cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday rewards 2GB of free data ...anyone got the text message yet?

Becool
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

About a week ago, I got an email from PM, said  that Holiday rewards of 2GB of free data  are available today until December 31st to all new and existing customers. To claim your rewards, between December 1st-15th, the text message with the holiday rewards will be sent. To redeem them, just reply “YES2”, and 2GB of data and 500 long distance minutes will be automatically applied to my account.

It sounds too good to be true to me 😄

Since I've not got any text message like this from Public Mobile, I start thinking was I reading it wrong then? or the text message is on its way ? or I unfortunately missed it for some reason? Hope I'm not being silly, but any ideas, guys 😉

30 REPLIES 30

Becool

Wow! unused bonus data can be rolled over, that's even better! I got another week to WAIT.....oh , can't wait to get them🤣, thanks for your reply indeed❤️

caseythebeagle

if you are, after you selected your saved username/password, DO NOT click logon. Chrome will automatically log you in and you won't get the error

That seems to work. Thanks

yalls1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received my text today so yours should be coming if you haven’t received it yet! As others mentioned it will be sent from 4911 and requires the YES2 response.

The gift also includes 500 international long-distance minutes, which is the same offer I received last year. The data and minutes are added to your account automatically and are saved until you use them up (I didn’t use all of my bonus data and minutes from last year, which means I have almost double of each now). 

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Don't think I have the password saved but I'll try it again and see. Thanks

@jor123   check my post above about the Chrome's saved password and auto login, could be a problem with the Auto login on the mobile browser

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@caseythebeagle wrote:

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately whenever I try to log on to my account it tells me page has expired. I haven't been able to get on to my account page for any one of my family's accounts for over a month.

That happens to me on mobile (even in incognito mode) but fine on desktop. odd. 

Guspublic1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Type YES2 in reply text.

Then login to act.

Just login on ur phone and 

Its there, you have to click on the little circle inside where it says Refreshed 2 minutes ago or something like that

Click on all 3 circles with arrow on it to refresh on screen. It will then show  bonus minuets and data

@caseythebeagle are you using Chrome? are you using saved password?

if you are, after you selected your saved username/password, DO NOT click logon. Chrome will automatically log you in and you won't get the error

Or if you still get the error, try to just click BACK and then REFRESH  on Chrome

And if you still getting the error, please try using incognito mode to login and it should clear the problem

caseythebeagle

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately whenever I try to log on to my account it tells me page has expired. I haven't been able to get on to my account page for any one of my family's accounts for over a month.

no worry @caseythebeagle 

you can start your own topic by going to the main page of "Get Support" page and then click "Ask a question"

But to answer your question, the best way to confirm if you are on the new or old rewards system is to login to My Rewards ( https://www.publicmobile.ca/myrewards )   If you see everything referring to dollar amount, you are on the old rewards.  However, if you see every rewards are referring with points, then you are on the new system, Public Points

caseythebeagle

I don't know whether I'm on the rewards or the points plan. I don't want to hijack this thread so is there another topic that talks about this?

Becool

That clear my confusion too, thank you, @softech 😍

@Becool no it won't hurt

Just want to make sure you don't get even worrier if you see the return text saying you are not eligible.  You will be eligible soon, if not today 

Becool

I don't recall I saw anything like this, though is it hurt to just TEXT 4911 with YES2? Am I going to loss my eligibility to get reward due to this mistake (say it hasn't been sent to me yet, indeed) , anyway, I'd better just wait for another couple of days. @softech , this is the question for you too, thanks

Becool

my email says : plus , get a bonus 1GB of free data from Public Points when you sign into My Rewards.

If I understand correctly, just login into your My Rewards , you will get that 1GB extra😁, give it a try, I can't proof my thought since I am still waiting my SMS "offer"😋

@caseythebeagle the extra 1GB is only available for people on the new rewards system, Public Points

If you are on the new rewards system, login to My.Rewards site , go to the add-on catalogue and you will see a 1GB add-on for free there

But if you are on the old rewards, you don't get that.  Don't think about migrating to the new rewards, it does not worth it.  You earn more every year on the old rewards system

caseythebeagle

My family (3) and I recieved the email on yesterday, Wednesday December 07, 2022.

We all replied "YES2" and the 2Gb and 500 long distance bonus are showing active on our accounts.

However, I do not know how to get the extra 1Gb bonus for public points.  Would someone please tell me how to go about doing that.

Coverhiro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I received mine a few days ago.

A lot of good suggestions here, mainly if you think it was missed, texting YES2 to 4911 is worth a shot.

Becool

Super! I've been with PM for more than 2 years, and I will keep my eyes on my SMS closely from now on 🙂

Becool

I SEE! then maybe I just wait till Dec 15😋

@Becool no, you cannot send it before you got the invite text.  the trick only for those who got the text and deleted. Sending YES2 before you got the text will got a response saying you are not eligible

WolverineCaz

I have received that text as well at the same time of year 2 years in a row. It's legit and a great offer. 

Becool

Oh, we can do that? even without receiving the "offer" text? I'll do it right now, just in case, you know how "busy" we are at this time of the year, aren't we? and thanks millions, @JK8  ❤️

Meow
Mayor / Maire

It is true! It is true!

Everybody will get SMS from PM. Reply YES2 and bonuses will be added to your account AND you will get confirmation SMS.

Then log in to your account and see with your eyes 😁

There are still few days until 15th. If you do not get SMS form PM AND you are old customer (before Dec 2022) contact agent to add bonus manually.

If you are NEW customer (after Dec. 1, 2022) bonus will be added automatically, no SMS will be sent.

Becool

OK...waiting....

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@Becool 

Just be a little more patient please.

You'll get the text eventually.  I'm still waiting for one more too.

Becool

😄😃I believe you!

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Becool hi you will get yours by dec 15th and yes its true 😁

statusquo

I'm still waiting but the announcement says to wait until December 15th to receive it.  

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Becool 

Text YES2 to 4911 in case you deleted the text, otherwise wait for it.

Need Help? Let's chat.