cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surplus funds

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have a surplus of funds in my account (over $100). 

My monthly rewards exceed my monthly bill amount and it continues to accumulate.  I don't want to increase my plan, I usually don't purchase US roaming plans or make long distance calls and I doubt I would buy a phone from Public Mobile.  Has anyone heard of Public crediting back funds to a credit card?  I'm not sure how I will ever use up this surplus.  Thanks 😁

12 REPLIES 12

DDM69

My referrals aren’t fluctuating at all. Luckily. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

About 75% of my referrals have become defective.  How about you?

75% loss sounds too high.  I will say that about half of my referrals have been lost in roughtly that last 2.5 to 3 years. The customer churn is bad and it never used to be that way.

I guess my referrals shop hard.  

@will13am wrote:

75% loss sounds too high.  I will say that about half of my referrals have been lost in roughtly that last 2.5 to 3 years. The customer churn is bad and it never used to be that way.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @DDM69 do you need to keep thr phone number?? if not, amd you have legacy rewards, you can try to sell the account with the finds, maybe at a bit of discount 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@BKNS27 wrote:

@DDM69 

You have cell service for life by the sounds of it. It can only remain as credit. Unfortunately, you can donate some of the funds to my account! 🤣😂

Assuming that someone has many years remaining, free service for life is highly unlikely.  Public Mobile referral credits are highly volatile and with referrals leaving on a regular basis.  Unfortunately, it's much easier to lose a referral than it is to gain one.  An extra $100 already in the account simply won't last.  In addition to that, you'll find that more longer term customerms are less likely to leave at this point.  That's because current points system gives zero encouragement for customers to stay with Public Mobile longer.  That means that even if new referrals are gained, the churn on those can be even worse than the ones that were on the account before.

pmbc

@computergeek541 wrote:

@pmbc wrote:

@DDM69 We all envy you as you're really getting paid to use their service.  Well done! 🙂  

This isn't the same as getting paid as the funds can't be used for anything else.

It's closer than I'll ever get.

@pmbc wrote:

@DDM69 We all envy you as you're really getting paid to use their service.  Well done! 🙂  

This isn't the same as getting paid as the funds can't be used for anything else.

pmbc

@BKNS27 wrote:

@DDM69 

You have cell service for life by the sounds of it. It can only remain as credit. Unfortunately, you can donate some of the funds to my account! 🤣😂

Assuming that someone has many years remaining, free service for life is highly unlikely.  Public Mobile referral credits are highly volatile and with referrals leaving on a regular basis.  Unfortunately, it's much easier to lose a referral than it is to gain one.  An extra $100 already in the account simply won't last.  In addition to that, you'll find that more longer term customerms are less likely to leave at this point.  That's because current points system gives zero encouragement for customers to stay with Public Mobile longer.  That means that even if new referrals are gained, the churn on those can be even worse than the ones that were on the account before.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@DDM69  if you don’t want to upgrade plan just let it keep building . One day you might not have all the refferals   you have now . And that build up fund will come in handy to continue paying  for your plan 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@DDM69 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DDM69 no, funds on Available Finds won't get credited back to credit card or cannot transfer to another account, either.  And you are right, can't be used for purchase phone 

you can only use the funds for plan or add-ons 

Only way to use it elsewhere now is to buy sim card:(

Need Help? Let's chat.