cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Re: HOWTO: Purchasing Add-ons

@lindali Each time you want to purchase an add-on, it has to added and payment has to be manually paid.

lindali
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sure. Thanks.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lindali 

Public mobile actually offers true prepaid mobile service even with autopay enabled. Other prepaid providers when you sign up for automatic payments you are giving them permission to make pre-authorized charges to your card. As you have asked this would include ongoing add ons ( lol...what a joke?!!), overages, roaming add ons, etc....they are free to charge your card as they see fit.

Public mobile has autopay...originally designed to kick in to pay for your plan renewal in case you forgot to top up your account but now widely used as the only way to pay for pm service at renewal. Here you simply register your card for autopay and give pm permission to attempt a one time charge to your card on file to cover your plan amount minus rewards and any account balance. That is the one and only time pm will attempt to charge your card.

As a result you must top up your account manually with funds from your card that you must confirm and submit the charge or add a payment voucher to add funds to your balance. Once added you can use the available funds in your balance to purchase add ons, pay for an immediate plan change or for your plan renewal. Again with exception of renewal you must confirm and submit payment for your purchase.

Add ons are one time purchases that remain on your account rolling over each 30 days until completely consumed then they disappear. At public mobile there are no hidden fees, overages or extra fees. You get exactly what you pay for.....if you haven't paid for a service it just won't work or if it does work then it is included and  just enjoy another free service that comes with your plan.

Hasty

One of my favorite features is that it is a "pay to play" type features. Add it once, pay once then it expires. My experience so far seems the only thing that stays is the plan itself (if you are on auto-pay).

Hasty

Your add-on expires at the end of your month, if you still keed/want it you would have to add it again.

@Hasty wrote:

One of my favorite features is that it is a "pay to play" type features. Add it once, pay once then it expires. My experience so far seems the only thing that stays is the plan itself (if you are on auto-pay).

Except for roaming add-ons that expire after 10 days, add-on packages don't expire. They stay on the account until used up. You're right though that add-ons do not automatically renew.

@Hasty wrote:

Your add-on expires at the end of your month, if you still keed/want it you would have to add it again.

I see that you're replying to someone who was purchasing a $15 1GB data add-on. Please note that your statement above isn't correct. This add-on does not expire. It stays on the account until all of the 1GB has been used up.

Mamamia51

Thank you that was very helpful. After I make a successful purchase, I think I have to go to my android phone and switch it to roaming. Is that correct?

@Mamamia51 wrote:

Thank you that was very helpful. After I make a successful purchase, I think I have to go to my android phone and switch it to roaming. Is that correct?

Not necessarily:

If your phone is set to automatic network selectiion, it will automatically choose the appropriate network to connect to.  For data use, you'll need to make sure that the data roaming setting is enabled, but there's usually nothing more to it than that.

Janey2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

very straight forward instructions - thank you srlawren.  IF I HAVE MY CREDIT CARD attached to my monthly PM bill do I still need to do the "sufficient funds process"  and, why doesn't public mobile offer a 7 day and 14 day plan - are they not the typical vacation time periods?

Need Help? Let's chat.