cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline can not call in my new transferred phone number

XO2024
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had transferred my phone number from FIDO yesterday. The activation seems not bad. I can use my new phone number to call and receive phone call from mobile phone provider. But when I try to use my landline to call my cellphone number. It failed. And I tried to use another Landline to call in. Failed again. The message is "the number you dialed did not assign". How can I contact the port in Team? Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

@XO2024

yes, as long as you are receiving calls from another provider, the porting is completed and no concern 

reboot your VoIp box daily if possible and test calling your ported number, it will work in the next day of two

XO2024

Thank you! If this is the case, I had to awaiting for more time because my landline is VoIP.  But a couple years before, when my wife transferred in her phone number from FIDO, there was no such issue at that time.

Anyway, Thank you for your opinion!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@XO2024 can other phones call you number ??  Just incoming calls fr9m landline a problem??

and is your landline a traditional lines like Bell or Telus landline?? if you are one of this VoIP Homephone lines like Fongo, Ooma, then it will take them 2 to 7 days before they can know your number changed provider and route the calls to you correctly.  Those VoIp providers do not update their tiutrsbas fast as the bigger carriers 

XO2024

Sent! Thanks!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@XO2024  Submit ticket with support 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.