cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no internet connection in US

Lanelane
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

(A)
I've paid for data roaming in US. Now I am in the US, I've enabled 'data roaming' in my cell phone, but my phone shows "no internet connection' when I tried to google.
(B) I am not sure if it is related to the APN. Anyways, I've tried to add New APN, but in vain. Every time i add a new profile of APN, the bunch of info just disappears, even after I 've toggled 'SAVE'. It looks like it kind of merges with the existing "Tethered Mobile Internet".

(C) Should I delete that "Tethered Mobile Internet"? 
Pls advise what i can do. i am wasting the roaming fee here as i can't use it.
I am using Huawei Nova 4 . FYI
(D) I hope Public Mobile  gives me refund.

7 REPLIES 7

@Lanelane wrote:

Thank you treefrog for the info. I hope it is not true, cuz as a user who paid for the data roaming,  i reject the idea of that i should be the one who give extra efforts to look for cell towers. 

HI@Lanelane  

this is not isolated with PM, you will see this roaming headache with any provider.  Remember for roaming, PM and other provider is pretty much re-selling the cellular service for others, it is out of their control how good the service is.  If you want better service and better support, do not buy via "reseller", but direct, get local data sim card

But good news, if you don't get the service you should, very likely PM will do something, just submit ticket.

Where roaming partners provide coverage is not up to Public.

Maybe as a consolation prize for the higher rates in Canada we get some pretty good rural coverage. Not so in the states. Europe is condensed population and smaller area to cover.

I have had fine experiences with roaming. Text and data should be easy. Talk may require some fiddling with 2G settings if your phone has it. Once again of course 2G coverage is the factor.

Lanelane
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you treefrog for the info. I hope it is not true, cuz as a user who paid for the data roaming,  i reject the idea of that i should be the one who give extra efforts to look for cell towers. If i was informed by Public Mobile of it beforehand, i would have certainly not paid for it. It is Public Mobile's 100% responsibility to notity me of it before my payment. 

Thank you again.

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Lanelane 

Your phone is only compatible with LTE Bands 5 and 41. You can look for cell towers with those signals using the cell mapper link in 

@darlicious 's update post in this thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Add-ons-Decommissioning-of-US-...

T-Mobile does have those LTE bands just not on every tower according to the network coverage map so it depends on where you are?

Bmvanbese
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just came back from the usa to.

yes you have to be using t mobile also it would work in the cities but would not work while travelling out of cities 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Lanelane wrote:

(A)
I've paid for data roaming in US. Now I am in the US, I've enabled 'data roaming' in my cell phone, but my phone shows "no internet connection' when I tried to google.
(B) I am not sure if it is related to the APN. Anyways, I've tried to add New APN, but in vain. Every time i add a new profile of APN, the bunch of info just disappears, even after I 've toggled 'SAVE'. It looks like it kind of merges with the existing "Tethered Mobile Internet".

(C) Should I delete that "Tethered Mobile Internet"? 
Pls advise what i can do. i am wasting the roaming fee here as i can't use it.
I am using Huawei Nova 4 . FYI
(D) I hope Public Mobile  gives me refund.

According this website, Huawei Nova 4 may not works in USA:

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/huawei-nova-4

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Lanelane  Make sure your connected to T mobile and reboot the Device … if your trying to rebuy the same US add on you need to wait 12 -24 hours after the first one ends or choose a different US add on or if you don’t want to wait you can ask support to help apply the very same US add in back to back without the wait 

as for potential refund you would need to also ask support here’s the links if needed 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.