cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional Forwarding with VoLTE

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

I was converted/enabled for VoLTE service with Public Mobile today. Indeed, I remain on LTE or LTE+ while on a call now. Great! Call setup is imperceptibly faster and call quality is exactly the same, so most people won't notice any difference. But if this means I can reliably make calls if I travel to the USA now that will be a major improvement.

Anyhow, the only limitation I've found so far is I cannot set conditional call forwards. ie (When busy, when unavailable, and when busy). Previously these could be set either in the call forwarding menu of the phone app, or manually using the *61, *62, and *67 codes. If I try to set any of those through the menu or through those codes I now only receive an error "Connection problem or invalid MMI code."

For those who have been converted/enabled for VoLTE service, could you also test to see if you can reproduce this? Basically it means now that I have been provisioned for VoLTE service, I can't use a 3rd party voicemail service like YouMail -- for now at least.

test by dialing:
*61*12504125922#

If it ends up working, you can undo it with:
##61#

(example number is a test number from http://thetestcall.blogspot.com/ )

I opened a ticket with CS agents and they just tell me to use the *61, *62, *67 codes as usual, so maybe they're not aware of an issue with this function on VoLTE yet so I thought I'd ask for further verification/testing here.

Thanks! - N

64 REPLIES 64

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Nezgar , I tried using the call forwarding settings in the phone app which worked.  Similar to what @Lieux experienced, I am stuck with the forwarding setting.  I have not been able to revise it.  I just found this thread which explains the issue. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Conditional-call-forwarding-BROKEN/td-p/9...

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Nezgar  It worked for me. But now I am stuck with the forwarding…it doesn’t stop even with the ##21#. 🤪

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@pmbc wrote:

@Nezgar Were you notified you converted to VoLTE or were you just testing to see if you were?

I opened a ticket and asked nicely to be converted early. 😉

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nezgar Were you notified you converted to VoLTE or were you just testing to see if you were?

Need Help? Let's chat.