cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t receive calls

tsilva
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I was talking with a friend with iPhone 13 pro max than it went silent so I got my wife which seating next to to call me but my iPhone doesn’t ring and she a message ( warning this number is no longer in service 

and I it showes I still have  over 40 calls left

thanks

12 REPLIES 12

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tsilva wrote:

Hi I was talking with a friend with iPhone 13 pro max than it went silent so I got my wife which seating next to to call me but my iPhone doesn’t ring and she a message ( warning this number is no longer in service 

and I it showes I still have  over 40 calls left

thanks

@tsilva  - number no longer in service....Have you figured out what is going on here?

Perhaps just a network glitch, if your plan is Active. Did you reboot or toggle airplane mode as @dabr mentioned?

Also did you check if your phone was blacklisted as @Anonymous mentioned?

Does manually selecting the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) allow calls to come through?

Are any other services working..outgoing calls, texts in/out?

Can you swap SIM with your wife's device and test calling in /out?

Since you are new to the Community, are you also recently activated within the last few weeks?

IF so, did you happen to notice a charge from Koodo, and cancel the transaction / to a chargeback with your credit card company? 

fyi, Koodo has been known to show on the SIM activation charges, but should say Public Mobile going forward.

(Telus owns both Koodo and Public Mobile).

If the Koodo issue above happened, then let Customer Support (CSA) and let them know this.

Methods to contact them here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tsilva 

Did you purchase your phone brand new? Check the IMEI just in case.

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tsilva : Maybe restart the phone. Maybe have a look at devicecheck.ca. What recording (if any) do you get when you call 611?

Edit: maybe try your SIM in another phone. Maybe try another SIM in this phone.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@tsilva 

Please note that your calls are in minutes out of 100 minutes and not number of calls.

Best that you check on your Self Serve account under View My Usage for the times of each calls.

You can add-on additional minutes or download a WhatsApp as a backup for free wifi calling & texting.

@tsilva @ wrote:

But it shows that I have used 53 calls out of 100

That must be 53 mins out of 100. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@tsilva      What plan are you on?  If on a limited minutes plan perhaps you've used up your available mins and need to purchase more at $5/500 Canada wide.

You could also try rebooting the phone first too or toggle airplane mode on/off.

tsilva

But it shows that I have used 53 calls out of 100

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@tsilva Can you call or text someone? Do you get data service? Log into your self-serve account and verify things are normal including your correct phone number. 

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tsilva 

You may want to send a private message to CS_Agent with your account details so they can fix this for you. You can also create a ticket using the chatbot, but that is cumbersome and not as reliable.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

No matter plan you have unlimited number of incoming calls.

There is no such thing as '40 calls left' (unless it is some kind of weird old plan...) but it could be 40 minutes left if you are on $15 plan.

Reboot your phone, try turning airplane on/off. It could be temporary cell tower glitch.

tsilva

January 13/22

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tsilva 

What does your self-serve say? And when was your last payment?

The only way incoming calls would be shut off would be if your account is suspended due to non-payment.

Need Help? Let's chat.