cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined Public Mobile (question about points)

BraeScott
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

With the Lunar New Year deal that’s going it, it says you receive $6 in points every month, does that automatically go onto my bill (ultimately lowering it by $6 every month?)

12 REPLIES 12

@hTideGnow   Yes, in my earlier post I mention that the RAF was never credited and they submitted a ticket after waiting 72 hours and then it was applied as 10 points to their Rewards portal.  That's why I wasn't aware that the RAF was supposed to be added as an account balance, lol.  

HI @dabr   for the couple one I referred, lucky enough they still get the $10 and not points

But I am surprise, those Friend credit could be something setup on the system and not manually added, wonder why there were mistakes made.   Did you friend earlier missed the RAF and need to ask PM agent to manually fix it? Maybe because of the manual fix and they applied the wrong thing (points instead of $) ?

@darlicious   It's possible that the RAF credit was mistakenly applied as points instead of to the account balance after activation, but still doesn't explain the early anniversary credit nor why it's listed as a RAF credit.

So I assume this means that the anniversary loyalty points are also added as an account credit same as RAF should have been..

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

That's messed up for sure. Must have been a new CSA apply the $10 bonus referral credit as points. Why the anniversary date was early and applied as a credit is a mystery unless a CSA righted the wrong? It will be interesting to see what happens on the second anniversary?

@darlicious    More than possible that I'm a little fuzzy regarding how the $10 RAF credit is applied to new accounts because I only know of one person who signed up with points and they told me it was added to the points portal and that was after having to make a request because it wasn't automatically added within the 72 hours.  So after receiving the 10 points plus the welcome bonus of 5 points, they redeemed the 15 points to be used towards their next renewal.  They signed up before the bonus 3 x bonus points was offered and are kinda miffed about not being eligible for those.

This customer has also noted that they have just recently received their 1 yr anniversary loyalty points at least a week before the anniversary date although a PM congrats loyalty text was received on the actual anniversary date.  The curious part is that the loyalty points show up as a RAF credit in payment transaction history and this time yes the loyalty points (AKA RAF?) were added to the account balance.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BraeScott 

To get the most out of the 3×points promotion I suggest that you save up your points until your 1 year anniversary when the promotion ends and you return to earning just the regular 5% get back points. You do not earn points on credits including $15 bill credits redeemed thru your rewards account. Try to redeem for discounted add ons like US Roaming data add ons ($10/250mb US roaming data=5pts) vs add ons that are not discounted like the ($5/500min=5pts).

You will have enough points for a $15 bill credit after your first renewal. While @dabr may have confused credits with points as the $10 bonus credit will be added to your available funds not in points to your rewards account. After your next renewal you should have the following points:

• 5  Welcome points
  • 2  5% Get back points ($40 plan)
  • 4  10% (3×points) Bonus points
  • 1.5  5% Get back points ($40 plan - $10 Bonus referral credit)
  • 3  10% (3×points) Bonus points
  • 15.5  Total points after your first renewal.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BraeScott the points will automatically go into your My Rewards.  Collect to 15 points and you can then redeem it for $15 bill credits on the My Rewards site.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BraeScott   Unfortunately, not and you'll need to accumulate at least 15 points ($15) before being able to redeem which, since you are a new customer, you should be able to within a week as you'll also be receiving the one time RAF 10 points ($10) credit if you used a referral.  Once you have enough points then log into your Rewards portal and redeem from the available catalogue although it can take a day or more for them to be added to the account after redemption.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

HI @BraeScott 

the points is it not redeem it from your bill when is coming,.,. you have to earn 15 points for your rewards to exchange to $15 to lower your bill.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@BraeScott  You earn it each month and have to view and redeem them from your rewards portal once you have 15 points you can redeem $15 towards your bill 

Need Help? Let's chat.