cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed Phone number with website service when I have a physical sim, now I can't use any services.

flashblinker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I made a really dumb decision and used the PM's number-changing service (on the website) to change my phone number when I have a physical sim. Now all my services don't work, I can't call, text, or use data. I have already tried network resetting. I have also sent in a ticket but it hasn't gotten a response in ~14 hours. Is there a way to get in touch with any moderator or management to reverse my account's phone number to the original one (So all my services will work again)? Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

@flashblinker   no worry, it will work again, the new number with your current sim card

did you try to reboot the phone?  Maybe try one more thing, reseat your sim card.  Power off first, take the sim card out for a minute, then put it back and power up

Again, if that does not work, open ticket with PM Support as advised above.  PM Support will pick up the ticket and everything should work again in two or three hours

@flashblinker wrote:

Hello BKN, Thank you for your advice. I am on an Iphone and tried turning it off and on, swapping out the SIM card, and resetting network settings one more time. None of it works sadly 😞

I am sorry that I changed my number not realizing I have a physical SIM, it was a dumb decision from me, but it is frustrating that none of the services work now. When I call people it doesn't ring, but rather immediately goes to 3 beeps which I assume means that sim card is no longer tied to my account since I changed the phone number.

The phone number is the new one or the old one in iPhone Contact list "My Card"?

I'm not sure can change the phone number on "My Card'. You can try. 

flashblinker

Hi fujiyama ! 

I did not port a number over, but rather I had went to the website, logged into, went to the "my profile" tab and hit changed phone number. It lets your roll 3 phone numbers to choose from and after choosing a new number and applying it, none of my services work :(.

To be specific, on my account, the SIM number is the same as the physical SIM number I have, but the phone number attached to my SIM is the old one, the new number I picked obviously does not work because I don't have the sim associated with it, it was a really poor decision on my part and I just want my old phone number back so everything works again 😞 It sucks not being able to call text or use data.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @flashblinker, are you new to PM? If yes, did you port your number over, and when was the port?

The way you keep bringing up “physical sim” is...odd 🤔 Public mobile does not support esim, so everyone here uses a physical sim. I'm not familiar with iPhone settings regarding esims but maybe you need to delete the old esim and carrier settings?

flashblinker

Hello JK8! 

Thank you for your advice, I went and tried to change the number, but there is no "selector" which lets me type a complete number like on the old website. I must "reroll" with the refresh button to try and get my original number but it seems to be a losing game. I don't have any guarantees that the number will even show up since the physical sim card I have has that phone number tied to it. It's a dilemma and I am very regretful I changed my phone number 😞

flashblinker

Hello BKN, Thank you for your advice. I am on an Iphone and tried turning it off and on, swapping out the SIM card, and resetting network settings one more time. None of it works sadly 😞

I am sorry that I changed my number not realizing I have a physical SIM, it was a dumb decision from me, but it is frustrating that none of the services work now. When I call people it doesn't ring, but rather immediately goes to 3 beeps which I assume means that sim card is no longer tied to my account since I changed the phone number.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@flashblinker 

It is strange that switching your number, you have no service.
Try rebooting your phone by holding down the power button and power off then power back on.

Since you created a ticket, a CS_Agent should get back to you tomorrow. If not, private message them on the envelope icon above.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@flashblinker 

You could always try changing the number again in self service. It’s down right now but you can try tomorrow morning. Clear cache and go incognito.

If you sent in a ticket check the mail icon in top right corner for a reply. Everything is done online so the only way to contact an agent is what you did by submitting a ticket. You can try submitting another ticket if you like. (14 hours is long….they usually respond within an hour during operating hours)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

Edit: Try rebooting and reinstalling SIM card.

Need Help? Let's chat.