cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account status says Plan Expired

sbreimer1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Checking my public mobile account I noticed on the main page under "account status" it says Plan Expired, in red lettering! It says this even though I'm up to date with my payments, AND showing a $25 account balance...? I have the 25$/mo. plan. Also there is no interruption of my service. Anyone know what might be happening here?  

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

PM really needs to put the customers OP behind a spoiler on subsequent pages....but take a moment to see what page you land on before replying. I have done the same thing you have thinking you are reading page 1 when you could be on page 2, 8 or 200! Just try to make it a habit like I have.....its hopefully an annoyance pm will fix.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sbreimer1 

if showing at your Self-Serve a messages those Expired or suspended and your services are working,

just ignore,,

all customers getting those message the night before day of renewal.

on the date cycle payment is will automatically renewal.

if your services not working try this,

close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

1. Click on Payment

2. Make a Payment

3. one Time Payment 

4. you will see your Amount Due:$$

5. Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )

6. you will do manually enter Amount:$$ + $1 extra

7. Click ‘Submit’,
9.after payment successful,  you have to do Rebooting your phone
what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.
10. and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$$ has the amount left, and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

@softech wrote:

I agree.. i always say they should say Status Expiring and not Expired, it is at least less scary

Even that could be confusing for most people. Then we will get questions 'but I have money, autopay, etc. why it is expiring ?'

There should be No message before renewal and message if plan is not renewed.

I agree.. i always say they should say Status Expiring and not Expired, it is at least less scary

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

they honestly need to change the system to let the customer know the renewal is taking place so that these questions won't keep coming up, if they had a separate one for pending renewal, and one for if the renewal failed and successful, then there would be less confusion. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@sbreimer1 

In reality its quite a true statement....your current 30 day plan is about to expire and your new 30 day plan renew.

A little FYI....

3 days before your renewal you will get a reminder to pay text from pm (611). You will get this text whether you have paid ahead of time or not or whether or not you are set up for autopay. You can use this as your reminder to top up your account.

At about 6pm eastern on the evening before renewal your account status will change to expired as your 30 day plan is about to expire. Unless you have no services this is perfectly normal.

On the day of your renewal at midnight eastern your plan will renew and any counters ( like data) in your account will reset to zero (0/1024mb). Rewards will be converted and applied to your balance as available funds.

At 2am* eastern your plan amount will be debited from your available funds in your balance. If there is insufficient funds in your balance to cover your plan amount the difference will be charged to your autopay card as an automatic top up. Your card statement will show this amount+taxes.

Your payment history will show 30 DAY PLAN....$10 and depending on your plan either your applicable data amount 1 GB OF DATA AT 3G SPEED....$15  or 3GB/$25 or 5GB/$30 and so on or for the $15 plan the talk portion 100 Minutes Talk Booster......$5.

If an automatic top up and/or the plan/data/minute debits/credits do not show in your payment history by 3am* eastern you have likely suffered an autopay fail. You will have until 6am* eastern to make a manual top up and reactivate your plan. If reactivate does not take your plan amount from your balance then briefly suspend your service via lost/stolen. This forces the payment and the transactions will show up in your payment history.

At 6am* eastern any account that has not paid for their plan amount in full will have their services suspended or if its been 90 days these accounts will be cancelled and deactivated and lose their phone number. Active accounts will change from expired/suspended to active status. Occasionally this process is delayed up to 6 hours* or so....check your transactions in your payment history for confirmation.

At noon eastern you will recieve two texts** from 611. The first confirms your rewards were successfully applied to your account. The second confirms your plan has successfully renewed. Not recieving the second text indicates an autopay failure.

It is my suggestion that before and after renewal you screenshot your overview page and your payment history in case their are any anomolies that need to be addressed like your data counter not resetting. If you like to keep detailed records and you are computer savvy @LurganIeUk has an excel file to export your account history to....send him a private message if this interests you.

*The amount of time that your plan payment is debited or charged to your autopay card past 2am eastern will extend the same amount time it takes for your account status to change to active or suspended past 6 am....and give you extra time to pay and reactivate your service before it actually gets suspended (or deactivated?!!)

**Currently there is a glitch causing the "Rewards successfully applied" text to arrive 6 hours later at midnight eastern.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

As the others have suggested...it looks like your plan is getting ready to renew. It looks ominous but will be fine in the morning. Make note what the renewal process looks like so you'll be prepared for subsequent renewal in 30 days.

BTW...if you have registered a valid credit card or debit card set it to Autopay...you'll get $2 Autopay Reward every time your plan renews. Your $25 plan will be $23 + tax.

Just a suggestion...even with Autopay enabled, some seasoned PM'ers will manually pay for their regular plan renewal a few days ahead of time to minimize occurrence of any Autopay glitch....and you'll still get the Autopay Reward of $2. 

EZ money !!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sbreimer1   is your renewal date tomorrow (Jan 7)?  If so, it is normal that on the night before renewal date, around 6pm EST, your account will changed to Status Expired.  It just mean it will be going through renewal process.  Nothing to concern as long as your service is not interrupted.  It will go through applying reward and Autopay tonight and tomorrow  morning between 6am EST to 12 noon, it will then change it back to status Active.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

If your renewal is coming up then ignore that message. Everyone gets that at renewal. As long as all services are working you are good.

Need Help? Let's chat.