cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM number (20 digits)

dressedinlayers
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey,

I am a new subscriber and am trying to complete the registration, but I am stuck on the 'Register SIM' step.

The form only accepts 19 digits, whereas my SIM card number has 20 digits. Please advise on how to fix this.

Thank you

13 REPLIES 13

@dressedinlayers  You.can port the number on activation or you can port it over after creating new account with temp PM number . I used to create account first myself then port . But with the. Ew ever safe ID I find it’s best to port inactivation now less hassle with ever safe ID . Just remember to use a different t email then before is best 

HI @dressedinlayers 

yes, carrier sim card is the link to the network

the number can be ported into PM, but you need a Public Mobile sim card

get a Public Mobile sim card for $10 from Telus or Koodo store or $5 from Amazon 

dressedinlayers

Yes, ultimately I want to port my existing number over to Public Mobile. Sounds like I still need to get myself a Public Mobile SIM card first, and then do the porting later, correct?

@dressedinlayers wrote:

Thanks, but it sounds like (as per @Handy1 ) the SIM card must be of provided by Public Mobile, and that using an existing SIM card (provided by e.g. Rogers, Fido, etc). is not supported.

HI @dressedinlayers 

yes, you need a Public Mobile sim card

get it from Telus or Koodo store or via Amazon 🙂

@dressedinlayers  Yes it needs to be a public mobile SIM to have PM account  .

dressedinlayers

Thanks, but it sounds like (as per @Handy1 ) the SIM card must be of provided by Public Mobile, and that using an existing SIM card (provided by e.g. Rogers, Fido, etc). is not supported.

@dressedinlayers  Unless this is existing SIM card with LM that is active still , you can port your FIDO number over to it .in which case you don’t activate it you port it in to PM in your PM account profile page you will see option to transfer number . But if you don’t have active PM account you need a new PM SIM card and create a new account with a different email then you used before and you will have option to transfer (port) number on activation 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @dressedinlayers 

I also remember PM sim card is 19 digits.  I think Telus is 20

check the number again

if still cannot figure it out, then an even easier way is to hvae PM agent to help,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent, maybe send them the picture of your sim card.
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437     

dressedinlayers

Okay. I misunderstood the message here then

https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/activation/sim-selection

Thanks for sharing your insight!

@dressedinlayers  You need a brand new SIM card All sim card can only be activated once 

dressedinlayers

No, it's my existing SIM card which I have had for years. I am currently with FIDO but want to change to Public Mobile.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dressedinlayers  Easier way is to use the camera to read the numbers for you . Tap the camera icons in the field and let the camera do the work for you 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dressedinlayers 

is that a Public Mobile sim card?  All PM sim cards are 19 digits long.  make sure you didn't type in too many zeroes, which is a common error

Need Help? Let's chat.