cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot my password on my (original) account

JJdn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I had to create a new account to ask this question here. What happened was I tried to log onto my (original) account and it looked like I forgot the password. No problem, I said ‘reset password’ and however no 6 digit code email gets received on that email, therefore I am unable to reset the password because I do not receive the email. I figured well okay no big deal, I mean I (kind of) have an idea of what the password would be. However, I am now locked out of my (original) account, and it’s been over 5 hours, every time I try to put the email and password it says my account is locked. What do I do? 

27 REPLIES 27

JJdn

Thanks, I’ll try this for the billionth time but I’m telling you I won’t get a response. This is unacceptable. Are you an employee? I need bigger options to deal with this issue now. Surely, there has to be some. 

JJdn

There is no “didn’t get the code”, only a “resend the code” button and I’ve pressed it NUMEROUS times and it doesn’t work. It does not send an email. That is why I’m locked out. 

And yes, exactly. Is the community even monitored by Public mobile employees? Surely, this is unacceptable and I’d definitely love to take it a step further. I cannot live without access to my account. Any options besides contacting Customer Agent again, since it doesn’t work? 

@JJdn   While you're waiting for a response from PM customer service, have you tried hitting "didn't get the code" or "resend the code" a few times to see if it will give you the email option?  I'm wondering, though, what you mean by your original account?  If you had ported out your number then your original account would have been closed, or do you mean you have more than one PM account?

Edited to add that now I see what you mean by original account, this new thread is a continuation of this  previous one https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Forgot-my-password-on-my-original-account... 

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JJdn - I dunno but that is unusual to not hear back from a ticket for over a week - so your ticket is probably closed now. Please try now:

⬇️ Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. * CS_Agents are at load due to iMessage activation issues so it may take longer than 48 hours. * They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your mailbox by clicking this link here: Messages

JJdn

So what happened was on my original account, I am unable to fully log in because I am not receiving the 6 digit code. I have tried NUMEROUS times now to get a hold of customer service. I’ve PM’d them, as well as submitted tickets. I have heard ZERO response. There are NO new messages in my inbox. I am being completed ignored. Does anyone know what steps I can take? 

If they are going to completely disregard me as a paying customer then there must be some place I can report this, or something because it’s a huge problem, my payment information and subscription information I obviously need access to. Please help. 

Nora5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It look three days for ne for a response 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Never had issues when opening a Ticket. Usually reply within an hour.

Do not open too many ticket as they just pile up on agents' queue and maybe they get confused.

Wait a day or two and then open new Ticket.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Strange,  someone said they received a reply within 45 minutes yesterday.  Which seemed extremely great. But 4 days?? Way too long.

@JJdn My experience is that they usually reply and resolve issues in the same day.  What you got is not good.  I encourage you to message support again

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

JJdn

I'm PM'd the customer service agent, and I have also submitted numerous tickets by now. I have no replies in my inbox. What gives? 

a_kenny12345

This has happened to me. I would try to send a brand new message..that worked for me..you could use the robot message box at the bottom right page but that usually never solves my issues. Goodluck!

AK32
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This happened to me once before. After a few days, i sent a brand new message and they got back to me promptly.  Im guessing sometimes it may get lost or pushed down.   Id suggest trying a new message thread via this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JJdn

Thanks, only shows all of the tickets I submitted and my messages directly to the CS agent in my sent outbox. I have received zero response in my inbox. 

HI @JJdn 

have you check the Community inbox for agent's reply?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

if agent has not reply yet, message them again      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

JJdn

I got locked out of my original account because I am not receiving the 6 digit code through my email, which I'm therefore unable to log in. Customer service has not responded to me and I've reached out three times now. Please advise the next steps as it's important I get back into my original account, it has all of my payment information and plan information on it. Thank you. I also checked my messages and have no new messages, or notifications from customer service, nothing. Please advise. 

JJdn

Yes I was given a ticket reference number twice when I submitted a ticket two times, I also PM'd the customer service and no response whatsoever. I have checked my inbox and there are no emails. 

@JJdn , did you submit a support ticket and receive a confirmation PM in your inbox with a ticket number?  Generally you should receive a response within the same day, check the envelope symbol on the upper right corner of the web page for PM notifications.  Unanswered tickets close after a day.  

JJdn

I got locked out of my original account because I am not receiving the 6 digit code through my email, which I'm therefore unable to log in. Customer service has not responded to me and I've reached out three times now. Please advise the next steps as it's important I get back into my original account, it has all of my payment information and plan information on it. Thank you. 

JJdn

It looks like your using an old version or something because in the login page for me, there is no option to click 'didn't get the code?'

Are you still having issues trying to get into your account? Try this.

Can’t get the 6 digit 2FA code to your phone?

First, sign into your account at www.publicmobile.ca and use the email you signed up with and the password. If it asks you for a 6 digit code, it will say at the top left CONFIRM YOUR IDENTITY.- Enter the 6- digit code sent to *********.  But it’s not working!!! As you see by the screenshot below, 1. Click the This is a trusted device. 2. Didn’t get the code? Click on that.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1712599402796.png

Then, the next window that pops up is this.

Chalupa_Batman_1-1712599402824.png

Click on Send email. Here it will send you the 6 digit code to the email you registered with. This step is very important. Do not just copy and paste. Enter each digit using your keypad.

You should now be able to get into your account.

Created by Chalupa Batman

Hello @JJdn 

Usually within a few hours. However they are having technical issues right now and fielding a ton of requests. If you haven't heard back within 24 hours, please send another ticket.

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1712599324401.png

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JJdn  Usually with in 1-2 hours but can be as long as 1-2 days but 

After submitting ticket keep an eye on your community inbox for their reply , or you can use this link to the community in box

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

JJdn

Just wondering how long it might take to get a response after sending customer service a private message regarding an issue. Thank you. 

hi @JJdn 

do you have active service?? try alogin again using the app and use Incognito/private/secret mode in your browser 

if still cannot connect, open ticket with support using message 

JJdn

I therefore am unable to reset my account. And no, it's not being sent to my junk email. And I keep trying to log back on and ever since yesterday, it keeps saying it's locked out for an hour. This has been happening since yesterday. Please Help. 

JJdn

Okay great. Well it seems I’ve completely forgotten the password to that (original) account. The issue now is that when I ‘reset password’, I am not receiving any emails with the 6 digit code, therefore I am unable to reset it properly. What should I do? 

@JJdn wrote:

So I had to create a new account to ask this question here. What happened was I tried to log onto my (original) account and it looked like I forgot the password. No problem, I said ‘reset password’ and however no 6 digit code email gets received on that email, therefore I am unable to reset the password because I do not receive the email. I figured well okay no big deal, I mean I (kind of) have an idea of what the password would be. However, I am now locked out of my (original) account, and it’s been over 5 hours, every time I try to put the email and password it says my account is locked. What do I do? 

When there's an account lockout, the locking ceases after that one hour, but if the very next time that you try and the wrong password is entered again, the system will report that you are locked out again and send another e-mail messages to inform you of that.  However, the infromation about that  second lockout is incorrect as the system will actually allow you to try again a few more times.

Need Help? Let's chat.