cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

request a manual port of phone number

Lyndsie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi my sons phone was stolen so I need to request a manual port out because of stolen phone? unsure how to do this-I have set up new account with telus but I can't receive text messages to this phone number to verify anything

Thank you

Lyndsie Robertson

4 REPLIES 4

Lyndsie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you so much!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Lyndsie 

you won’t need to purchase a new PM SIM card as he’s activating with a Telus company.

contact Public Mobile, customer support agent to advise that you wish them to approve a manual port out.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods: (recommend option number 2)

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 

2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Lyndsie  All you need to do is get a new SIM card and contact support to SIM card swap the number for you to stay with Public mobile . But since Telus and PM are they same umbrella maybe Telus can do this for you if you already set up an account with them for your son . I’d start there with Telus might be easier 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Lyndsie 

first of all, completely, edit your post of all personal information as this is a public forum of other customers.

To do that, tap the downward arrow and edit it.

Need Help? Let's chat.