customers here in Canada.

Andy72

Good that they finally acknowledge it. I have this issue for long time, 2 months, opened a  ticked with PM. got a text that it is a known issue.

It will be nice if PM inform us what is the issue and when it will be resolved.

Steph_Hicks

Thanks for the update.  It's been happening a lot. 

smurfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Wow, finally some sort of official acknowledgement! After trying multiple different phones and even buying a new 5G volte whitelisted phone to no avail. The issue is system wide it seems. Please let us know when this gets fixed.

PJNadler

Finally, an acknowledgement of this issue. I have been gas lit by support for weeks: suggesting I get a new SIM card (which I did), reset my phone (done) and get it serviced!

Thank you for taking action.

Danjohn2023

Thanks, I filed a complaint with Public.

@Danjohn2023  you have to message public mobile directly with your request.  Only the Community is seeing and reading your message.  Use the chatbot to place your official complaint and compensation request. 

hi @hairbag1 

i don't think this time was the same as last one.  But it is true that there has been quite a lot of voice problems in the past year.  

BlueSky-2024

I have a same problem happening several times. It was frustrating of me.

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have had an ongoing problem with dropped calls since at least January.  Had my phone reprovisioned by  CS agent, and have done all the things that have been suggested and it keeps happening.  Very frustrating, and glad it is finally going to be looked at for resolution.  Winnipeg here.

Danjohn2023

I communicate with my wife multiple times a day, (both are on Public Network) and we often experience disconnections, forcing either of us to redial. Occasionally, I’m on a call, sometimes even on hold for up to 20 minutes, and the call drops very very infuriating. This level of service is unacceptable for something as crucial as telecommunications. If this continues, I will have to escalate the issue to Telus or even CCTS. I urge you to review my call logs to see the frequency of these dropped calls throughout the day. This is getting to much and is an unacceptable level of service which I pay on a month basis for, I'm requesting compensation for this issue and an immediate resolution as acknowledged by Public to this issue.

joseywales

I have had many dropped calls for months......not impressed

Rishabh_Saxena

Yeah service seems to be degrading eventually.

keegygti

Thank you! I’ve had few dropped calls for the last two weeks. 

Rishabh_Saxena

There is still network and call drop issue.

@funpig1 , yes you are correct,  we should be credited by a company when they fail to provide a service that we pay for.

I have yet to experience that here unfortunately. 

I've been here years now and still being refused by PM two times now after asking to upgrade from my original $15 plan that I've had for years now to a new activations only plan for $19 @ 3GB for 90 days.

But it's all good.

slusagm

@funpig1 

the $10 you got was a compensatoin for the drop calls?

funpig1

@Sansan @hTideGnow 

In my experience, if you can demonstrate service issues, you should get compensation.

1000005520.png

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Good to see there's finally official acknowledgment of this issue. 

😁

@Sansan wrote:

@funpig1 

Compensation? It's nice to dream 💭.

LoL @Sansan , FP still new and he does not understand PM yet.. LoL

@funpig1 

Compensation? It's nice to dream 💭.

funpig1

@Ck_PM 

Finally, a public acknowledgment from Public Mobile!

Now fix it and compensate everybody who was affected.

If not, people should just file CCTS complaints.

hi @PierrePublic_1 

affecting people from all across the country, so, not just one or two particular area

PierrePublic_1

Great a problem in Dartmouth NS..are we in a mobile 'hole' ? ?

1000018352.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.