cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay issue

Justin_M
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I recently received an email stating that something was wrong with my Autopay renewal, and therefore, my account was deemed to be suspended, However, with Autopay, I received a notification informing me that I paid for the monthly plan yesterday. Is it possible to address this situation because it was alarming in my email feed.

202 REPLIES 202

KC11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

KC11_0-1641935368209.png

This is the second time I got this kind of message in a few months ... a bit disappointed on how PM didn't learn from mistakes 

NeoRizer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you all for the quick responses. Yeah my first reaction was to ignore it, so lets go with that. Cheers.

@NeoRizer 

If you're services still work OK, then just ignore that message. It was probably sent out by mistake today.

It looks like either PM has issue with their mailing system or somebody is spamming customers as there are many topics opened with the same question.

What is the origin of that email?
Only emails from publicmobileservice@info.publicmobile.ca are official.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bullet77 : Are you at all familiar with reading headers in emails? Maybe there are more clues in there as to the source of the emails.

I can easily imagine that the company has futzed around with something or is trying out something and it got away from them. But the details in the headers might find something else.

Edit: @Bullet77 : Never mind. Someone posted proof that it was legitimately erroneous.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NeoRizer 

if showing at your Self-Serve a messages those Expired or Suspended and your services are working, just ignore,,

all customers getting those message the night before day of renewal.

on the date cycle payment is will automatically renewal.

if your services not working,

close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

• Click on Payment
  • Make a Payment
  • one Time Payment 
  • Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )
  • you will do manually enter Amount:$$ + $1 extra
  • Click ‘Submit’,
  • after payment successful,  you have to do Rebooting your phone
    what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.
  • and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$$ has the amount left, and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

@NeoRizer   You can ignore it, there's some sort of messaging glitch happening from PM's end today.

Elaine4

Thanks.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I know these messages can cause panic, but as long as you already have auto-pay enabled and your service is active, you don't have to do anything.

@Elaine4 

If you're services still work OK, then just ignore that message. It was probably sent out by mistake today.

NeoRizer

Just received an email stating my current account is under suspension and will be deactivated in 90 days.

Problem is my visa was charged for every payment. I went back and looked at my credit carr and every 3 months like clockwork I was charged.

In my account is says amount owing $135 but I was just charged for thr past 3 months on Jan 10th 2022 and my next payment isnt due until April 10th 2022.

Will this issue resolve itself? Is it an auto pay error? Is there someone I can contact to resolve this. I'm not sure what to do. I'm not making another manual payment for this. I'm all caught up.

Thanks for any support provided.

@Elaine4    Please ignore it as there's many others reporting receiving these errant messages as long as your phone services as working properly.

Bullet77
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I got the message it sent to my email it was sent by publicmobileservice@info.publicmobile.ca

the email has a link to Reactivate your account. Which I won't touch.

I checked and my payment was made through my credit card company. So it looks like public mobile my have been breached?

LeePublic

I know these messages can cause panic, but as long as you already have auto-pay enabled and your service is active, you don't have to do anything.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Elaine4 

if showing at your Self-Serve a messages those Expired or Suspended and your services are working, just ignore,,

• Click on Payment
  • Make a Payment
  • one Time Payment 
  • Click ‘Submit’,
  • and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$$ has the amount left, and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

Elaine4

I received an email today indicating that my AutoPay did not go through and my account is suspended.  I received a phone message yesterday saying that my payment went through.  I checked my account and there is no amount oweing.  I'm wondering if this was a spam email and if other people are having the same issue?  

Thanks.

@christopher2021 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM   Is PM aware that customers are receiving errant payment messages today in particular?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@christopher2021 

• Click on Payment
  • Make a Payment
  • one Time Payment 
  • Click ‘Submit’,

LeePublic

christopher2021

I got an email saying my  account is suspended but, you took my payment via MC already so why is the account suspended? 

@Stefanie1 

@Dianne79 

LeePublic

LeePublic

DKTL

Same here

@Stefanie1   Many customers are reporting similar to you.  You can ignore the message if your phone services are working.  Some sort of messaging glitch today.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stefanie1 

• Click on Payment
  • Make a Payment
  • one Time Payment 
  • Click ‘Submit’,

@irenelui0522 

LeePublic

Need Help? Let's chat.