cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out

Gayotri
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just switched from Virgin to public mobile. I sent yes to the porting msg. Now I can make calls and use data. But no incoming calls and can't send or receive text messages. Please guide.

10 REPLIES 10

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ace2142 I wouldn't assume that an agent will do it. Port authorization is a security feature to prevent users numbers from being stolen which can potentially grant access to all sorts of things as well as identity impersonation. Only the one with the phone in their possession is supposed to be able to authorize it.

@ace2142  unreasonable indeed.  However, that's the rule as stated for any carrier no matter the reasons why. 

Thank you for your service.  

Being in your position,  you understand rules and regulations.  Now you know for next time somewhere else.

I hope PM will consider your case and give you an adjustment. 

ace2142

That's great that you're going to quote the CRTC, I'm in the Military and I was away for a work requirement as I said, so I wasn't able to achieve the required overlap.

Simply an agent can do it and should do it on my behalf. If not, I will bill for a day of service, but there's no reason to bill for a month of services. It's ridiculous. 

@ace2142  The requirement for the account to be still active always applies no matter who the carriers..  That's why it is best to port out a few days before the renewal date and that closes the old account.  You don't have to pay when you follow the normal porting procedure.  

From the CRTC "Most importantly, do not cancel your service before you switch to the new provider."

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/num.htm 

ace2142

I sent them a PM already, thanks.

It's completely unreasonable to expect a customer to re-activate and PAY for a line in order to switch off the service. It hasn't been 90-days yet so the account and number are still allocated to me. I couldn't activate my new line earlier due to work-related reasons, and by this time the PM billing had expired - and once again, I wasn't intending on keeping it for another cycle.

@ace2142  You need to contact customer service, use this link to private message agents but no guarantee they will get back to you within the 90 minutes.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

How did you cancel your PM account?   If you just unsubscribed then  you can reactive the account in order for the port to work.  The normal procedure is that you port out and then the old account is automatically closed without your having to do anything further.

ace2142

Thanks for the reply. I don't need a reboot. The SIM works for EversafeID confirmations, etc. 

I can't recieve the Port-SMS from Public since I cancelled my billing last week, and it hasn't renewed.

As stated, Freedom Mobile has just submitted the Port-Request and the 90-min window is ticking. I simply need a Public Mobile Agent to accept the port request on my behalf, since I am Unable to receive the SMS on my PM-number.

I did not get your PM to the support team on my community message page, please assist me.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ace2142 They are very particular about when and what the porting team can be used for, generally for some type of glitch. I'm not sure what you're asking for is something they do.

ace2142

Please send me the Porting Support Team info as well. I am Porting Out but cannot recieve the approval on my Public Mobile Sim (the SIM works but the account is not active, as I am cancelling my PM services). I need an Admin to approve the request, which has already been put in by the New Provider.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Gayotri 

you might need one more device reboot 

If that does not work,   PM porting support team can help.  I have sent you the porting support team number.  Please check your Community inbox (envelope on top right), check for the number and call

Need Help? Let's chat.