cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSim

sab25355
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am now in overseas and I lost my sim card. I need to switch to esim, how is it possible 

4 REPLIES 4

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sab25355 

if you are overseas now, there is really no point to buy eSIM now, unless you are in US with roaming plan or add-on purchased and active.  You can download app and buy eSIM and install but you cannot really use it if you are overseas.  Maybe you can wait till you are back in Canada to buy physical or eSIM and then you can use the service and test out the new sim 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Just an FYI if you're looking to be able to call back to Canada for free, as stated below you're PM phone will not work outside of Canada and the USA. You can however, if you have access to free WiFi or purchased a data plan where you may be, you can download TextNow and be able to use it calling back to Canada and texting too. That's the only option now.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@sab25355  Your PM account won’t work over seas anyways . But you will need to log into the app on the phone and go to subscriptions add on page and notice at the bottom of that page shop sim . Select it and choose eSIM download and install or just get a new physical SIM card and SIM card swap the number in your account profile page or get support to help with it 

Handy1_0-1695567876562.png

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_1-1695567905867.png

Note only do this on lap top or computer/ not mobile device

Direct link to support 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sab25355 

If your device is E-SIM compatible, go on your device and download the Public Mobile app.Login to your account, go to subscriptions and add-on’s and then at the bottom of the page is an option “Shop SIM Card Now” click that and you can select E-SIM ($5). It will download to your phone automatically through the app or you can add it manually with the QR code. Just know if you are overseas your Public Mobile service will not work until you’re back in Canada or are in the US with a roaming add-on or Can-US plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.