cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to activate a sim, cannot log into account

Soulstrykee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tried to activate a new SIM card.

also had a referral and special promo code.

did not get a confirmation email or am able to log into my account, it did charge my credit card though. How do I fix this? Or will it fix itself in a few hours?

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Soulstrykee wrote:

did not get a confirmation email or am able to log into my account, it did charge my credit card though. How do I fix this? Or will it fix itself in a few hours?

@Soulstrykee  - charging your card is usually an indication of a SIM activation... what have you tried so far?

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Soulstrykee wrote:

Does it work?  Put the sim in your phone and try making calls.  It might still work when your account login doesn't.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Soulstrykee 

If your payment card was charged for your plan amount then you activated your sim card but it didn't provision to your account. Contact customer support. Put "sim card not provisioned upon activation" in the subject line and leave a detailed message. Check your private message box the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Soulstrykee 

Remember that this Community password you set might be different than your Self Serve account.

Click on your avatar on the top right corner and go to your profile>private stats to confirm your email address you used for your Self Serve account and try entering your password.

If that doesn’t work, click on Forgot Password and you will get a reset email.

Need Help? Let's chat.