cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant make calls

Bri35
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I live in Canada and have been with public mobile for years now, so have my parents. Today none of us can make calls. It says its because we dont have US roaming as part of our plan but were not travelling. We’re home in Canada like we always have been. Why is this?

7 REPLIES 7

HI @Bri35 

Maybe you were seeing your plan is Active because of cache, please trying using  Incognit/Private/Secret mode to login My Account agian and check

and if it really showing active, check if data works, turn off Wifi and test data and iMessage

Are all of your phones trying to call the same number? It's a weird message but we've learned that it means one side of the call is suspended. Or is it simply all calls to anywhere? From each phone, dial 611 and tell us what it says. It will indicate one of 3 things: future renewal date/balance, suspended, invalid.
It could also mean that you're close to a US tower and have connected to it and are roaming without an add-on or plan. But that's not likely.

Bri35
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes its active and I’m on a plan with 20 gb of data and unlimited texts, the texts are working but I have a iphone and sending as iMessages so not sure if thats only working because im connected to wifi 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Bri35 

Might be a service outage in your area.

https://www.telus.com/en/ab/outages

Are your accounts active?  Is text and data working? Are you on the $15 plan with limited outgoing minutes?

Might want to reboot phone.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Bri35  This could be an indication your account is on hold and you need to make manual payment . Please log into your account and check if it’s active or on hold or dial *611 to find out 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I would suggest going into network settings and removing automatic and choosing Public Mobile then reboot the phones. See if that helps

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Bri35 

The "US roaming" error recording is likely a wrong recording to your situation.  However, with that recording, it usually indicates either your account  or your friend's account, if he/she also with PM/Koodo/Telus,  is currently suspended. 

So, please try this yourself and possibly reach out to your friend and have him/she to try to  login My Account once more using Incognito mode and confirm your account status

If status shows Suspended, make a payment to resume service

If it shows Active,  try reboot the phone and click  Reset All Networks (Please note that will delete your saved Wifi as well, but you can easily add it back after)

If that still does not work, please message support for further investigation

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.